ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Processing Time (Karachi VAC)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:54 pm

Iqraa wrote:
ifti12 wrote:
india11 wrote:Any update from any one
Hi india11,

Welcome here. Have you applied from Karachi VAC or from India and what updates are you looking for means which visa type? We all here are waiting for dependent visa results.

Cheers.
Hi Ifti,

Did u tried calling FedEx karachi anytime? I gave them a call and their reply was

"He said last verification checks and final processing isb may hoti hay. If ur application is straight n simple then isb dosent keep it. He said its internal process k isb may last verification and in some cases double processing bhee hoti hay".

Plz Ifti call Fedex and let me know..
Its useless, but I have tried and they said they don't know anything about my visa and to be honest they don't keep someone visas due to security reasons and strict orders from BHC and UKBA. The day you submit they sent it to BHC this is what you have seen on their website. Same as, as soon as they will receive passport they will call you to collect the passport. Thanks God they don't do further verifications.

I am very positive for next week. InshaAllah we all get good news in coming week.

Iqraa

Re: Tier General Depndant visa

Post by Iqraa » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:12 am

HSMPSEQUENCE wrote:Dear All,

I hope all are well and pray that Allah sab pe karam kare aur sab key Visa jaldee lag jaeen AMIN.

I have an issue: I am intending to apply for TIER1 general Migrant Dependant from Islamabad, I had a really Quick simple one day wedding (all function happened at home) and do not have a lot of photos. Also I had to come back to the UK a day after our wedding.

Could someone advise if BHC actually ask why you did not stay there after your wedding? Do they account for the in and out dates from the UK.

All the rest of the docs are ready for me, could somone advise if there is something I need to keep in mind , any tips?

Please help!

Many Thanks in advance!

Sequence

Well as a matter of fact my nikkah ceremony was v simple too. It happened on 21st of january this year. We just took some pics for evidence purpose by digital camera only and i was wearing a dress not as a bride but still a good enuf one..husband just came here for like 3 days..his entry exit stamps were just for 3 days and then he left..then i applied..n then he again came for rukhsati now in april again just for 6 days...

Now i m waiting for my visa. They say it nowhere that staying after marriage is required..Pics r important v important specially if some wid family as well i mean group photos..rest i wish u all the luck for the visa..

ifti12

Re: Tier General Depndant visa

Post by ifti12 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:30 am

I hope all are well and pray that Allah sab pe karam kare aur sab key Visa jaldee lag jaeen AMIN.

I have an issue: I am intending to apply for TIER1 general Migrant Dependant from Islamabad, I had a really Quick simple one day wedding (all function happened at home) and do not have a lot of photos. Also I had to come back to the UK a day after our wedding.

I don't think this same day should be a problem but please submit different photographs in different functions with different group of peoples with different dresses with so many different. Secondly make a small album kind of thing for BHC with photographs for functions Mehndi, Rukhsati, bla bla as a solid proof.

Could someone advise if BHC actually ask why you did not stay there after your wedding? Do they account for the in and out dates from the UK.

Never heard or read that someone is rejected due to this. I would suggest to create a new thread with for this subject so you will get the answer from senior as well.

All the rest of the docs are ready for me, could somone advise if there is something I need to keep in mind , any tips?

Please help!

Many Thanks in advance!

Sequence

Welcome,

Dear first of all two good links for document check list.

www.spammer.com/uk-discussion-f ... ndent-visa

http://www.theskillsite.com/uk-immigrat ... t-visa.htm

Everyone has submitted different list of documents according to their case but major documents are same in above links. Please consolidate them and prepare your list of documents.

Dear according to my analysis more than 90% people refusal reason is Funds maintenance. May be I am wrong but that's what I am reading for last 9 months on web. So please make sure your calculation is 100% correct and you exactly know how to maintain in 3 months and what amount you exactly require. Very good if you have more than the required amount for safe side. Read rejection reasons as much as possible on the web. Some times the amount is there but not maintained according to BHC requirements. e.g Amount is there but no transactions, Amount is there but just drop for one day less than the required etc

One tip for latest bank statement.
The day you will send or apply to BHC with your documents. Go to bank and do some ATM transaction which will effect your account immediately and after transaction get the latest bank statement with the transaction you just made before. This way you will get the latest bank statement with the latest dates before apply.

Sorry if I missed any thing. Best of luck.

addi
Newly Registered

Post by addi » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:12 pm

ifti12 wrote:
addi wrote:Hi Iqra,

We did not apply immidiately...it was refused in Nov 09 and we reapplied on 22 march 2010, because i had to maintain funds again in my account. personally i think reapplying is the best thing to do, appeal takes ages.

as u mentioned the only problem is to pay the fees again :( .

regards

Adeel

I have submitted an application for 3 person and maintained funds for 4 person including me and I have almost spent 3-6 months just for figuring out how much I need to show because everyone was suggesting me different amount. So please tell me the exact reason for refuse. Did you not submit the bank statement at all or submitted one doesn't have required amount.

How long you have been in UK? less than 12 months or more than a year? The shown amount was less than the required . Please let me know the exact reason.

Best of luck.

I have been in the UK for 6 years....the reason of of refusal was not having a required amount....actually i showed my part of funds in my account here in UK and my wifes part of funds in her account in Pakistan...but ECO considered only my bank statement...i dont know if he missed her statement or deliberetly ignored it.....because it clearly says in guidance notes and application form that dependent can show his/her account statement for maintenance funds.

so i decided not to appeal and went for a new application and showed the required amount in my bank account.

Good luck to u guys

regards

Adeel

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:24 pm

my time lines (all from khi vac)

wife applied on 30/10/09
passport collected on 17/11/09 with visa

sister applied on 29/01/10
passport collected with visa on 16/04/10

friend's wife applied on 22/11/09
passport collected with visa on 16/02/10

friend's wife applied on 16/01/10
passport collected with refusal on 02/04/10
reason: lack of maintenance funds, two bank stmt submitted, they only considered one for some stupid reasons.

Iqraa

Ifti & Hasan

Post by Iqraa » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi Ifti n Hasan,

Atlast this weekend is almsot at its end..thanks God. Lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the results this week..I am very hopeful that we will get our passports within this week. keep praying. I just cant wait for monday to come.

Best of luck both of u n all others waiting!

Regards,

Q

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:43 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:my time lines (all from khi vac)

wife applied on 30/10/09
passport collected on 17/11/09 with visa

sister applied on 29/01/10
passport collected with visa on 16/04/10

friend's wife applied on 22/11/09
passport collected with visa on 16/02/10

friend's wife applied on 16/01/10
passport collected with refusal on 02/04/10
reason: lack of maintenance funds, two bank stmt submitted, they only considered one for some stupid reasons.
Wow its good to hear this news that 3 visas recently got accepted. By the way what i notice from the above timelines is that 2-3 months is normal processing time and it means that we shouldnt be afraid of the delay..delay is not an indicator or rejection/acceptance..its just their mindsets which we cannot understand or comprehend.

HSMPSEQUENCE

Post by HSMPSEQUENCE » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:28 pm

Dear All,

Please Could you let me know please if the nikah nama needs to be attested by Foreign office or is the transaltion verified by notary public enough?

The translation of my Nikah Nama is only verified by the notary public, I looked at the Gerry's How to apply part, do we also need to have the transalators stamp, signature and name etc on the translation? or is Notary public enough?

Please advise!

Thanks,
S

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Please Could you let me know please if the nikah nama needs to be attested by Foreign office or is the transaltion verified by notary public enough?

The translation of my Nikah Nama is only verified by the notary public, I looked at the Gerry's How to apply part, do we also need to have the transalators stamp, signature and name etc on the translation? or is Notary public enough?

Please advise!

Thanks,
S
I have submitted translation which was attested by notary public with an embossed foil Notary Seal on it. The seal looks like
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notary_public

I don't think you need to attest this from foreign office.

Iqraa , Ali did you attest yours from foreign office?

Cheers

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:14 am

ifti12 wrote:

Please advise!

Thanks,
S
I have submitted translation which was attested by notary public with an embossed foil Notary Seal on it. The seal looks like

Cheers
Hi Ifti,

Mine was same as yours i.e. the notary seal. I didn't got it done from Foreign Office. My brother's wife also got dependent visa in 20 days and she also got it done from notary public only.

By the way, my application is still with Islamabad BCH.

Ifti, Ali, any updates?

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:50 am

ifti12 wrote:

Please advise!

Thanks,
S

Cheers
Hi Ifti12, Iqraa

My wife applied for dubai visa too, so we had to get it attested from the foriegn office, otherwise I think the notary public office attestation is sufficient.
Going to call the Abu Dhabi office today, online tracker still says forwarded to ISB. If all goes well, we should get it sorted this week.

All the best guys!

regards,
Ali
all is well that ends well

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:50 am

I had emailed FedEx and this is the reply i got today:

Dear Mam,

As soon as we will recieve your application our staff will conrtact you back accordingly.

You can also check the status by logging on to www.ukvacpk,com

Regards,

Karachi VAC Manager
UK Visa Application Centre
Gerry's International
Karachi

I dont know when this SOON will come!!

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Iqraa wrote:I had emailed FedEx and this is the reply i got today:

Dear Mam,

As soon as we will recieve your application our staff will conrtact you back accordingly.

Regards,

Karachi VAC Manager
Gerry's International
Karachi

Hi,

just a little update, the AbuDhabi wasnt a lot of help. All I got from them is that they have processed the application and forwarded it to ISB. Calling Gerry's is a joke where they have the same answer as tracker and "Call us next week to check on the status" quote.
Anyways, optimistic about this week that this will be sorted InshAllah.

regards,
Ali

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Its really annoying process to be honest. Atleast when you appear in the exam you know your result date but despite of having all computerized system we cann't know our results before getting the package from gerrys and opening the seal.

No update from my side, yes thanks for Abu Dhabi for sending me this.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we have processed your application in Abu Dhabi and you should hear from the VAC regarding the collection of your decision shortly.
You can monitor the progress of your application by checking the Gerry's website at: www.ukvacpk.com.

Regards
Visa Correspondence Team
British Embassy, Abu Dhabi

Secondly I really hate this site and this tracker its showing the information which is completly rubbish. :twisted: Atleast this tracker should show the location of our papers whether they are in Pakistan , Abu Dhabi or in UK but I think they don't know the meaning of tracking. Stupid static tracker.

saminkhan

Post by saminkhan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi,

My wife has just applied for her visa under Tier 1 Dependant from Mirpur. Is there any difference in processing times for applications submitted through different visa application centres.

Secondly, i heard a while ago that all non settlement applications are being dealt by Islamabad. Isnt that the case?

Samin

Applied 21/04/2010
Reference 21/04/2010
Waiting......

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:23 am

ifti12 wrote:Its really annoying process to be honest. Atleast when you appear in the exam you know your result date but despite of having all computerized system we cann't know our results before getting the package from gerrys and opening the seal.

No update from my side, yes thanks for Abu Dhabi for sending me this.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we have processed your application in Abu Dhabi and you should hear from the VAC regarding the collection of your decision shortly.
You can monitor the progress of your application by checking the Gerry's website at: www.ukvacpk.com.

Regards
Visa Correspondence Team

Secondly I really hate this site and this tracker its showing the information which is completly rubbish. :twisted: Atleast this tracker should show the location of our papers whether they are in Pakistan , Abu Dhabi or in UK but I think they don't know the meaning of tracking. Stupid static tracker.

Abu Dhabi's reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we have processed your application in Abu Dhabi and if you still did not hear from the VAC regarding the collection of your decision please do get in touch in order to collect the same.

Regards

Visa Correspondence Team

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:38 am

ali_hsn wrote:
Iqraa wrote:I had emailed FedEx and this is the reply i got today:

Dear Mam,

Regards,

Karachi VAC Manager
Gerry's International
Karachi

Hi,

just a little update, the AbuDhabi wasnt a lot of help. All I got from them is that they have processed the application and forwarded it to ISB. Calling Gerry's is a joke where they have the same answer as tracker and "Call us next week to check on the status" quote.
Anyways, optimistic about this week that this will be sorted InshAllah.

regards,
Ali
Any update?

faisalkhan001
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent visa fee (karachi)

Post by faisalkhan001 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi,

My wife is going to apply for a dependent visa next week. I am on Tier 1 General Migrant program. I got my HSMP letter on 1st Jan 2008 and then apply for Tier 1 General Migrant in Jul 2008 so I have got HSMP approval letter and Tier 1 Visa (3 years).
Now the question is, what is the fee for Tier 1 dependent from karachi.

Thanks

ifti12

Re: Tier 1 dependent visa fee (karachi)

Post by ifti12 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:46 pm

faisalkhan001 wrote:Hi,

My wife is going to apply for a dependent visa next week. I am on Tier 1 General Migrant program. I got my HSMP letter on 1st Jan 2008 and then apply for Tier 1 General Migrant in Jul 2008 so I have got HSMP approval letter and Tier 1 Visa (3 years).
Now the question is, what is the fee for Tier 1 dependent from karachi.

Thanks
Dear,

I have paid the same as your friend last month which is about 93,000.

Please have a look into following links.

Gerry's Fedex:
http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx
Tier 1 general applicant - main applicant and dependants 93150

Fee on UKvisa official site for Tier 1 General:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... safeeswork
General migrant 690 pounds

What fee will my dependants pay?
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#3909226

I think its still 93,000 means ready for 1 Lack Rs gambling.

Take care.

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:03 pm

saminkhan wrote:Hi,

My wife has just applied for her visa under Tier 1 Dependant from Mirpur. Is there any difference in processing times for applications submitted through different visa application centres.

If you go to this site.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

and open the dropdown "Select a visa application centre" you will find different locations KHI,LHR,Mirpur,ISB instead of just Pakistan,ISB its means each center's performance is different depending on number of applicants, the time also depend on individual application as well. If you see the resutls time Mirpur and ISB's times are lesser than KHI and LHR. May be I am wrong.

Secondly, i heard a while ago that all non settlement applications are being dealt by Islamabad. Isnt that the case?
Yes you are right non settlement are dealt in Islamabad. But try reading this forum and you will find more places which will be involve during your wife's visa processing.

Samin

Applied 21/04/2010
Reference 21/04/2010
Waiting......

faisalkhan001
Newly Registered

tier 1 dependent visa fee

Post by faisalkhan001 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Actually Gerry's people confused me they keep saying that the fee for dependent is 33,000 not 93000.
I have checked UK Gov site before as you mentioned in your post.

Thanks

Iqraa

Re: tier 1 dependent visa fee

Post by Iqraa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:20 pm

faisalkhan001 wrote:Actually Gerry's people confused me they keep saying that the fee for dependent is 33,000 not 93000.

Thanks
If main applicant holds a PSW visa and is applying for a dependent then the fees is 33k but if the main applicant currently holds Tier 1 then the fees for dependent is 94500

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:17 am

ifti12 wrote:
saminkhan wrote:Hi,

If you go to this site.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

and open the dropdown "Select a visa application centre" you will find different locations KHI,LHR,Mirpur,ISB instead of just Pakistan,ISB its means each center's performance is different depending on number of applicants, the time also depend on individual application as well. If you see the resutls time Mirpur and ISB's times are lesser than KHI and LHR. May be I am wrong.

Yes you are right non settlement are dealt in Islamabad. But try reading this forum and you will find more places which will be involve during your wife's visa processing.

Samin

Applied 21/04/2010
Reference 21/04/2010
Waiting......
Hi Ifti and Ali,

Any updates yet?

Regards,

Iqra

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:17 am

faisalkhan001 wrote:Actually Gerry's people confused me they keep saying that the fee for dependent is 33,000 not 93000.

Thanks
hi faisalkhan001,
Since you entered UK under HSMP scheme you come under transitional arrangement, the old rules apply to you therefore fees is 36,450. You have to provide a copy of HSMP approval letter along with your application.
My wife got asked at the counter that if she can provide the HSMP approval letter then she has to pay less fee as compared to normal dependant fee of Tier 1 Dependant.
Taken from the site:

They will pay the same fee as you. This will be either at the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme rate or Tier 1 (General) Migrant rate depending on the scheme under which you entered the United Kingdom.

I hope this clears up things for you.
Best of LUCK!!!

Coming back to the updates, no update as of yet. The VAC Help line now recognizes my wife's voice and have started to fobb her off.
Just waiting...

regards,
Ali

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:07 am

ali_hsn wrote:

Thanks
hi faisalkhan001,
Since you entered UK under HSMP scheme you come under transitional arrangement, the old rules apply to you therefore fees is 36,450. You have to provide a copy of HSMP approval letter along with your application.
My wife got asked at the counter that if she can provide the HSMP approval letter then she has to pay less fee as compared to normal dependant fee of Tier 1 Dependant.
Taken from the site:

They will pay the same fee as you. This will be either at the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme rate or Tier 1 (General) Migrant rate depending on the scheme under which you entered the United Kingdom.

I hope this clears up things for you.
Best of LUCK!!!

Coming back to the updates, no update as of yet. The VAC Help line now recognizes my wife's voice and have started to fobb her off.
Just waiting...

regards,
Ali
Very true Ali.

I am at work so all the time i keep making calls to fedex almost 5 times a day..the last call i make is at 10 at night :)

I have also sent a faxed application to Isb to see if they have any updates..no response so far..