ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Crossing the border 1st time - with Tier1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kju

Crossing the border 1st time - with Tier1 visa

Post by kju » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 pm

I got my Tier1 visa valid from 7.4.2010. (I'm Croatian national)
On 1.5.2010. (within 28 days rule) I'll be crossing the border for first time...

This time I will stay in UK only for 1 week (still employed in my country and got my return flight ticket etc). This time I'm only visiting friends, maybe try to apply for NI number and register at NHS GP.. Is that advisable, since I won't be staying for long???

Of course, I plan to come to UK in beginning of June again, but for 5-8 weeks to seek work etc. If I get a job, I will move to UK permanently...

...any tips on what I should pay attention to this time?
I'll be honest about my intentions with the immigration officers at the border...but should I be worried about something etc? any one has similar experience?

Thanks in advance!!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:23 pm

your "official" reason to visit UK should be "to find work/employment".

tier 1 visa is not the type of visa you get to "visit" friends. thats what visit visa is for.

Immigration officers could give you a lot more hassle if you say you are coming to UK to visit famly and friends!.

You dont need to mention that you have got return tickets but if they do ask you when you are leaving, then there is no point in hiding it as it will have no bearing on your visa.

In short, say you are coming here to find some work and that you will be staying with your friends/family :p

regards

kju

Post by kju » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 am

arsenal49 wrote:In short, say you are coming here to find some work and that you will be staying with your friends/family :p
should i bring something to prove that?
ok, i understand your point, i will do as you advise, thanks very much for the reply

what about the NI / NHS business? is it ok to sort that out even though i am not yet permanently in UK?

cheers

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:33 am

kju wrote: what about the NI / NHS business? is it ok to sort that out even though i am not yet permanently in UK?

cheers
Book the appointment in jobcentreplus nearest to where you stay in the UK. NHS you can just walk in to the nearest surgery, bring all your relevant document.