ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

Post by Procrastinator » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:33 am

Guys, I have a feeling that me and nowayout are going to hear from the UKBA in the coming 2 weeks.

And I really got offended after leaving my last post on this message board; somebody tried to teach me as if I know nothing... in fact me and kiwigirl are both living in this country longer than majority of you guys so we know things better in this country... I don't wanna be rude but don't try to teach us.

14 years application waiting time is 6 months... that's for sure... a person who submiited application in 2006 and got his ILR in 2009 is just exceptional case or maybe they used to deal this 14 years residence case in years.... now the current waiting time is 6 months like 10 years applicants... though it is going to be 9 months now since I lodged my application but they have completed all the necessary checks, they asked me for the evidence that I was in the UK between 2000-2003 last month which I sent my bank statement and University ID cards and letters from the Student Records Office from my University, it is nearly a month now... I'll give them 6 weeks after submitting further requested documents... 4 weeks gone so I am expecting to hear in coming 2 weeks. :P

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:06 am

Procrastinator wrote:Guys, I have a feeling that me and nowayout are going to hear from the UKBA in the coming 2 weeks.

And I really got offended after leaving my last post on this message board; somebody tried to teach me as if I know nothing... in fact me and kiwigirl are both living in this country longer than majority of you guys so we know things better in this country... I don't wanna be rude but don't try to teach us.

14 years application waiting time is 6 months... that's for sure... a person who submiited application in 2006 and got his ILR in 2009 is just exceptional case or maybe they used to deal this 14 years residence case in years.... now the current waiting time is 6 months like 10 years applicants... though it is going to be 9 months now since I lodged my application but they have completed all the necessary checks, they asked me for the evidence that I was in the UK between 2000-2003 last month which I sent my bank statement and University ID cards and letters from the Student Records Office from my University, it is nearly a month now... I'll give them 6 weeks after submitting further requested documents... 4 weeks gone so I am expecting to hear in coming 2 weeks. :P
I second this post.

The "offending" post mentioned that the majority (in bold) of 14 ILR apps have to wait 2-3 years. My first ever post here was greeted with the reply "you've got a 2-3 year wait ahead of you", nothing else. I was suicidal!! I've been in contact with a kind soul this weekend who has given me examples of 14 year applicants who, this year, have heard within an average of 3-4 months.

I don't understand why the people on this board are so down on 14 year applicants when other boards are encouraging and supportive. You will find that the vast majority of 14 year applicants were once legal (for some reason their status changed) and have fully contributed to British society and economy, longer than you guys!! Up to very recently I had a full time professional job and was paying taxes and NI. I was matriculated at a British university for 5 years and paid full unsubsidised fees. I've actively raised money for charity; even now I'm actively raising money for a cancer charity. When my last visa expired I was very scared and very young, didn't know what to do as no-one questioned me I stayed. Now I'm older (but still young :wink:) and wiser I've declared myself to UKBA and that's a huge step. I could lose my home along with the possessions I've accumulated over the past 17 years and be sent back to a country I know longer know with no money and no home to go to. Not to mention my losing friends!! But I made that decision rather than live with the guilt and will accept, begrudgingly, those consequences if they happen.

I mean no malice by this post. I've simply come to the end of my tether with all this we're legal reiterations and the majority of 14 year apps should wait for 2-3 years. I'm sick of fighting the battle. My word!! I don't understand, along with the majority of Brits, how you guys managed to be students for 10 years!! This comes from someone whose best friend is a "10 year student" simply because she wants her ILR. Sometimes I feel she's made a career of it :lol:

I wish you all the very best no matter what basis you applied on. I'm off to train for my charity marathon :wink:

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:23 am

Procrastinator and Kiwigirl. just a note. How on earth being here longer than Us [ 10 year legal stay] means you guys know better than us????. it not a question of who knows better, it [ this thread] is all about sharing the unconfirmed news, rumours, etc.

also, i just want to mention that we all [most of us] had to pay FULL tution fees during our 10 year LEGAL stay [ £10,000 per annum avg]. we could have simply made a choice NOT being legal and stayed here for 14 years and made some decent amount of money . but we . did not want to do that .

so, please think twice before you throw some words , as we ALL are in a same boat with different tickets. thats all.

* cant believe that you guys are trying to justify that being illegal is okay.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: and at the same time trying to make fun of students.....

BSc [hons] 4-5 years depending on the course
MSc 1-2 years taught or research
PhD anything up to 4 years or more.

I hope this answers kiwigirls question.......

:wink:

sa

Post by sa » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:48 am

coolboy and procastinator you both need to stop fighting and focus on the real issue which is the inefficiency of ukba.As for no way out, i think u can contact mp after the elections,but please keep pestering them.A complaint is a must now..collect the evidence now and then when the mp comes in post you can get him to process it to the parliamentary ombudsman.For heavens sake keep a positive and determined stand.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:59 am

coolboyuk wrote:Procrastinator and Kiwigirl. just a note. How on earth being here longer than Us [ 10 year legal stay] means you guys know better than us????. it not a question of who knows better, it [ this thread] is all about sharing the unconfirmed news, rumours, etc.

also, i just want to mention that we all [most of us] had to pay FULL tution fees during our 10 year LEGAL stay [ £10,000 per annum avg]. we could have simply made a choice NOT being legal and stayed here for 14 years and made some decent amount of money . but we . did not want to do that .

so, please think twice before you throw some words , as we ALL are in a same boat with different tickets. thats all.

First, I don't want to fall out over this.

Secondly, I never said that I was better or know more than anyone else here. Procrastinator, who made the point, meant that we come on here and are told "you have a 2-3 year wait", we respond "the official targets are 6 months" and then are told "NO it's 2-3 years" and this conversation cycles through until someone gives up. Then the "legal" comments start.

Thirdly, I didn't dispute that you haven't paid full tution fees because I know that overseas students have to paid full tution fees. I used it as an example in comparison that whilst you don't understand my decision/circumstance I don't understand your circumstance but I've accepted it and do not feel the need post negative comments about it each time someone questions their waiting time and the possible reasons behind this. Instead I'm nothing but supportive. Also I referred to my paying full tution fees to reiterate my point that I have fully contribute to the economy despite my illegal status. Some people are quick to jump to the conclusion that illegals rely on handouts therefore do not warrant the same level of "respect"(? - not sure if that is the word I'm looking for) as legals.

Fourthly, we are all individuals and made our own decisions. Unfortunately for us overstayers this was not a wise decision and we've broken immigrations laws. But we've made a brave decision by declaring ourselves to UKBA. We could have stay put because we've been here so long no-one dares to question our immigration status. I for one didn't wait all this time because I knew I could apply for my ILR. I didn't even know this policy existed until November 2009 and I came across it accidently.

as we ALL are in a same boat with different tickets. thats all.

How very true, but ...

so, please think twice before you throw some words

That goes the same for you legal chaps. Add some sensitivity to your replies to a 14 year applicants instead of adding bold statements about 2-3 years waits. Even when I produced a link to an official Government document dated Feb 2010 which stated that this timescale was unlawful and 6 months should be maximum, this was disputed by a 10 year applicant.

The regular posters couldn't careless about people's current status and it's these people I enjoy chatting to. It's the "irregulars" that wade in and stir up old "arguments". I'm not here to make enemies I'm here for sense of community. Then someone comes on with their bold and caps to put me and others like me in my place. Just like you did then coolboyuk. It's not very nice I know you're LEGAL and I know you paid FULL tutions fees. Don't treat me like an idiot because I made one idiot decision in my life.

Oh and since you edit your post, have I ever said being illegal was okay? You'll find the answer to that is no. You know for a fact that I am ashamed of my actions and feel nothing but guilt. I am extremely grateful that I have a way out. I feel blessed. I also didn't say that students shouldn't be granted ILRs. I simply said I didn't understand what your situation as you don't mine. I don't need to know what your qualifications are, quite frankly I don't care. I didn't make fun of students, why would I went I was one myself? I made light of my friend who has openly admitted to me that she is always enrolling on new courses so she can reach her 10 year milestone. Now, I'm not saying that anyone here has done that, I'm saying that her actions is the reason why I don't understand 10 year students. But she is my best friend and will always be. For the record she's apalled by my actions!!

sa - I'll stop fighting now.
Last edited by kiwigirl25 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cardi
Newly Registered

Post by Cardi » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi Guys,

I have applied for my ILR (10 years legal residence) on 19th April 2010. I guess there is a long wait ahead of me...hoping for positive and staying positive....

(Sorry, is this thread for 10 Year Legal ILR or is it for 14 year Illegal ILRs as well???, or is it for both? judging by the Name of the Topic, i thought itis for 10 year Legal stay ILRs...Please correct me if I am wrong..)

Thanks

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Cardi wrote:Hi Guys,

I have applied for my ILR (10 years legal residence) on 19th April 2010. I guess there is a long wait ahead of me...hoping for positive and staying positive....

(Sorry, is this thread for 10 Year Legal ILR or is it for 14 year Illegal ILRs as well???, or is it for both? judging by the Name of the Topic, i thought itis for 10 year Legal stay ILRs...Please correct me if I am wrong..)

Thanks
It's for 10 year applicants. A couple of 14 year applicants post here because this is the only place they have to go and up to now they were accepted and were getting the support they needed and giving that support back to the 10 year legal applicants. However someone stirred up an old argument and you've now added to it with your comment. Thanks for that.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Illegal or legal, we all still continue to wait. No point in fighting or arguing over irrelevant things. The waiting period comes down to the discretion of the UKBA so we can all sit here and make assumptions and still end up being wrong.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:22 pm

Beige wrote:Illegal or legal, we all still continue to wait. No point in fighting or arguing over irrelevant things. The waiting period comes down to the discretion of the UKBA so we can all sit here and make assumptions and still end up being wrong.
Yup, you're right Beige. I'm heading back to my play pen to calm down :oops:

Cardi
Newly Registered

Post by Cardi » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:37 pm

Kiwigirl, if you are really Brave enough, then why dont you open your own Thread for 14 Year Residence ILRs? where you can have productive conversation with applicants like yourself...

..otherwise coming to 10 Year residence ILR Thread and make arguements with almost everyone by argueing and thrying to say some points which relate to 14 Year ILRs is not really what we 10 year applicants want...

...So Please go and open your own Separate thread for 14 Year ILRs instead of contaminating this Thread which is dedicated for 10 Year ILRs...

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Cardi wrote:Kiwigirl, if you are really Brave enough, then why dont you open your own Thread for 14 Year Residence ILRs? where you can have productive conversation with applicants like yourself...

..otherwise coming to 10 Year residence ILR Thread and make arguements with almost everyone by argueing and thrying to say some points which relate to 14 Year ILRs is not really what we 10 year applicants want...

...So Please go and open your own Separate thread for 14 Year ILRs instead of contaminating this Thread which is dedicated for 10 Year ILRs...
I did but it was quickly "closed" down. 14 year applicants are usually too scared to post here and we usually support each other via PM. I wonder why they're scared, do you know? So I came here and politely asked if I could join, which was quite brave of me, and this was accepted by all. Today is the only day I have acted out of character and fought with another poster. Coolboyuk and I got on extremely well until today. Please read the entire thread before making comments on my character.

Now you're kicking me out of this thread on the first day you've posted because you think I don't belong. OK, so be it.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:10 pm

Cardi wrote:Kiwigirl, if you are really Brave enough, then why dont you open your own Thread for 14 Year Residence ILRs? where you can have productive conversation with applicants like yourself...

Quite frankly, I think thats a very unfair statement to make. In the time I've been here, she's been nothing but supportive, even digging out information about timelines for us 'legals'! It is very unfair to discriminate as you never know what situation you may find yourself in future.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Before I crawl back into the hole I came from I want to apologise to the regular posters as I understand my comments may have caused distress. Also to the new poster who are left thinking "what is going on here" but chose not to get involved. My purpose wasn't to upset anyone and for that reason I will not delete them.

I let my emotions get the better of me simply because I couldn't let an earlier post lie, even though I knew in my heart and mind the poster didn't mean any harm at all. I only hope that you all know that it was out of character for me to act this way. Also that I'm not one to go on about my own status and primarily post to support people through their waiting times, no matter what basis they applied on.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Beige wrote:

Quite frankly, I think thats a very unfair statement to make. In the time I've been here, she's been nothing but supportive, even digging out information about timelines for us 'legals'! It is very unfair to discriminate as you never know what situation you may find yourself in future.
Thanks for your support sweetie :) I still gonna take some time out because I'm a very emotional, easily upset, kiwigal today. Can you not tell :wink:

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:32 pm

coolboyuk:
How on earth being here longer than Us [ 10 year legal stay] means you guys know better than us????.
Agree with coolboyuk. Length of stay in a country, per se, in no guarantee that you know better than people who have stayed legally in the UK for 10 years and played by the rules throughout their stay in the UK.

Please also allow me to add 14 year ILR applicants are more than welcome to post on this thread as long as they, perhaps, desist from rather overbearing post(s) and/or continue taking subtle pot shots at people for whom this thread was initially intended for i.e. 10 year continuous legal stay ILR applicants.

Kiwigirl25:
Some people are quick to jump to the conclusion that illegals rely on handouts therefore do not warrant the same level of "respect"(? - not sure if that is the word I'm looking for) as legals.
This is, I am afraid, subtly preparing grounds for what is known as a ‘straw man’ argument.
That goes the same for you legal chaps. Add some sensitivity to your replies to a 14 year applicants instead of adding bold statements about 2-3 years waits.
This works both ways. Generally speaking, posts on the lines of ‘we know better as we have stayed in the UK longer’ do not exactly foster spirit of kinship with 10 year continuous legal stay ILR applicants on this particular thread.

There is an old saying ‘Life is a mirror, smile and it smiles back at you’.
Now you're kicking me out of this thread on the first day you've posted because you think I don't belong. OK, so be it.
This strategy may be interpreted by some as trying to put the other party on the defensive by playing the ‘martyr’ card.
I still gonna take some time out because I'm a very emotional, easily upset, kiwigal today.
Trust me, all 10 year continuous legal stay ILR applicants here are not unemotional robots either but human beings like you and who may be just as emotional and easily upset as you are….10 year continuous legal stay applicants played by the rules through out their stay in the UK and yet have to wait sometimes for months on end after their ILR applications (so also going through a very stressful and emotionally upheaving period after having applied for ILR).

My take is it is also, to a certain extent, up to the guests not to have, perhaps, an overbearing attitude if they want to continue enjoying the hospitality of their hosts. 14 year old applicants are more than welcome to also post on this thread but, I think, first making overbearing posts and then behaving as ‘injured martyrs’ may not be the ideal way of going about it. Enough said.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:02 pm

kiwigirl25
I still gonna take some time out
'Shoot and scoot' policy? :twisted:

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:06 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:
coolboyuk wrote:Procrastinator and Kiwigirl. just a note. How on earth being here longer than Us [ 10 year legal stay] means you guys know better than us????. it not a question of who knows better, it [ this thread] is all about sharing the unconfirmed news, rumours, etc.

First, I don't want to fall out over this.

Secondly, I never said that I was better or know more than anyone else here. Procrastinator, who made the point, meant that we come on here and are told "you have a 2-3 year wait", we respond "the official targets are 6 months" and then are told "NO it's 2-3 years" and this conversation cycles through until someone gives up. Then the "legal" comments start.

Thirdly, I didn't dispute that you haven't paid full tution fees because I know that overseas students have to paid full tution fees. I used it as an example in comparison that whilst you don't understand my decision/circumstance I don't understand your circumstance but I've accepted it and do not feel the need post negative comments about it each time someone questions their waiting time and the possible reasons behind this. Instead I'm nothing but supportive. Also I referred to my paying full tution fees to reiterate my point that I have fully contribute to the economy despite my illegal status. Some people are quick to jump to the conclusion that illegals rely on handouts therefore do not warrant the same level of "respect"(? - not sure if that is the word I'm looking for) as legals.

Fourthly, we are all individuals and made our own decisions. Unfortunately for us overstayers this was not a wise decision and we've broken immigrations laws. But we've made a brave decision by declaring ourselves to UKBA. We could have stay put because we've been here so long no-one dares to question our immigration status. I for one didn't wait all this time because I knew I could apply for my ILR. I didn't even know this policy existed until November 2009 and I came across it accidently.

as we ALL are in a same boat with different tickets. thats all.

How very true, but ...

so, please think twice before you throw some words

That goes the same for you legal chaps. Add some sensitivity to your replies to a 14 year applicants instead of adding bold statements about 2-3 years waits. Even when I produced a link to an official Government document dated Feb 2010 which stated that this timescale was unlawful and 6 months should be maximum, this was disputed by a 10 year applicant.

The regular posters couldn't careless about people's current status and it's these people I enjoy chatting to. It's the "irregulars" that wade in and stir up old "arguments". I'm not here to make enemies I'm here for sense of community. Then someone comes on with their bold and caps to put me and others like me in my place. Just like you did then coolboyuk. It's not very nice I know you're LEGAL and I know you paid FULL tutions fees. Don't treat me like an idiot because I made one idiot decision in my life.

Oh and since you edit your post, have I ever said being illegal was okay? You'll find the answer to that is no. You know for a fact that I am ashamed of my actions and feel nothing but guilt. I am extremely grateful that I have a way out. I feel blessed. I also didn't say that students shouldn't be granted ILRs. I simply said I didn't understand what your situation as you don't mine. I don't need to know what your qualifications are, quite frankly I don't care. I didn't make fun of students, why would I went I was one myself? I made light of my friend who has openly admitted to me that she is always enrolling on new courses so she can reach her 10 year milestone. Now, I'm not saying that anyone here has done that, I'm saying that her actions is the reason why I don't understand 10 year students. But she is my best friend and will always be. For the record she's apalled by my actions!!

sa - I'll stop fighting now.

WELL, I had to write something after reding all this arguments...
I agree with coolboy that no one is trying to offend anyone and that we are here to share info. if you are refering to "someone" who said you need to wait 2-5 years (I presume that was me) then you must finally get it in your head that I did not try to teach anyone anything - and I even provided you guys with the link for that info, I did not make it up!.

I do agree that comparing 10 year and 14 year waiting time is silly and I insist that majority of ILR 14 year cases take longer then 6 months (lets not mention here years of wait). I also aknowledge the fact that some applicants for 14years ILR hear from HO earlier then 2-5 years and good for them!

After all, I have not created this thread I am not the owner of the forum , but as I mentioned earlier this thred is called 10 YEARS ILR TIMELINE, so what is the point in discussing 14years cases here!? Please create in such case a separate thread called 14 years ILR timeline and argue there as much as you wish.

I feel very offended by the words that you know more then those who lived here legaly 10 years or that you are any better then us - It was you choice to stay here illegal, no one was holding you or forcing you, so please do not act now as if you are victims of the waiting game.

After all I wish all of us best of luck, regardless of whether we applied based on 10 or 14 years.

foxy

Post by foxy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:23 pm

Wow! I came along here looking for some good news and I find an all-out war!

Relax guys, this forum is meant for support and tempers do get frayed but let's not forget why we we're all here. It's a lot better waiting together than waiting alone.

Couple of points I wanted to make though. Firstly to the 10 year people. Irrespective of how this thread is named, it spun off a long thread regarding ILR applications in a parallel forum and was pretty much destined towards long residence applications. While I acknowledge the fact that 14 year applicants may take longer to hear back as their cases may be more complicated, I do not see why they cannot offer feedback or seek solace from this thread.

One must realise that not all 14 year applicants came here on the back of a lorry and have evaded the law since. Many are like kiwigal and just got caught up in the system. The fact that she has had to wait 14 years to apply for her ILR and on top of that would need to wait a further 5 years for citizenship (a total time of nearly twice what the 10 year crew would wait) is punishment enough.

Similarly, not all 10 year applicants are Bachelor's degree to Master's to PhD to Tier 1/Tier 2. A lot came here on false premises as students and have studied at so-called "colleges" for 10 years while they have been working (sometimes full time for cash) in the background. So in that respect, while they may have been "legal" in the eyes of the law, I certainly don't think they deserve any more esteem than the lorry clandestines. And these "students" may be certainly a lot more numerous than one would tend to believe going by the spike in applications following the introduction of Tier 4, resulting recently in suspension of visas from India etc.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is there are "bad apples" in both categories whether they're in the 10 year or the 14 year group. There is no point venting the frustration you feel towards them in here. If you must vent against principles or arguments, then by all means do so, but don't let it get personal. This board helped me a lot during my own wait which is why I still check back from time to time. I do not mean to sound patronising by the way - just felt I had to make this point.

Anyway, good luck to all those still waiting and I hope Kiwigal doesn't leave the board because of this, she has certainly been a lot of help to everyone before (me included) and it would certainly be a loss to this "community". We're all heading the same way, so let's get off the high horses a bit and try and get there in the best way we can.

Re: NoWayOut's wait, I second all those who said it is time to complain. I understand the frustration of not wanting to spend money - indeed it was an attitude I adopted myself at one point but post 6 months, I believe they *have* to give you an appropriate update when you call them. Just mention the Sheffield office complaints team when you do ring up. The robotic "your application is still pending" doesn't cut the mustard anymore. Depending on whom you speak to, you may end up getting a more precise update if they can be bothered to call the Liverpool/Sheffield office to check. Unless of course, you're perfectly happy to wait, in which case what I just wrote is redundant. Good luck anyway :-)

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:20 pm

I'm appalled that after I swallowed my pride and admitted I had been childish and apologised for such that the taunts continued. Not to say that no-one is entitled to their opinions. Where did these "we're better than you" come from?. I never said anything to that extent.

optimist_eternal - your posts are border-line trolling. You've tried to wind me up a couple of times on this board and up to now I've ignored you. Keep on going, as you can see from my earlier post it's working.

powermatic - don't take it so personally. I know you are only trying to help and we all should be grateful for that. It was simply a piece of information in your post was no longer factually correct. Easy mistake to make.

Foxy's post was very wise indeed and we should all take heed. If I hadn't been so hot headed this morning it would have the exact point I was trying to get across. If I hadn't been so hot-headed I wouldn't have made my original post.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:47 pm

foxy
Firstly to the 10 year people.
Well, I am sure you meant 10 year legal continuous legal stay applicants as later while describing 14 year ILR applicants, you have correctly described them as 'While I acknowledge the fact that 14 year applicants'.
I do not see why they cannot offer feedback or seek solace from this thread.
Not entirely factually correct (slightly misleading statement) as the main matter in issue was not that they cannot 'offer feedback or solace from this thread'….the point in contention may have been somewhat overbearing post(s) by some of them e.g. suggesting they know better etc. because they have been in the UK for a longer time....
One must realise that not all 14 year applicants came here on the back of a lorry and have evaded the law since.
But then later foxy writes:
I certainly don't think they deserve any more esteem than the ‘lorry clandestines’.

:D
And these "students" may be certainly a lot more numerous than one would tend to believe
Of course, and if my Uncle was a female, she would be my Aunty….but ‘foxy’ the point still remains, whatever your personal feelings, when these “studentsâ€

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:06 pm

kiwigirl25 returning from her rather short sabbatical wrote:
optimist_eternal - your posts are border-line trolling.
Kiwigirl25, congratulations for being appointed a Moderator on this forum....hey wait on.... you are still just an ordinary member like me on this forum....so hardly in the position to behave like a judge and jury passing judgements on, to suit your agenda, who is (and not) trolling on this forum.....It's best, I think, if we leave issue(s) like who is (and not) trolling on this thread to the Moderators of this forum?
You've tried to 'wind' me up a couple of times
So, according to you, I've tried to 'wind you up a couple of times'....hmm....so does all this 'wind' make you a bit 'gassy'? :D
Keep on going, as you can see from my earlier post it's working.
Lady, talking of 'wind', please allow me to quote a line from the rubbish 'Gone with the wind' i.e. 'Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn'....so why don't you just save your breath to cool your porridge.

Cardi
Newly Registered

Post by Cardi » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:50 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:

I did but it was quickly "closed" down. 14 year applicants are usually too scared to post here and we usually support each other via PM. I wonder why they're scared, do you know? So I came here and politely asked if I could join, which was quite brave of me, and this was accepted by all. Today is the only day I have acted out of character and fought with another poster. Coolboyuk and I got on extremely well until today. Please read the entire thread before making comments on my character.

Kiwigirl, by judging your recent comments you have made since you posted the above post, you have proved once again that you are an uneccessary distruction in this forum.

We, 10 Year Legal applicants, in this very Thread dedicated to 10 Year ILRs, do not want unneccessary distruction and contamination from 14 Year Illegal applicants like yourselv.

I am very much interested to know the experiences of 10 Year ILRs in this thread which is specifically dedicated for 10 Year ILRs.

I am of a strong opinion that 14 Year ILRs should be disccussed in other threads dedicated to 14 Year applicants...

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:55 pm

this is crazy!! are you guys all bored cause its sunday?? I came on here just to catch up on any more application news but i see a full blown battle has commenced.. really no need for it. calm down you guys.. I have nothing against 14 yr "illegal" applicants... Im sure everyone has their reasons for not being able to be legalised on time. Give kiwigirl and others a break.. as far as im concerned, we're ALL in the same boat.. just waiting for the HO to pull their fingers out! :roll: I pray we ALL get our ILR's very soon, regardless of what ever catagory we applied under.

hope you all had a good weekend.

foxy

Post by foxy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Again... wow.

Optimist_eternal, you do have all the characteristics of a troll, so I will not indulge you.

Constructive posts are now few and far between and that's a pity. The self-righteousness on display here is staggering to say the least. Anyway, most of the good people, it seems, have left this thread for pastures new and it is probably time I moved on too.

Good luck to the rest of you.

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Cardi wrote:
Kiwigirl, by judging your recent comments you have made since you posted the above post, you have proved once again that you are an uneccessary distruction in this forum.

We, 10 Year Legal applicants, in this very Thread dedicated to 10 Year ILRs, do not want unneccessary distruction and contamination from 14 Year Illegal applicants like yourselv.

I am very much interested to know the experiences of 10 Year ILRs in this thread which is specifically dedicated for 10 Year ILRs.

I am of a strong opinion that 14 Year ILRs should be disccussed in other threads dedicated to 14 Year applicants...
You're a new member and a new poster and therefore I think it's very rude for you to come into this topic when you haven't contributed anywhere near as much as Kiwigirl and try and suggest that she's not welcome here. Also furthermore she's not a disease and therefore words such as 'contamination' are hugely offensive.

Yes this thread is titled for 10 long residence set O applications...which is why the List only includes applicants who apply under this category and not other members such as Kiwigirl who are under another category. However this is a PUBLIC forum everyone has the right to read and post comments in ANY open thread in this website. Nobody is in a position to tell people that they are not welcome except a moderator.

Kiwigirl has been very supportive and helpful for several weeks and contributed so much to this thread therefore I think it's hugely disrespectful for new members who have barely made any contribution to this thread and aren't even on the list yet to suggest that she shouldn't be posting here.

If people want to argue why don't you take it to PM and not on this thread.

Kiwi girl and procrastinators comments ruffled some feathers and she has apolosiged for this. Therefore, I think it is wrong for other member to continue the argument any further in what I can only describe as bullying. At the end of the day we are ALL immigrants irrespective of our category. I think it's high time people remember that.

If anyone wants to retailate to my post and 'attack me' for my comments then do so by PM and not on this board because this thread is a place for SUPPORT....however don't expect a response, i have better things to do than argue.