ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Rent Agreement for dependent needed?...Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Is Rent Agreement for dependent needed?...Urgent

Post by Visa_Novice » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi,

I have one query for tier-1 dependent.

My status:
I have tier-1 visa valid for next 2 years.
My wife has dependent visa.
I am currently in UK, appearing for interviews and got a job which is due to start in one months time. I am travelling back to India to resign from my current company and will be back to UK to start my this job after a month

What I want:
I have a son of 3 months age. He does not have visa. I am planning to apply for his dependent visa once I am in India.

My Query:
1. Do I need to show rent agreement of UK as one of the supporting document in the application ? Currently, I do not have any property rented in UK. If I need to show rent agreement as compulsory document then I will have to rent a property before I leave from UK. What say ?

2. If yes, what should be the size of house acceptable by UKBA ? Should it be 1 BHK or 2 BHK ? What is the requirement for me, my wife and 3 months kid. I have heard that people get visa rejected if the size of the house is not as per standards. I do not know what is the standard.

Appreciate your quick help.

Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:00 am

I think for infant you are allowed to have 1BHK but for a child over 2 years you should have 2BHK.But you should produce rental agreement to be on a safe side anyway.

Wait for other people to reply as well.

vks

Re: Is Rent Agreement for dependent needed?...Urgent

Post by vks » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 am

Visa_Novice wrote:Hi,

I have one query for tier-1 dependent.

My status:
I have tier-1 visa valid for next 2 years.
My wife has dependent visa.
I am currently in UK, appearing for interviews and got a job which is due to start in one months time. I am travelling back to India to resign from my current company and will be back to UK to start my this job after a month

What I want:
I have a son of 3 months age. He does not have visa. I am planning to apply for his dependent visa once I am in India.

My Query:
1. Do I need to show rent agreement of UK as one of the supporting document in the application ? Currently, I do not have any property rented in UK. If I need to show rent agreement as compulsory document then I will have to rent a property before I leave from UK. What say ?

2. If yes, what should be the size of house acceptable by UKBA ? Should it be 1 BHK or 2 BHK ? What is the requirement for me, my wife and 3 months kid. I have heard that people get visa rejected if the size of the house is not as per standards. I do not know what is the standard.

Appreciate your quick help.

Thanks
Maintenance and accomodation internal guidance used by HO for applicants applying outside UK
Regards,
vks