ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant status?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

catchmk
Newly Registered

Dependant status?

Post by catchmk » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Planning to apply for ILR soon.

WP (3 years) + Tier1 (2 years)

My wife's with me in UK for about 15 months. So i guess she cant apply with me. Is that right :?:

What will be her status IF i get ILR? Will she still be on Tier 1 Dependant :?:

dimsav

Re: Dependant status?

Post by dimsav » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:35 pm

Generally, a dependant follows the status of a main applicant, once applied together. What is your current wife's visa?

I assume that she is a Tier 1 dependant. Then she needs to comply the 2 years requirement for the period of living together in the UK in marriage, see 319E(d). In your situation, you don't have this, I am afraid. So, you'll probably need to think of getting ILR for yourself and FLR for your wife as a spouse of a settled person. After 9 months (2 years in total) she should get ILR on her own...

You may also have a look at this thread.

catchmk
Newly Registered

Post by catchmk » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks for your reply.

Do i still need to apply for her FLR even though she still has 1+ year left on her Tier 1 Dependant visa :?:

And she will be eligible for ILR long before her Tier1 Dependant visa expires.

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:15 pm

catchmk wrote:Do i still need to apply for her FLR even though she still has 1+ year left on her Tier 1 Dependant visa :?:
Quite a tricky situation... It seems that if you get ILR first, your wife needs to change her status to the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom to be able then to apply for ILR on her own, see 287(a)(i)(d). This means FLR for her. Otherwise she wont be able to satisfy either this rule or 319(E), the latter stating a simultaneous application from you both explicitly. Perhaps, you should try to call UKBA to clarify this...