ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Judicial Review

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhayat
Newly Registered

Judicial Review

Post by mhayat » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi All,

Could you please help me on this:

My application for leave to remain is rejected and I haven’t been given option of appeal or administrative review. My current leave to remain was expired in Feb-2010 while my application was with home office.

Could you please let me know can I still go for judicial review or not?
Many thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:23 pm

What does your lawyer say? Realistically, you cannot start JR proceedings without involving a lawyer.

Why do you think that the decision that has been made is dreadfully wrong? Obviously you don't like that decision, but that does not make the decision illegal or wrong.

Are you aware just how expensive JR proceedings can be?
John

mhayat
Newly Registered

Post by mhayat » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi John,

Many thanks for your help,

Yesterday i recieved a letter from home office that my visa is rejected. So i will speak to laywer monday morning.

Reason why it was rejected is a administrative mistake from my company. they have mistakenly provide wrong occupation code as on this basis my application for further leave to remain is rejected.

So first i want to know as currently i dont have visa, my leave to remain was exprire on 20th Febrary, can i still appy for judicial review. if you can help me on this that would be great.

Many thanks again

Hope1

Post by Hope1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:14 am

Hi mhayat,

You can apply for a judicial review with in 90 days of your refusal date.It does not matter that your visa is expire.

I am in the same process I mean I am also doing judicial review against home office with the help of a barrister/lawyer.

If you need any more information than you can contact me via PM.

thanks