ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attention to senior members - Form SET (O) query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jackie123

Attention to senior members - Form SET (O) query

Post by Jackie123 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Hello All,

I have been a silent member of this forum and I must say that this forum is fantastic and thanks to all the members who have contributed to the forum.

I have now reached the state where I need to apply for ILR very soon.
I have been trying to search the forum but not able to find the exact information re to my queries. The queries are re the application form and are below -

Section 2: Details of Partner.
1) My wife was using her maiden surname until now but now she wants to use my surname going forward to avoid any issues later. However, her Indian passport still shows her maiden surname. We are planning to add an observation in her passport to reflect this but that doesn't change the name on the passport itself. Considering she would want to use my surname going forward, what should we fill as her full name in this section? Also please note that all previous visa extension applications were made using her maiden surname. Will this cause any issue or needs explanation to case worker?

Section 3: Which Category.
I entered UK as a Work Permit Holder and soon after I got a HSMP visa endorsed. After the extension, this was changed to Tier 1 general. Now I am applying for ILR based on the combination of all these 3 categories, so which checkbox should I select in this section?

Section 5: Your home and finances.
We own 2 houses in UK and both me and my wife pay for the mortgages. For question 5.2, do I need to mention both the mortgages or shall I just fill my share in the mortgage? Similarly in section 5.3, do I just fill my income or shall I put the total income of the houshold for this question?

Vinny/John/Senior members - I would really appreciate if you could help me with this. I tried my level best to search the forum but if these are answered, can you please refer me to the relevant post.

Many thanks.
Jackie.

shs213

Re: Attention to senior members - Form SET (O) query

Post by shs213 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 am

Jackie123 wrote:
Section 3: Which Category.
I entered UK as a Work Permit Holder and soon after I got a HSMP visa endorsed. After the extension, this was changed to Tier 1 general. Now I am applying for ILR based on the combination of all these 3 categories, so which checkbox should I select in this section?

Jackie.
I am in the same position as you, WP+HSMP+T1... I will tick Tier#1 as it's the visa you are currently on.

Go face to face with all documents, you will be fine... Even most of the other queries you had will be easier to explain if you go f2f...

Good luck - Keep us posted...

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:07 pm

1/ Personnaly i do not have any experience on the issue of changing names in between visa, so i hope others who have experienced this can advise. however in my opinion it may be better to do one of two things (a) apply using her maiden name or (b) apply for new passport and then apply using her married. I think there maybe issues with having visa and passport in different names. this is not just in issuing of the visas but maybe also when she wants to travel.

2/ as advised already tick the one you are currently on, or if applicable HSMP Judiciary Review

3/ Question ask about your HOME, so just mention the one house, write the full monthly mortgage payments

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:35 pm

If youre applying under HSMP JR, tick that and not Tier 1.

Changing surname now, will be source of problems. Suggest use the current name to avoid such issues later esp while traveling as f2k has noted.

Best regards

Jackie123

Post by Jackie123 » Sat May 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Many thanks for the replies.

Best regards