ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (M) Premium Application - Further Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oldno7
Newly Registered

ILR (M) Premium Application - Further Documents

Post by oldno7 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:59 am

Please can someone advise me. I have read through 20+ pages on this bourd.

I am a UK citezen, My wife is from Bangladesh, Spouse Visa. We have recently made an application for ILR (M). This is what has happened so far:

Application made through a solicitor, Premium Service.

Twice the application was not taken by the Home Office citing time period and application made to early, These two occasions were weeks apart in March'2010. Third occassion application was taken by Home Office.

All the requested documents were submitted, But instead of a "Life In The UK" certificate, My wife had ESOL Entry Level 1 from one college and Entry Level 1 and 2 from another college. Both sets of certificates were submitted with the application along with a letter from the college.

The day after the application the Home Office sent my solicitor a letter stating that the college letter was not good because it needed to confirm that my wifes ESOL was completed with Home Office approved material. They asked for another letter from the college within 14 days.

Turns out that was correct with ONE of the colleges. After much panic, research, calls. We realised that the ESOL Entry 1 from the OTHER college was done with Home Office approved material. We had included BOTH sets of certificates with the application. So after a week we got the letter from the OTHER college and gave that to our solicitor. The solicitor said that on their next visit to the Home Office, the staff at the counter would not accept the letter. So the solicitor sent it by recorded post. The solicitor has confirmed that the letter has been received by the Home Office.

It has now been been over three weeks and we have not heard anything from the Home Office...

My wifes 2 year visa has expired on the 17th March '2010. I know that they extend the visa when they process applications.

My questions:

A) Premium aplication, Initial HO response was the next day! How long can we expect to wait?

B) Do Premium Applcations turn into Postal Applications if there is further need for documents?

C) Can my wifes ILR be declined? Even though I have submitted a legitemate college letter and bearing in mind two sets of ESOL certificates were in the application, And the letter is relating to one set of ESOL certificates.

D) Worse case scenario, If the application is declined, Will we have sufficieant time from their letter to make an FLR application?

Your help would be grately apprecieated, Thanks

oldno7
Newly Registered

Immigrationboards.com - Waste Of Time

Post by oldno7 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:46 pm

I took the time to research my question before I posted it. No answers after 80 views, The forum is a mess, Point Based, Tier Based queries get answered in the ILR section. And there is no order on information. Rather then have a sticky with common questions and answers - The forum is awash with same questions in different posts and it seems random whenever anybody bothers to post a reply.

Better to look online elsewhere then waste further time here, I think. Bit disappointed.

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:04 am

oldno7 please do not say that a forum is a mess.
most of people (including me) who came across your thread were attracted to it because of the name - extra documents request. I think you did not get a reply because most of us simply do not know the answer. I think your solicitor is the right person to answer that.
Now, I can only express my own opinion - I think your application will be processed quicker as you paid more for it, in addition, as you are British, I think the Home Office will not send your wife out of a country and will give application special treatment. I believe you have nothing to worry about. You mentioned yourself that everything in application is legitimate, they made further enquiry and you clarified the issue by giving another letter from the College. I really think you are stressing yourself for nothing.
Best of luck to you! :wink:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Immigrationboards.com - Waste Of Time

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am

oldno7 wrote:I took the time to research my question before I posted it. No answers after 80 views, The forum is a mess, Point Based, Tier Based queries get answered in the ILR section. And there is no order on information. Rather then have a sticky with common questions and answers - The forum is awash with same questions in different posts and it seems random whenever anybody bothers to post a reply.

Better to look online elsewhere then waste further time here, I think. Bit disappointed.
Aww, please don't cry....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

oldno7
Newly Registered

Thanks powermatic

Post by oldno7 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:50 am

Big Thanks to "Powermatic" for your kind and sincere reply, Unlike Wandering Guru whom I am presuming is the local village "Idiot".
My views on the forum are valid and not malicious. I came here for a practical reason (Unlike Wanderer Guru). I Googled and was attracted to a subject here. But I do believe purposeful "Stickies" would help rather then sifting through backwards.

In anycase Thanks Powermatic and Guru can do what he does best in public.

nellis83
Newly Registered

Re: Thanks powermatic

Post by nellis83 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:08 am

oldno7 wrote:Big Thanks to "Powermatic" for your kind and sincere reply, Unlike Wandering Guru whom I am presuming is the local village "Idiot".
My views on the forum are valid and not malicious. I came here for a practical reason (Unlike Wanderer Guru). I Googled and was attracted to a subject here. But I do believe purposeful "Stickies" would help rather then sifting through backwards.

Perhaps Wanderer took exception to someone swanning in and slagging off the forum he works hard to moderate and maintain? The forum that has been an invaluable source of advice and reassurance for probably thousands of people?

Just a thought....

oldno7
Newly Registered

Post by oldno7 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:04 pm

nellis83 wrote:
oldno7 wrote:Big Thanks to "Powermatic" for your kind and sincere reply, Unlike Wandering Guru whom I am presuming is the local village "Idiot".

Perhaps Wanderer took exception to someone swanning in and slagging off the forum he works hard to moderate and maintain? The forum that has been an invaluable source of advice and reassurance for probably thousands of people?

Just a thought....
Take a look at the Forum Index, Then look at the postings in the "ILR" Section. Can you see the "ILR" section has Tier based postings etc?

Did I decide to swan in on a sunny spring day to slag the forum off? No I had taken the trouble to read through several dozen pages before posting my original post.
Which deffinately relates to a very real and personally tense situation - No different from the vast majority of poor souls looking for answers on here.

Swanning in here has no relevance (see above). "Slagging Off" the forum has no relevance as it was constructive criticism relating to looking for relevant answers. Having tried also using the Search function which brings up random postings.

I dont believe that member of the forum is a moderator either. From what I can see, rather then assist me or caring to read my original post, The member took my criticism of the forum on a personal basis took a pot shot.

How would anyone else tense with worries about their loved one remaining here, take THAT members response?

I came here to seek anwsers. Not start petty pot shots at people who have nothing better to do then troll forums and insult others rather then help.

I hope to leave this matter closed now. Rather then distract myself or others with the unfortunate incident.

nellis83
Newly Registered

Post by nellis83 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:42 pm

oldno7 wrote:
nellis83 wrote:

Just a thought....
Take a look at the Forum Index, Then look at the postings in the "ILR" Section. Can you see the "ILR" section has Tier based postings etc?

Did I decide to swan in on a sunny spring day to slag the forum off? No I had taken the trouble to read through several dozen pages before posting my original post.
Which deffinately relates to a very real and personally tense situation - No different from the vast majority of poor souls looking for answers on here.

Swanning in here has no relevance (see above). "Slagging Off" the forum has no relevance as it was constructive criticism relating to looking for relevant answers. Having tried also using the Search function which brings up random postings.

I dont believe that member of the forum is a moderator either. From what I can see, rather then assist me or caring to read my original post, The member took my criticism of the forum on a personal basis took a pot shot.

How would anyone else tense with worries about their loved one remaining here, take THAT members response?

I came here to seek anwsers. Not start petty pot shots at people who have nothing better to do then troll forums and insult others rather then help.

I hope to leave this matter closed now. Rather then distract myself or others with the unfortunate incident.
My last post on the subject too, but when, on your second post on this forum, you say that
oldno7 wrote: The forum is a mess
and
oldno7 wrote: it seems random whenever anybody bothers to post a reply
and
oldno7 wrote: Better to look online elsewhere then waste further time here, I think.
and then you add that you thought you were being constructive? Are you surprised that a board regular (moderator or not, maybe I was wrong) took offence?

No one is paid for posting advice on here, it's done by decent people in their free time.

Why not ask your solicitor these questions? Genuinely wish your and wife all the best with your application.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:57 pm

powermatic wrote:oldno7 please do not say that a forum is a mess.
most of people (including me) who came across your thread were attracted to it because of the name - extra documents request. I think you did not get a reply because most of us simply do not know the answer. I think your solicitor is the right person to answer that.
Now, I can only express my own opinion - I think your application will be processed quicker as you paid more for it, in addition, as you are British, I think the Home Office will not send your wife out of a country and will give application special treatment. I believe you have nothing to worry about. You mentioned yourself that everything in application is legitimate, they made further enquiry and you clarified the issue by giving another letter from the College. I really think you are stressing yourself for nothing.
Best of luck to you! :wink:
I want to back-up what powermatic said. I only read your post because of the title, thinking you needed more help with regards to what extra documents you needed to send with your application.

It's the title that attracts me to the posts I choose to read and most of the time the title had absolutely nothing to do with the content. If you want the number of "reads" to match the number of 'replies" add more clarity to your title. Simple. And that goes to everyone that posts here.

You've sent your application and the extra documents to UKBA so now, like the rest of us, you play the waiting game. Any questions go to your solicitor, that's what you're paying them for. Having used one myself for my application they're not cheap so make the most of out them. We're not experts here (some are) we're simply people who have the same experiences and are sharing this. Don't shout at us if we can't help or you don't get the response you were after.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:34 pm

If the OP is continuing to read posts and is still with us....
You may well have a problem with only one college confirming in writing approved Citizens' material. The regulations stipulate that you must show that you have progressed from one level to the next. Are you confident that the one certificate (with accompanying letter) will be sufficient as it appears that the first level course is void?
I agree that this is something your solicitor should be advising on...that's what you're paying him for.