ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Matter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

memphis

Salary Matter

Post by memphis » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi all,

I work in west Africa, the multiplier is 11.4. But my Salary gets deposited by my employer into my bank's account in my home country.
I wanted to know if in this case the multiplier would be the place i am working or the place where the salary gets deposited ?
memphis

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Please go through HO GUIDANCE Page 23 of 47 Paragraph 131 - 133 which
Says wrote:
Adjusting overseas earnings
131. To reflect differences in income levels across the world, the income level required to score points varies depending on where the applicant was working at the time he/she earned the money. We use a series of calculations (known as uplift ratios) to bring overseas salaries in line with their United Kingdom equivalents. The level of uplift we give depends on the average income in the country in which the earnings were made. This calculation is made automatically using the points based calculator on our website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ssessment/. Table 2A of Appendix A (Attributes) of the Immigration Rules lists countries and the appropriate conversion rate.

132. The country in which the applicant has physically undertaken the work, rather than his/her nationality, the currency payment is made in or the country in which payment is made, determines the income band against which we will assess the earnings.

133. Where an applicant has earnings from more than one country, the points based calculator will apply the appropriate uplift ratio for each country in which the relevant earnings were made in order to provide a total UK equivalent value of earnings.

memphis

Post by memphis » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:50 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:Please go through HO GUIDANCE Page 23 of 47 Paragraph 131 - 133 which
Says wrote:
Adjusting overseas earnings
131. To reflect differences in income levels across the world, the income level required to score points varies depending on where the applicant was working at the time he/she earned the money. We use a series of calculations (known as uplift ratios) to bring overseas salaries in line with their United Kingdom equivalents. The level of uplift we give depends on the average income in the country in which the earnings were made. This calculation is made automatically using the points based calculator on our website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ssessment/. Table 2A of Appendix A (Attributes) of the Immigration Rules lists countries and the appropriate conversion rate.

132. The country in which the applicant has physically undertaken the work, rather than his/her nationality, the currency payment is made in or the country in which payment is made, determines the income band against which we will assess the earnings.

133. Where an applicant has earnings from more than one country, the points based calculator will apply the appropriate uplift ratio for each country in which the relevant earnings were made in order to provide a total UK equivalent value of earnings.

Thank you very much. Am clear now