ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help children Visas confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uklogbn
Newly Registered

Please help children Visas confusion

Post by uklogbn » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:17 pm

I need some advice from the forum I do have 2 of my adopted children in UK with me they are both 14 and 16 years old, I am a British Citizen with an Italian wife and the Kids where adopted in Nigeria as far as I know Nigeria is in Designated list country which means the adoption is automatic recognise in UK, Nigeria is not in Hague Convention so the children are not automatic British citizen.

They arrived in UK 2 months ago on Visiting Visa my question now is do I need to send them back to Nigeria to apply for settlement Visa or register them as a British citizen or can I change their Visa status in UK I am just confused please help.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:59 pm

You will need apply for ILR for them using SET F form.You can use a personal PEO appointment.
Best wishes