ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just booked online appointment for Croydon for 2nd June

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prem_uk
Newly Registered

Just booked online appointment for Croydon for 2nd June

Post by prem_uk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:10 am

I am a work permit holder who first entered UK in March 2004. I am to apply for ILR now as there was a break of 5 months in 2005 and my clock was reset when I reentered on 12 Jun 2005.

I was looking through online appointments for quite long and was lucky at 10:55 AM on 28th April. Got appointments for 2nd June 2010, for my wife and me. When I searched by including my wife in my application, I couldnt get any appointments. So, I had to seperately book for both me and my wife. I got it at 9:30 AM on 2nd June and my wife got it for 10:30 AM, same day.

Can I still include her as my dependent in the same application and go for premium booking or do we have to cancel these and book family appointment only? I am a bit confused.

Also the ones who are looking for online appointments, try your luck

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:39 am

Call and book the appointment as a family slot if online does not show any family slot.

If you book 2 separate slots, then you may end up paying more. ( I am sure U will pay more)

prem_uk
Newly Registered

Post by prem_uk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:56 am

BeHonest wrote:Call and book the appointment as a family slot if online does not show any family slot.

If you book 2 separate slots, then you may end up paying more. ( I am sure U will pay more)
Thanks for the info.

I booked a family online appointment, including my dependant, for 8th June. Had to register again to get one.

I will be calling home office to cancel my previous bookings now.

It was long wait for to complete 5 years and I am hesitant to wait another 20 days while I qualify for ILR only by 17th May. Thinking of going through Solicitor.

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:04 pm

prem_uk wrote:
It was long wait for to complete 5 years and I am hesitant to wait another 20 days while I qualify for ILR only by 17th May. Thinking of going through Solicitor.
Not a bad idea. I would do the same in this situation. Every single day counts.

prem_uk
Newly Registered

Post by prem_uk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:09 pm

BeHonest wrote:
Not a bad idea. I would do the same in this situation. Every single day counts.

Was looking for someone who can motivate me to go for it. Thanks.

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:10 pm

Good Luck!