ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for Visa today at Delhi-VFS - My Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

npanglia

Applied for Visa today at Delhi-VFS - My Experience

Post by npanglia » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi
I submitted my application at Delhi VFS for me and my wife. Though of sharing my experience.

Started at 8 a.m. Thought I will reach by 9 a.m. By thanks to Delhi Trafiic (Office hours) I reached at 11.00 a.m for a distance of 30 KM.
Lesson Learnt (to share with others) - Start at 6.30 a.m to avoid traffic (I am sure you wanna be in a delightful mood while applying for Visa, than stressing yourself with horn honking cars)

Entered the VFS Office. Routine security check up at the gate and told me to go towards Payment counter to make payment and get your token (Yes, I din't get appointment from VFS that too till 30 April. Hence I decided to walk in)

My first step in the main hall and my first sight - 200 people in front of me standing at all the places. Hold my breath since already reached at 11.30 and office close down at 4 p.m

Never mind - Made my complete payment. and they gave me a token no. 676. The automated token calling machine wasn't working, so there was one lady calling out names (For people having appointment) and Token nos. (For people not having appointment - Like me). She announced 616. God - First thought - Will I be able to make it till 676. It was about to lunch break (12-1). Surprisingly these guys continued on their desk during the lunch break. Though few went for break, the service counter never stopped servicing people. Loved the spirit of people working.

From the atmosphere I figured out, since it is April end and summer vacation is approaching.. there were mainly people for Visitor Visa. I would say 90%. Couple of Business Visa guys. Few for Work permit. Tier 1 - thought I am the only one applying for that. But I am sure there must be more within the crowd

I was hearing more names being called than token no. After such a drive in traffic , another test of my patience.
Guys - Do take appointment for sure. Saves you hell lot of time.

It was a wait for almost 3.5 hours when my token no. was called at 3.30 pm and the main lady making announcement told me to go to counter no. X since that person specialize in Tier 1.

The lady at service counterasked for photo state of original document and told to come back again once done. Panic Button - the office gonna shut down in 30 minutes. My wife rushed for photostat machine where I involved the lady asking few clarification. and started providing her set of all documents, She arranged it for us. Few clarifications she asked. Overall a smooth ride and the lady was very gentle and cooperative.

She put all the documents on one big folder and provided a token for biometrics.

Went to biometric section. just a wait for 5 minutes and got my turn at 3.50 and was out of the center at 3.55 - That was close.

I was starving - Had a nice sub from subway and a Burger from Mcdonads (Yes they are opposite the VFS buidling)

Relaxed and happy - filled my application. Now will wait for results. Fingers crossed.

Thanks a lot to this forum. I think I owe a lot to this forum for my Visa.
Keep up the good work guys.

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Delhi VFS rocks !!

Post by muditmalhotra » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi
No big emotions attatched to Delhi VFs just that the ppl were nice :)
jus sharing my experience

I took appointment of 23rd march
reached there just on time, after security check and payment, it was wait of like 2 mins, as in the next name called was mine .. i went to counter, lady asked me for all documents i handed over ...
she scrutinized all documents and asked where is my bank account pass book ?? i was like OMG, i had a letter from bank but she said since it is not bearing any bank logo it will be a risk, i asked her wat to do ? she said u can come laters !! i said when can i take next appointment ,, all appointments were booked as rules were bout to change , so she said that u can go back and get ur pass book n we will entertain you without any appointment or wait, so i rushed back to my place like 40 kms :|
when i reached vfs again ,, she gave a warm smile indicating to be seated u r next ,, n yes that was it :)
i submitted my application and was approved on 20th april.

thanks to vfs guys
and
tonnes of thanks to Immigration Board
thanks guys :)