ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earning (in 2 Countries) Calculation - Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

npanglia

Previous Earning (in 2 Countries) Calculation - Please help

Post by npanglia » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:35 am

I am currently in the process of applying for Tier 1 Visa. However came across a strange situation if somebody could advice.

Since I was working in UK on work Permit last year. I came back to India on 3nd May, 2009. My company paid me UK salary credited on my UK Account on pro-rata basis for 3 days say GBP 500. The salary slip doesn't mention the timelines or prorata thing details.. it says Salary for month of May.

However since i used to receive Indian salary in Indian bank account while on work permit as well. I received for the same month salary of say Rs 50,000. and the salary slip reflect salary for Month of may.

Now confusion for me is that what income (Indian or UK or Both) shall I produce in previous earning and how do i make calculations. Since I dont want to put impression of double counting to HO.

So far I have decided to mention in my cover letter that "To avoid any discrepancy and double counting I don't want to claim earning for salary I got in UK in may'09 since it was for 3 days only and consider Indian salary only for that period.

Will it be right to mention this? since they should not take this as miscalculation on my part.

Please suggest!

linkin

Re: Previous Earning (in 2 Countries) Calculation - Please h

Post by linkin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:12 am

npanglia wrote:I am currently in the process of applying for Tier 1 Visa. However came across a strange situation if somebody could advice.

Since I was working in UK on work Permit last year. I came back to India on 3nd May, 2009. My company paid me UK salary credited on my UK Account on pro-rata basis for 3 days say GBP 500. The salary slip doesn't mention the timelines or prorata thing details.. it says Salary for month of May.

However since i used to receive Indian salary in Indian bank account while on work permit as well. I received for the same month salary of say Rs 50,000. and the salary slip reflect salary for Month of may.

Now confusion for me is that what income (Indian or UK or Both) shall I produce in previous earning and how do i make calculations. Since I dont want to put impression of double counting to HO.

So far I have decided to mention in my cover letter that "To avoid any discrepancy and double counting I don't want to claim earning for salary I got in UK in may'09 since it was for 3 days only and consider Indian salary only for that period.

Will it be right to mention this? since they should not take this as miscalculation on my part.

Please suggest!
Hi There,

I don't think mentioning both the components is a problem. What is more important here is, you will apply Uplift to your Indian earnings for the month of May(because you were physically there in the period). Hence, you should get an evidence for the same.

Therefore, you will add your UK earnings (i.e. 500 GBP) to your Indian earnings in GBP (Uplift applied) to calculate the final number.

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:17 am

linkin wrote: What is more important here is, you will apply Uplift to your Indian earnings for the month of May(because you were physically there in the period). Hence, you should get an evidence for the same.
The only evidence that I have is the Immigration stamp on my work permit. I hope that is enough to provide as evidence.

Also is it safe to use uplift ratio for Indian Salary for May'09 and not claim UK Salary for May'09. By doing this I am still have enough Points.

The point here is I want to be sure that I am not doing any miscalculation before presenting it to HO and don't want to take the risk of rejection due to this trivial but complicated situation.

linkin

Post by linkin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 am

npanglia wrote:
linkin wrote: What is more important here is, you will apply Uplift to your Indian earnings for the month of May(because you were physically there in the period). Hence, you should get an evidence for the same.
The only evidence that I have is the Immigration stamp on my work permit. I hope that is enough to provide as evidence.
Yes, that should be sufficient. Wait for other to confirm.

linkin

Post by linkin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:59 am

npanglia wrote:

Also is it safe to use uplift ratio for Indian Salary for May'09 and not claim UK Salary for May'09. By doing this I am still have enough Points.

The point here is I want to be sure that I am not doing any miscalculation before presenting it to HO and don't want to take the risk of rejection due to this trivial but complicated situation.
Yes, can be done that way.

If you have sufficient earnings to claim sufficient points then yes.

Having said that I do not see any problem with claiming for both.

Devanshi
Newly Registered

Previous Earning (in 2 Countries) Calculation - Please h

Post by Devanshi » Thu May 13, 2010 12:19 pm

How can you apply uplift ratio for the entire Indian earning? your passport will show that you were in UK in that month.