ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stopped at Immigration - Heathrow Airport - Please Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kha1279
Newly Registered

Post by kha1279 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Hello All - Please help me

I came to UK in Jan 2007 on student visa; I went back home (India) on 9 Dec 2007 for marriage.

When I came back at Heathrow airport terminal 4 on 30 Dec 2007 21:30, I was stopped by the immigration official for further checks (as I changed my college + work full time), however after further investigation (Don’t know what they did) next day around 13:00 they allowed me in London.

In June 2008 I was due for my first extension, for which I enroll for 3 degree course and was successful in getting around 3 year student visa which will expire in March 2011, later on I changed my college which is also recognized by UKBA.

After getting three years visa, I called my wife to UK in Nov 2008 (No problem in clearing her immigration)
In Jan 2009 she got good job, She applied for Tier 1 Visa from India in March 2010 and was successfully able to get 3-years tier 1 visa.

After I change my visa from student visa to Tier 1 dependant successfully from back home (India).

My Question is:

1) Will there be any problem at immigration at Heathrow airport as I still do full time job?

2) Will the immigration officials check my previous history (I don’t have any criminal record both in UK and India?

3) Can I clear the port of enter with new visa category endorsed on my passport.

4) God forbidden, if I’m stopped again at immigration what are the options available for me?

I am very tensed, as I will be going next month to change my visa status.

I would request all Guru's, senior members to help me or anyone who faced the same situation.

I hope u understand how I feel at the moment.

Thanks for reading.

kha1279
Newly Registered

Post by kha1279 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:32 am

Please Guru's, Sage, Senior member can someone pls shed light on this...!!!

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:40 pm

You should be alright. Dont be much worried.

sam99
Newly Registered

Post by sam99 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Thanks for ur response....

Anyone else (tvs_ramesh, Vks) please someone shed light on this matter.

Thanks again.

vks

Re: Stopped at Immigration - Heathrow Airport - Please Help

Post by vks » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:28 pm

kha1279 wrote:Hello All - Please help me

I came to UK in Jan 2007 on student visa; I went back home (India) on 9 Dec 2007 for marriage.

When I came back at Heathrow airport terminal 4 on 30 Dec 2007 21:30, I was stopped by the immigration official for further checks (as I changed my college + work full time)
I do not know what this means. As a student visa holder, you can work only for few hours a month and not full time. Is that why the Immigration Officer stopped you entering? What was their reason for the stopping and what was the result?

, however after further investigation (Don’t know what they did) next day around 13:00 they allowed me in London.

In June 2008 I was due for my first extension, for which I enroll for 3 degree course and was successful in getting around 3 year student visa which will expire in March 2011, later on I changed my college which is also recognized by UKBA.

After getting three years visa, I called my wife to UK in Nov 2008 (No problem in clearing her immigration)
In Jan 2009 she got good job, She applied for Tier 1 Visa from India in March 2010 and was successfully able to get 3-years tier 1 visa.

After I change my visa from student visa to Tier 1 dependant successfully from back home (India).

My Question is:

1) Will there be any problem at immigration at Heathrow airport as I still do full time job?

2) Will the immigration officials check my previous history (I don’t have any criminal record both in UK and India?

3) Can I clear the port of enter with new visa category endorsed on my passport.

4) God forbidden, if I’m stopped again at immigration what are the options available for me?

I am very tensed, as I will be going next month to change my visa status.

I would request all Guru's, senior members to help me or anyone who faced the same situation.

I hope u understand how I feel at the moment.

Thanks for reading.
IMO, there should not be any problems, but pls prepare yourself in such a way, you can answer all the facts!
Regards,
vks

kha1279
Newly Registered

Post by kha1279 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Many Thanks Vks for your response.

I don't know why they stopped me however, next morning around 10:00 immigration official asked my current college name and which university I joined initially that all and after few hours they allowed me port of entry.

I will be applying in last week of May 2010

Can you please check are these documents sufficient or do I need to include anything else.

Following are the documents for my Tier 1 dependent visa application from Hyderabad VFS.

Documents from main application (wife):

Covering letter
Bank statement- 6 months (Lloyds bank maintaining balance more than 5000 pounds for the past 3 months)
Pay slip - 6 months
Letter from Employer
Letter from Bank
Full Passport copy with visa copy
Tenancy Agreement (Both My and my Mrs name are there with 2 other tenants)
Utility Bills - 6 months (Water / Gas / Electricity) (Both My and my Mrs name are there with one other tenant)
P60 - Is this necessary?

Documents from myself (Applicant) :
Application form VAF10
Original Marriage certificate
Original Passport
Photos for application
Marriage Photos
Covering Letter - Is this necessary?
Bank statement - 3 months (Barclays balance of 600 pounds) - Is this necessary?
Education certificates - Is this necessary?

I would request all Guru's, Sage, members to please help me in this…
Many Thanks for your support.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:25 pm

kha1279 wrote:Many Thanks Vks for your response.

I don't know why they stopped me however, next morning around 10:00 immigration official asked my current college name and which university I joined initially that all and after few hours they allowed me port of entry.

I will be applying in last week of May 2010

Can you please check are these documents sufficient or do I need to include anything else.

Following are the documents for my Tier 1 dependent visa application from Hyderabad VFS.

Documents from main application (wife):

Covering letter
Bank statement- 6 months (Lloyds bank maintaining balance more than 5000 pounds for the past 3 months)
Pay slip - 6 months
Letter from Employer
Letter from Bank You need Bank statement to show amounts matching that shown in the payslips
Utility Bills - 6 months (Water / Gas / Electricity) (Both My and my Mrs name are there with one other tenant)
P60 - Is this necessary? No

Application form VAF10
Original Passport
Photos for application
Marriage Photos
Covering Letter - Is this necessary? No, include specific point about the dependant (You) in the main applicant's Cover Letter
Bank statement - 3 months (Barclays balance of 600 pounds) - Is this necessary? No, if you dont intend to use the account to show maintenance funds
Education certificates - Is this necessary? No

regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sam99
Newly Registered

Post by sam99 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:51 pm

All documents seems ok

vks

Post by vks » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Too many documents that are not required will also jeopardize the results. So just produce the required supporting documents.
Regards,
vks

kha1279
Newly Registered

Post by kha1279 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Many Thanks Push / Vks for your help…

I will be submitting the following documents

Documents from Tier 1 visa holder (wife):

Covering letter
Bank statement- (Lloyds bank maintaining balance more than 5000 pounds for the past 3 months with salary matching that shown in the pay slips) - Do I need to submit 6 months or 1 year statements?
Pay slip - 6 months - Do I need to submit her both Full time and part time pay slip?
Letter from Employer - From both her employers or just from full time employment?
Letter from Bank
Utility Bills - 6 months (Water / Gas / Electricity) (Both My and my Mrs name are there with one other tenant) [Do I need to submit 3 / 6 months or 1 year bills ?]

Application form VAF10
Original Passport
Photos for application
Marriage Photos
Education certificates – Will there be any issue / problem if I don’t submit my Indian or UK qualifications , The reason I am asking because I am on still on student visa in UK prior to apply for Tier 1 dependant from India.

vks

Post by vks » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:14 am

kha1279 wrote:Many Thanks Push / Vks for your help…

I will be submitting the following documents

Documents from Tier 1 visa holder (wife):

Covering letter
Bank statement- (Lloyds bank maintaining balance more than 5000 pounds for the past 3 months with salary matching that shown in the pay slips) - Do I need to submit 6 months or 1 year statements?
Pay slip - 6 months - Do I need to submit her both Full time and part time pay slip?

You just need to show bank statement for your maintenance(+ the main applicant's). 3 months minimum and it can be a number of months beyond

Letter from Employer - From both her employers or just from full time employment?
Letter from Bank
Utility Bills - 6 months (Water / Gas / Electricity) (Both My and my Mrs name are there with one other tenant) [Do I need to submit 3 / 6 months or 1 year bills ?]

Application form VAF10
Original Passport
Photos for application
Marriage Photos
Education certificates – Will there be any issue / problem if I don’t submit my Indian or UK qualifications , The reason I am asking because I am on still on student visa in UK prior to apply for Tier 1 dependant from India.
Education documents not required, if dependant

Also review the check list for out of country applicants PBS dependant's supporting documents
Regards,
vks