ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contractor Inome Proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anu10
Newly Registered

Contractor Inome Proof

Post by anu10 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:39 am

I am planning to apply UK Tier 1 Visa very soon. I am a fultime employee and also carrying out some contracting work. Could you please let me know what other documents I should provide together with bank statements.

Thanks in advance..

Anu

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Contractor Inome Proof

Post by mvent00 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:48 am

anu10 wrote:I am planning to apply UK Tier 1 Visa very soon. I am a fultime employee and also carrying out some contracting work. Could you please let me know what other documents I should provide together with bank statements.

Thanks in advance..

Anu
In addition to bank statements, as:
Employee: payslips or letter from employer
Contractor: an accountant’s letter confirming a breakdown of your gross and net earnings for the period claimed
Hope that helps.

anu10
Newly Registered

Post by anu10 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:55 am

mvent00 wrote:
anu10 wrote:I am planning to apply UK Tier 1 Visa very soon. I am a fultime employee and also carrying out some contracting work. Could you please let me know what other documents I should provide together with bank statements.

Thanks in advance..

Anu
Contractor: an accountant’s letter confirming a breakdown of your gross and net earnings for the period claimed
Hope that helps.
Thanks for quick reply. My confusion is that it is only accountant's letter or acc letter together with invoices/payment slips etc.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:04 am

Hope that helps.
[/quote]

Thanks for quick reply. My confusion is that it is only accountant's letter or acc letter together with invoices/payment slips etc.[/quote]

You will claim earning points from two different sources:
As an employee: bank statements and payslips or letter from your employer.
As a contractor: bank statements and just your accountant's letter as stated above.

lailaaa3

Contractor Inome Proof

Post by lailaaa3 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:24 am

hi,
if the contractor did projects in overseas countries and he needs to apply for Tier1 extension:-

1)can he still claimed points for overseas earning?
2) what other documents needed to be prove for overseas earning?
3) will i need to inform www.hmrc.gov.uk about this overseas earning so they can deduct their taxes as i will be registered with them as self emplyed?
4) is the overseas accountant be eligible to provide a letter (accountant is charted accountant)?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:57 pm

lailaaa3 wrote:hi,
if the contractor did projects in overseas countries and he needs to apply for Tier1 extension:-

1)can he still claimed points for overseas earning? Yes, but HO may need further checks for the authenticity of documents, by consulting their overseas embassy.
2) what other documents needed to be prove for overseas earning? The same documents as you need in UK.
3) will i need to inform www.hmrc.gov.uk about this overseas earning so they can deduct their taxes as i will be registered with them as self emplyed? I think normally we pay tax in the country where we earn salary, so you do not need to. Furthermore, tax matters are not related with Tier 1 extension application.
4) is the overseas accountant be eligible to provide a letter (accountant is charted accountant)? Yes, but as I said earlier, the process may be longer, as HO may need further checks for the authenticity of documents, by consulting their overseas embassy.
Hope that helps..

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 am

Thanks in advance..

Anu
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=55919