ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shameem

When to apply for ILR

Post by shameem » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:42 pm

I was looking at my husbands passport and notice the following. My husband came to the UK in August, the same month his visa was issued. His actually 2 yr visa expires in this coming November. I know you have to apply 28 days before but am confused. Does he apply before August or November?

khankhattak

Re: When to apply for ILR

Post by khankhattak » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:09 pm

shameem wrote:I was looking at my husbands passport and notice the following. My husband came to the UK in August, the same month his visa was issued. His actually 2 yr visa expires in this coming November. I know you have to apply 28 days before but am confused. Does he apply before August or November?
if his visa expires on 28 nov 2010 the best date is between 2 and 25 nov u can apply any time withinn the last 28 days before visa expiry date but cant apply a month or two months before the expiry date on what date his visa expiring
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:32 pm

There is 2 things here.

1/ Hubby needs to apply 2years after first ENTRY on this visa. He can therefore apply at least 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of his first ENTRY.

2/ He must apply before visa expires. If visa expires prior to him reaching the 2 year mark then he has to apply for an extension first. If visa expires after 2 year mark then he can go ahead and apply as soon as it is 28days before that date.

I believe your husbands '2year' visa was actually for 27months which is the normal practise now to allow for those who dont arrive in the UK within a month of the visa issue

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:16 pm

In case you're confused...f2k's post has the correct information.
Don't forget the Life in the UK test if this hasn't been passed yet.