ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

old Workpermit to New Tier2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yuvarajrajendran
Newly Registered

old Workpermit to New Tier2

Post by yuvarajrajendran » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi

My friend is on Work permit ( old system) and working for a nursing home as a Nurse, Now she has found a job with a different Nursing home, who are ready to Sponsor the Tier 2 work permit.

She has leave to remain till 2013 on her present work permit

1, Using the sponsor letter(employer's) should she apply just for new leave to remain or apply for work permit and leave to remain ?
2, Should she show maintenance fund 800 pounds fund for 3 months?
3, Can she start to work for the new nursing home as soon she gets the sponsorship letter (i.e. before getting new leave to remain stamped ) and get the visa stamping after 2 months ?

Please advice,

Thanks a lot in advance :)

djzack

Re: old Workpermit to New Tier2

Post by djzack » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:47 pm

yuvarajrajendran wrote:Hi

My friend is on Work permit ( old system) and working for a nursing home as a Nurse, Now she has found a job with a different Nursing home, who are ready to Sponsor the Tier 2 work permit.

She has leave to remain till 2013 on her present work permit

1, Using the sponsor letter(employer's) should she apply just for new leave to remain or apply for work permit and leave to remain ? - You will need to apply for a Tier 2 visa under the points based system, and the work permit she gets IS her leave to remain. You don't need to apply for anything else separately.

2, Should she show maintenance fund 800 pounds fund for 3 months? - Yes, as it is one of the requirements.

3, Can she start to work for the new nursing home as soon she gets the sponsorship letter (i.e. before getting new leave to remain stamped ) and get the visa stamping after 2 months ? - No, she cannot start work without getting her Tier 2 visa approved beforehand.

Please advice,

Thanks a lot in advance :)
Last edited by djzack on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

yuvarajrajendran
Newly Registered

Post by yuvarajrajendran » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks a lot for your swift help

ArifSultan
Newly Registered

Post by ArifSultan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi,

I do not agree she will have to show £800 for last three months, as UKBA website clearly states somewhere that if status is one of the following then £800 maintenance funds for last 3 months is not required, and WP is in that list.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 pm

I belive she will need to show maintanance of 800 pounds atleast .

only excemption is if her employer is an A rated sponsor and is willing to support her living expense as well and as a proof of this the employer need to select 'Support Employee's Stay' (which is the last tick box in COS) in COS and will also need to provide a letter confirming it on companie's letterhead.

please wait for seniors to confirm...

palani_ot
Newly Registered

Work permit to Tier 2

Post by palani_ot » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi Yuvaraj
I am on similar situation like ur firend.
I got a job offer and the new employer sponsored me the certificate.
could you please advise me when should i inform my current employer?
Is the work permit will get cancelled automatically when I send my passport for tier 2 visa?
It would be grateful if you advise me.

Thank you