ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will this affect my EEA2 application???? Please help!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crapstone
Newly Registered

Will this affect my EEA2 application???? Please help!!

Post by crapstone » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi all,
Because of the wonderful advice received in this forum, I am now in the UK.. A little background- I am an EU married to a non-EU.. we recently moved from USA, my husband has an EU family permit.

Well, we managed to get an apartment, and have been looking for work since our arrival in late February 2010. Because of the current economic situation, we have still not found work, and it is almost the end of April. I have found a job, but the CRB check is taking FOREVER... so I am technically still unemployed.

I was informed that I need to register as a job seeker, so I did so in mid March. We also recently got our council tax bill, and of course because we are using our savings right now to pay for our rent and living expenses and child care costs (we have a young daughter under 1 yr), it has all gotten to be too much for us. We can afford the rent and everything else, but the council tax throws everything off for us.

So I was adviced that I may qualify for a council tax reprieve while I look for work. So I made an appointment and went into the council tax office, and sure enough, they said I qualify for a reprieve, as in I won't pay for any council tax while unemployed, because I am getting JSA, and they also threw in that they will give us a partial rent payment, until we find work.
This is all well and good, altho we were not really looking for them to pay our rent.

Now, our question is, is this going to affect my husband's EEA2 application for residency? I am waiting for the CRB check to go thro, so that we can send the application to HO once I get my offer letter. We are also concerned because we have a pretty healthy statement, to show that we can take care of ourselves, but are worried that the contradiction will come due to the fact that the council is partially paying for our rent. I did not ask for it, they literally gave it to me coz I qualify for JSA.
And my husband cannot seem to be able to find work because his family permit expires in July. So I think employers are prefering to get someone that has their paperwork sorted out.

The job I got is a two month temp position, will this matter when I make the EEA2 application?

Sorry for rambling on, but we are in a tight spot and do not know who we can ask these questions.
Thanks for reading and any insight will be highly appreciated.

crapstone
Newly Registered

Post by crapstone » Wed May 12, 2010 1:11 pm

No help on this WHATSOEVER?????????????