ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we apply for jobs in Germany on visitor visa?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s19779

Can we apply for jobs in Germany on visitor visa?

Post by s19779 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:55 am

Hi all, I was thinking what possibiliy one has in searching jobs in Germany by coming in visitor visa.

Has anybody got any experience like this before?

Please help me.
Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Can we apply for jobs in Germany on visitor visa?

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:23 am

s19779 wrote:Hi all, I was thinking what possibiliy one has in searching jobs in Germany by coming in visitor visa.

Has anybody got any experience like this before?

Please help me.
Thanks
Schengen visa? U can try, but there's no guarantees, jobs are tight and work permit sponsors even tighter.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

s19779

Post by s19779 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:42 pm

But there are chances to get a job and work visa or residence visa right?

I just wanted explore that little bit of a chance. :lol:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:56 pm

s19779 wrote:But there are chances to get a job and work visa or residence visa right?

I just wanted explore that little bit of a chance. :lol:
Yeah course, same as in any other country, Germany no different.

Remember there's not HSMP/tier 1 type visas there - Work Permits issued by sponsoring company only

s19779

Post by s19779 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks wanderer.
What should I do to come to Germany and attend an interview?
Can I just apply for a schengen tourist visa?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:37 pm

s19779 wrote:Thanks wanderer.
What should I do to come to Germany and attend an interview?
Can I just apply for a schengen tourist visa?

Thanks
Yes. But bear in mind the process can be quite long and expensive especially with a trip to London....

s19779

Post by s19779 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Why trip to London needed?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:06 pm

s19779 wrote:Why trip to London needed?
To apply for Schengen visa for Germany.

s19779

Post by s19779 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:13 pm

No Wanderer, I am not in the UK. I am still in India. Will be travelling in June end.

I will go from India to Germany for this purpose.

Can you give me any one link where I can get all the details for German schengen visa in ENGLISH language please. And if you can please list the documents typically needed for visitor or tourist visa for germany.

Thanks for your efforts and information.

Regards,
Raj

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:18 pm

s19779 wrote:No Wanderer, I am not in the UK. I am still in India. Will be travelling in June end.

Can you give me any one link where I can get all the details for German schengen visa in ENGLISH language please. And if you can please list the documents typically needed for visitor or tourist visa for germany.

Regards,
Raj
http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/l ... seite.html

You'd have to attend an interview at your nearest German consulate in India or where you legally reside and provide all the docs as listed in the site;

s19779

Post by s19779 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Wanderer wrote:
s19779 wrote:No Wanderer, I am not in the UK. I am still in India. Will be travelling in June end.

Regards,
Raj

You'd have to attend an interview at your nearest German consulate in India or where you legally reside and provide all the docs as listed in the site;

Thanks Wanderer. have a nice day.

lee123
Newly Registered

Post by lee123 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:09 am

No you can not do this because the Germany laws are really hard in these matters.If you know its mother language than you can get visa not job.

s19779

Post by s19779 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:23 am

lee123 wrote:No you can not do this because the Germany laws are really hard in these matters.If you know its mother language than you can get visa not job.
You mean I cannot get a schengen visitor visa?

gani999

Post by gani999 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:33 pm

s19779 wrote:
lee123 wrote:No you can not do this because the Germany laws are really hard in these matters.If you know its mother language than you can get visa not job.
s19779, you can get a Schenegan visitor visa. You can also look for jobs or attend interviews in Germany with a visitors visa. But if you happen to get hired, you'll need to return to your country before you can apply for a job visa.

Hope this helps

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:12 am

gani999 wrote:
s19779 wrote:
s19779, you can get a Schenegan visitor visa. You can also look for jobs or attend interviews in Germany with a visitors visa. But if you happen to get hired, you'll need to return to your country before you can apply for a job visa.

Hope this helps
Actually I'm not sure if that's true. When you are granted a work permit for Germany, you are called to the consulate and given a single entry Schengen visa which you exchange immediately in Germany for a residence permit proper, so I think it would be ok to do that from an existing Schengen visa.

However, in my experience there's no chance of doing this because of the time it takes, the German WP process is very slow, no chance of securing a job, the employer processing the app, and the Arbeitsamt granting the WP, all in 90 days....

gani999

Post by gani999 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:50 am

Wanderer wrote:
Actually I'm not sure if that's true. When you are granted a work permit for Germany, you are called to the consulate and given a single entry Schengen visa which you exchange immediately in Germany for a residence permit proper, so I think it would be ok to do that from an existing Schengen visa.
Not if the existing Schenegan visa is a visitors or a business visa. They don't encourage that anywhere.

In fact, I know people who got deported for trying to do this using business visas. This wasn't in Germany, though, but I doubt the rules are all that different.