ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA for a STUDENT(NON ATTENDING UNI)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blackberry09
Newly Registered

COA for a STUDENT(NON ATTENDING UNI)

Post by blackberry09 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:49 am

I Would appreciate brutal truth than comments which can not make matters any better lol Thanks
Well here is a kenyan girl ,came to UK 2 years ago to study still got visa remaining till late next year 2011 but due to change in financial situatios cant afford to be in uni.
Been dating a British guy 2 years, and plan to get married but at same time a bit concerned and wondering what is the process to apply for COA to marry and what maybe would best approcach since am aware maybe the uni reported me after non attendance etc and maybe HO got that in their records!
Many thanks in advance :roll:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:24 am

Are you still studying at the moment? Or have you already ceased attending your college/university?

In other words, are you still abiding by the terms of your student visa? Or are you now breaching those terms?

How to apply for a CoA ..... Certificate of Approval to Marry? Fill in the form and submit it!

When do the two of you plan to get married?
John

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: COA for a STUDENT(NON ATTENDING UNI)

Post by ElenaW » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:00 pm

blackberry09 wrote:I Would appreciate brutal truth than comments which can not make matters any better lol Thanks
Well here is a kenyan girl ,came to UK 2 years ago to study still got visa remaining till late next year 2011 but due to change in financial situatios cant afford to be in uni.
Been dating a British guy 2 years, and plan to get married but at same time a bit concerned and wondering what is the process to apply for COA to marry and what maybe would best approcach since am aware maybe the uni reported me after non attendance etc and maybe HO got that in their records!
Many thanks in advance :roll:
Basically if you haven't been paying or attending then this will be reported. I think they've gotten really tough on it. My uni sent a letter to everyone stating that they report 10 days in a row of non-attendance. Not sure if that rule's enforced. You'd need to return to your native country and apply for a spousal from there. When switching from Student to flr(m) (an in-country switch) they do check up on attendance especially if you apply in person.
I tell it like it is.

blackberry09
Newly Registered

Post by blackberry09 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Thing is i havent been attending so i suspect the Uni informed them on this hence my reservations on filling in a COA to get married in a couple months and alert them to whatever they have in their records etc
ps:Thanks for both replies

leoo
Newly Registered

Post by leoo » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi there blackberry09

Any luck with COA How was ur outcome ????
blackberry09 wrote:Thing is i havent been attending so i suspect the Uni informed them on this hence my reservations on filling in a COA to get married in a couple months and alert them to whatever they have in their records etc
ps:Thanks for both replies

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Same happen with my partner.

She came on 18 months student visa but we started dating.. We also have a baby of 2 years.

She applied for COA in Nov 09 and still waiting for reply. She is no more studying due to family commitments.

Tough situation here :(
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:30 pm

hamid84 wrote:Same happen with my partner.

She came on 18 months student visa but we started dating.. We also have a baby of 2 years.

She applied for COA in Nov 09 and still waiting for reply. She is no more studying due to family commitments.

Tough situation here :(
I suggest getting married in a third country then applying for a spousal from there. How will she apply for flr(m) if she's no longer in status?
I tell it like it is.

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Third country like Ireland? How will she get there without Visa?
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:57 pm

hamid84 wrote:Third country like Ireland? How will she get there without Visa?
Oops I meant marry in a third country then apply from home.

Third country can be anywhere all you'd need in most places is a marriage license. My husband and I got married in the Caribbean (1 day after arrival)so it can be done.
I tell it like it is.