ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit process

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

silent
Newly Registered

Work permit process

Post by silent » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:45 am

Hi All

My employer has already applied for my Work permit through a consultant. Home office is aimed to process all Work permit cases with in a week this thing is making me little confuse. Can anybody comment on that delay?

My Case Details:

- My work permit application has been lodged on 15th of May.
- The work permit is for IT (not in Skill Shortage List).
- My company has successfully processed a similar case (6 months back).
- The job advertisement was placed on a job site. They hired a local but they want me too, they used then same advertisement for my case.

Thanks in Advance

silent
Newly Registered

Post by silent » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:50 pm

Kayalami any comments from your part

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:11 pm

silent wrote:Home office is aimed to process all Work permit cases with in a week this thing is making me little confuse. Can anybody comment on that delay?

I appreciate your concern on this issue but note that Work Permits UK statistics quote resolution of 90 pc not 100pc of applications within stated time frames.
The job advertisement was placed on a job site. They hired a local but they want me too, they used then same advertisement for my case.
This is holding up your application because it clearly shows there is a supply of the relevant skill set in the resident labour market. IMHO I believe WP UK are reviewing the method and extent of advertising for the position. Sorry the news is not what you hoped to hear.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: Work permit process

Post by magsi23 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:13 am

silent wrote:Hi All

My employer has already applied for my Work permit through a consultant. Home office is aimed to process all Work permit cases with in a week this thing is making me little confuse. Can anybody comment on that delay?

My Case Details:

- My work permit application has been lodged on 15th of May.
- The work permit is for IT (not in Skill Shortage List).
- My company has successfully processed a similar case (6 months back).
- The job advertisement was placed on a job site. They hired a local but they want me too, they used then same advertisement for my case.

Thanks in Advance
Any update? did you get it?
Magsi

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Re: Work permit process

Post by Vravi2007 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:45 am

did your solicitor/company inquire with the homeoffice why it is being held up for such a long time