ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK tier 1 Dependent visa form 10 and maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avkreddy1976
Newly Registered

UK tier 1 Dependent visa form 10 and maintenance funds

Post by avkreddy1976 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi Work permit team,

Thank's to the team from work permit and the forum who guide me to get my UK tier 1 visa. I got UK tier 1 visa valid until next 3 years. Based on my application approval I wanted to apply for my wife as dependent visa for tier 1 from outside UK. I have applied on 28th March, 2010 and I got the visa by 8th April, 2010.

Could you please help me in the following queries.

1) VAF-Form 10

Currently I am working in MNC as Project Lead in Germany and do not have job in UK, and from the fourm I came to know that I can leave the section 7.13, 7.14, 7.15, 7.16, 7.17, 7.18 and 7.19 with blanks and provide additional information in section 8.

Can I mention in section 8 that I am working in MNC as project lead and would accompany the main applicant as dependent spouse .

Is this information sufficient to address above section ?. If not could you please let me know what additional information I need to add where main applicant UK tier 1 visa is approved and both of us are staying in Germany. My wife is unemployed.

2) Maintenance Fund:

As per the web site given in http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/ states that "The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other Dependants".

Now the query that I have is that for maintenance fund for my application I showed the last 6 months of bank statement on letter head with stamp for 6,000 pounds in my account. For the dependent maintenance fund, I got the latest bank statement date as on 23rd April, 2010 which shows the same funds of 6,000 pounds are existing in my account from the last 6 months.

Can the same funds of the main applicant which was shown for filing for UK tier 1 visa be used as dependent maintenance fund (with the latest 6 months bank statement in my account as given above) when applying the dependent visa separately. Since the above statement from home office states that "it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application".[/b]

vks

Re: UK tier 1 Dependent visa form 10 and maintenance funds

Post by vks » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:17 am

avkreddy1976 wrote:Hi Work permit team,

Thank's to the team from work permit and the forum who guide me to get my UK tier 1 visa. I got UK tier 1 visa valid until next 3 years. Based on my application approval I wanted to apply for my wife as dependent visa for tier 1 from outside UK. I have applied on 28th March, 2010 and I got the visa by 8th April, 2010.

Could you please help me in the following queries.

1) VAF-Form 10

Currently I am working in MNC as Project Lead in Germany and do not have job in UK, and from the fourm I came to know that I can leave the section 7.13, 7.14, 7.15, 7.16, 7.17, 7.18 and 7.19 with blanks and provide additional information in section 8.

Can I mention in section 8 that I am working in MNC as project lead and would accompany the main applicant as dependent spouse .

Yes. Also mention that you have the Tier 1 granted recently and you are applying for your spouse now.

Is this information sufficient to address above section ?. If not could you please let me know what additional information I need to add where main applicant UK tier 1 visa is approved and both of us are staying in Germany. My wife is unemployed.

2) Maintenance Fund:

As per the web site given in http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/ states that "The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other Dependants".

Now the query that I have is that for maintenance fund for my application I showed the last 6 months of bank statement on letter head with stamp for 6,000 pounds in my account. For the dependent maintenance fund, I got the latest bank statement date as on 23rd April, 2010 which shows the same funds of 6,000 pounds are existing in my account from the last 6 months.

Can the same funds of the main applicant which was shown for filing for UK tier 1 visa be used as dependent maintenance fund (with the latest 6 months bank statement in my account as given above) when applying the dependent visa separately. Since the above statement from home office states that "it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application".[/b]
Yes. The amount exceeds the minimum balance required in any case. So you can use the same account for your dependant's application. Mention the same in covering letter. (a detailed description of the dependent's maintenance + your maintenance )
Regards,
vks