ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

signatures on flr/ilr forms

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MWill

signatures on flr/ilr forms

Post by MWill » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:59 am

Just wondering something - I came across a post by someone who said their partner's FLR(M) or ILR application wasn't accepted because their signature had changed over the years, so the one in the application form didn't match their passport.

Is this common? I noticed that my signature looks a little different now as well - I signed the passport when I was 16, and that was nearly 9 years ago, so of course it will have changed a bit in that time! Part of it is just more squiggly and formless and lazy than it was then - the format of it is pretty much the same. When the time comes for my fiancee's FLR(M), could this cause a problem? We're hoping to go to a PEO, so I'll be on hand to answer any questions.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:53 pm

MWill, honestly, I think you're making much ado about nothing!
I can't speak for the person whose application was refused because of the signature, but I must say it is as rare as a hen's teeth!
Besides, you're going to the PEO, so you can give the same explanation you've given here, if the need arises (which I doubt!)
All the best! :)

MWill

Post by MWill » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Ha! Thanks - I hope so. I don't think the application was refused, they just didn't let them submit it at the PEO as it was invalid or something. But yeah, I guess that's rare.