ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent of tier1 general and late pregnancy(urgent)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

dependent of tier1 general and late pregnancy(urgent)

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:29 am

Hi,

my sister and her husband are in Pakistan, my sister is dependent of her husband who has got tier1 general in January 2010. they are planing to come to UK next may, now my question is she eligible for free NHS hospital treatment? she is around 30 weeks pregnant.

a quick reply is much appreciated.
thanks is advance

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:12 am

yes she will be eligible for NHS treatment

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: dependent of tier1 general and late pregnancy(urgent)

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:24 am

tcpip_helper wrote:Hi,

my sister and her husband are in Pakistan, my sister is dependent of her husband who has got tier1 general in January 2010. they are planing to come to UK next may, now my question is she eligible for free NHS hospital treatment? she is around 30 weeks pregnant.

a quick reply is much appreciated.
thanks is advance
First and foremost thing is whether it is safe to fly while 30 weeks pregnant. Normally, airlines would not accept pregnant ladies after 34 weeks or so and would ask for a letter from the doctor that she is safe to fly after 28-30 weeks. Check with the airlines first. Different airlines have different policies.
Regarding free NHS treatment, read regulation 8 on page 23 in the below document from the department of health.
http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/gro ... 113267.pdf

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:13 pm

thanks for all replies,

gulf air line is accepting her and she has got a letter from Dr as well.

my only concern is someone told me that NHS will charge her b/z she is coming here in her late stages of pregnancy.

thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:19 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:thanks for all replies,

gulf air line is accepting her and she has got a letter from Dr as well.

my only concern is someone told me that NHS will charge her b/z she is coming here in her late stages of pregnancy.

thanks
They might charge if the tier 1 applicant or dependant does not work.

4.27 Regulation 8(a) and 8(b) - A person is exempt from charges when they are present in the UK (and other designated places specified in the Charging Regulations) for the purpose of engaging in employment with an employer who has his principle place of business in the UK or is registered in the UK as a branch of an overseas company, or for engaging in employment as a self-employed person whose principle place of business is in the UK. It is not sufficient to have the right to work here, they must be actually in work or have a firm and specific job offer if they are here shortly before commencing it. See paragraph 4.37 for spouses/civil partners/children.

4.37 The spouse/civil partner and/or dependent children of an exempt overseas visitor within regulation 8 will also be exempt provided that they are living lawfully in the UK with the overseas visitor on a permanent basis. In some circumstances, e.g. for students, it is acceptable for a spouse/civil partner/child to join the principally exempt person shortly after that person has moved to the UK, but they must demonstrate that they will then live with that person for the duration of that person’s stay, which will include being able to show that they are allowed to be in the UK for the same duration as the principally exempt person.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:08 pm

thanks for all the replies, if anyone need any futher helps please call the numbers below

NHS Help with Health Costs 0845 850 1166 OR 0191 232 5371

overseas patient assistant 020 7055 5717, overseaspatients@newhamhealth.nhs.uk