ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New born child_india

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

New born child_india

Post by katanayi » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:03 am

Dear friends,
This is query regarding new born child born in India.
My brother and sis-in law both have got ILR ( settlement visa before child birth)
My sis in law working in UK and brother was dependant from india.
She is in India from pregnancy to child birth and till now on maternity leave (please note my sis in law working in UK not my brother and he is in India)

baby is three moths now have got Indian passport, my query is , both parents would like to apply for settlement ?? visa.
1] what documents they need.
2]whether sis-in law needs show letter from job or latest payslips as she on maternity leave but no payment.
3] any maintenance funds needs to show , if yes ,how much

If anything else i am missing?! please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Re: New born child_india

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:11 am

katanayi wrote:Dear friends,
My brother and sis-in law both have got ILR ( settlement visa before child birth)

baby is three moths now have got Indian passport, my query is , both parents would like to apply for settlement ?? visa.
You say they both have ILR and asking for documents need for "settlement" visa???? or I am misreading your question!!!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:13 am

Such a shame that the baby was not born in the UK. If he/she had been born in the UK there would be British Citizenship from the moment of birth.

But born in India, there is now the need to apply for a Child Settlement visa, which because the parents have ILR, will be granted as ILE. Having got that visa the mother and child can return to the UK.

British Citizenship is due course? When the parents, or at least one of them, apply for Naturalisation as British, then an application to Register the child can be made.

All in all, the Child Settlement visa, and the Registration application, will cost nicely over £1000, expenditure that could have been totally avoided if the child had been born in the UK. Too late for your relatives, but possibly food for thought for others.
John

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:21 am

John wrote:Such a shame that the baby was not born in the UK. If he/she had been born in the UK there would be British Citizenship from the moment of birth.

But born in India, there is now the need to apply for a Child Settlement visa, which because the parents have ILR, will be granted as ILE. Having got that visa the mother and child can return to the UK.

British Citizenship is due course? When the parents, or at least one of them, apply for Naturalisation as British, then an application to Register the child can be made.

All in all, the Child Settlement visa, and the Registration application, will cost nicely over £1000, expenditure that could have been totally avoided if the child had been born in the UK. Too late for your relatives, but possibly food for thought for others.

Thanks John for reply,
I want know what are the documents need for child settlement visa applying from India?!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:31 am

Clearly the birth certificate, proving parentage, and also proof that one or both parents has ILR. And standard need to deal with the financial test and accommodation test.

The application form has now details.
John

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:44 pm

John wrote:Clearly the birth certificate, proving parentage, and also proof that one or both parents has ILR. And standard need to deal with the financial test and accommodation test.

The application form has now details.
Thanks very much john.

regarding 1] accommodation , she got house mortgage papers
2] bay birth certificate present
3]baby Indian passport present
4] Employment evidence, she is on maternity leave, before this she has taken leave for pregnancy till delivery as it was high risk pregnancy, altogether she had more than a year leave so, not getting maternity leave salary--> No salary slips. only think is that her salary resumes once she join for duty in UK . my doubt is, whether letter from employer is suffice stating current situation job ?!
and 5] how much maintenance fund is better to enough ? can she show husband account?!

Please clear doubt regarding the same and let me know any other options or advise.

Thanks in advance

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:51 pm

As regards the financial test, what about your earnings? Surely those show that the financial test will be passed?
John