ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fund - Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_apr2010

Maintenance Fund - Urgent

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:24 am

Hi Guys,

I am out country applicant. I would be using my HSBC UK Online bonus account as proof for maintenance fund.

I am fed up of ordering my latest up-to-date statements from the bank. Every time I order an up-to-date statement they are sending statements until the last generated statement date(i.e. 5th March). As statement until 5th March is more than 30 days old this won't suffice the purpose. I have my entire application ready from the past 2 weeks but can't submit without bank statements...

Now I am planning to order Letter from Bank.

Please guys can you confirm if this format will suffice?

Dated: April 23 2010
To,
British Deputy High Commission
Mumbai

This is to Certify that Mr. XXXX is maintaining a HSBC Online Bonus Saver Account with us bearing Account no. XXXX.
The withdrawal balance maintained as on 23/04/2010 is XXX GBP.
The minimum balance maintained in the account account from 17/12/2009 to till date is XXX GBP.
The certificate is issued at the request of the account holder without any recourse to us or commitment on our part.

I have few queries on this.

1. I understand that the letter must be on the bank’s letterhead/official stationery. But do I need to get this stamped and sealed by the bank?
2. Is the Bank letter the only document I need to provide or I need to submit online printouts of my bank statements?
3. how will the bank calculate minimum balance over a period of 90 days?
Will they sum the closing balance for each day and divide it by number of days?
But in that case it is possible that the on a particular day the balance goes below £ 2800 pounds but it get balanced up by a balance above £ 2800 the other day.

So in that case should I have an additional line in the statement above. Saying "The minimum balance during the above mentioned period was £ XXXX." Hence in that way the HO will be clear that the balance has never fallen below £ 2800.

Regards,
Rohit

jojybaba

Re: Maintenance Fund - Urgent

Post by jojybaba » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:02 pm

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am out country applicant. I would be using my HSBC UK Online bonus account as proof for maintenance fund.

I am fed up of ordering my latest up-to-date statements from the bank. Every time I order an up-to-date statement they are sending statements until the last generated statement date(i.e. 5th March). As statement until 5th March is more than 30 days old this won't suffice the purpose. I have my entire application ready from the past 2 weeks but can't submit without bank statements...

To,
Mumbai

This is to Certify that Mr. XXXX is maintaining a HSBC Online Bonus Saver Account with us bearing Account no. XXXX.
The minimum balance maintained in the account account from 17/12/2009 to till date is XXX GBP.
The certificate is issued at the request of the account holder without any recourse to us or commitment on our part.

1. I understand that the letter must be on the bank’s letterhead/official stationery. But do I need to get this stamped and sealed by the bank?
2. Is the Bank letter the only document I need to provide or I need to submit online printouts of my bank statements?
But in that case it is possible that the on a particular day the balance goes below £ 2800 pounds but it get balanced up by a balance above £ 2800 the other day.
Balance should never come down even one pound,if u see ur statment all pages you will see Debt and Credit Colum,Credit colum should alwas say amount over 2800,or you manualy check every day close balnce should not less than 2800.

for rest of ur query plz wait for any senior membor reply,however you can show maintinance fund from your home country Bank as wel.
So in that case should I have an additional line in the statement above. Saying "The minimum balance during the above mentioned period was £ XXXX." Hence in that way the HO will be clear that the balance has never fallen below £ 2800.

Regards,
Rohit

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Mine is almost similar situation.
My question is as well.. if it is OK to submit balance certificate as well as original bank statement from the bank without bank stamp (They are on the bank letterhead though)

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:47 pm

npanglia wrote:Mine is almost similar situation.
My question is as well.. if it is OK to submit balance certificate as well as original bank statement from the bank without bank stamp (They are on the bank letterhead though)
npanglia,

Please can you share your format of Maintenance fund bank letter?

Regards,
R

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:48 pm

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:Hi Guys,

To,
Mumbai

Regards,
Rohit
Senoirs Please can you answer my queries... I need to call the bank today...

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi Rohit,

I got a letter from my bank (LLOYDS TSB) for my maintainance fund which stated that my minimum balance never went below (whatever the minimum balace was for last 90 days).

They will simply look at your statement and look for the minimum balance in the last 90 days period, and that will be your amount. They will not sum and then divide for sure.

All the best!

r007
Newly Registered

Post by r007 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:20 pm

I think by ordering from HSBC phone banking, they will send you an up to date statement. You need to specifically tell them that u need it to apply visa, there are aware of the standards.

Also If u go to bank and ask for it, they won't be able to provide you.

I got mine recently.