ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Offences & CCJ

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

infaithlad
Newly Registered

Offences & CCJ

Post by infaithlad » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Good day to all board members.

I am seeking some help from the board members.

I have got my ILR in March,2010 and on that application I did declare my traffic offence and CCJ.

But I will chronicle in brief my situation:

In June 2008, I received a penatly notice for driving with out insurance and then my car was towed away. But later the charge notice was canceled by the Magistrates Court and I heard nothing from the police since then about this. I have declared this on my ILR application.

I also have mentioned about my County Court Judgement when I have applied for my ILR

The new senario is:

On my way to the appoitment for ILR in March 2010, I met with an accident and in a rush to make the appointment, I left the scence giving my licence and deatils to my friend who was in the car with me.

I made it to the Home Office in time for my appoitment.

I know that you have to wait at the scene of accident, but I did not wanna miss the appointment at the Home Office as that was my last day on my visa as well. In case, I did not make it that day, I would have become illegal the next day.

The police took all the deatils of my friend and me from my friend. They took my licence as well from my freind. Then after about 30 minutes I called my freind on the mobile and I spoke to the police officer and mentioned to him that I am at the Home Office and I will be back as soon as the appointment is over.

Once the appoitment was done, I went back to the police station and they said I was under arrest for failing to stop at the scene of accident. I was later interviewed and in the interview showed my passport and explained to them the situation and said the reasons to leave the scene.

After a hour I was given my licence back and said that I can go on my way. The police said there will be no points on the licence for I had all documents in place.

I would like to know if this senario is gonna affect my Naturalisation application which i intend to file in March, 2011. Would appreciate responses.

Regards....

INFAITHLAD

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:28 pm

If you were not charged or not told by the police that you are going to be charged I see no issue

infaithlad
Newly Registered

Post by infaithlad » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Thank you BACKER...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 pm

I think the arrest might be an issue tho.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:16 pm

The arrest should not be an issue. Why do you think otherwise Wanderer? Where in the guidlines do you see that it even needs to be declared?

R-

Post by R- » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:39 pm

as long as you have not been CONVICTED of anything, you do not have to declare it. Even if you have been arrested and cautioned by the police officer, you DO NOT have to declare it as it does not count as a CONVICTION.

infaithlad
Newly Registered

Post by infaithlad » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:28 pm

Thank you members..... the police lady said that they will interview me and then bail me out. They said that the case will be put in front of a special social panel and if they decide if that the case needs to be investigated they might proceed further... but the police said, my case must be fine and there should not be other such problem...