ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 am

I am using me passport this weekend...in Europe.

No more visa crap...what a relief.

Nana (The girl to bitch)

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:22 pm

Bayern Munchen wrote:
mad wrote:[

O' Bayern. Heartiest congratulations. We got approval the same day but I took my oath on the 15th and documents sent the same day. It's amazing you got approval in 19 days. Hopefully, I'll get mine next week. Good luck with the passport mate. Do let us know when you get it.

Cheers.
Thanks pal.Lady in post office(I used passport express) sad to expect passport in about 15 -20 working days( 10 working days in application form),obviously cause there is still a backlog after famous strike actions.Let U know as soon as I receive it.All the best.
I sent in my application,passport express aswell, 31st March to them,it was registered the 5th April and 18 days later it is still only registered...no progress!

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Heinrich wrote:
Bayern Munchen wrote:

O' Bayern. Heartiest congratulations. We got approval the same day but I took my oath on the 15th and documents sent the same day. It's amazing you got approval in 19 days. Hopefully, I'll get mine next week. Good luck with the passport mate. Do let us know when you get it.

Cheers.
Thanks pal.Lady in post office(I used passport express) sad to expect passport in about 15 -20 working days( 10 working days in application form),obviously cause there is still a backlog after famous strike actions.Let U know as soon as I receive it.All the best.
I sent in my application,passport express aswell, 31st March to them,it was registered the 5th April and 18 days later it is still only registered...no progress!
Also sent mine via passport express. It was registered on the passport office tracking system on 9th April. Only this morning, the status of my application changed to "application is now being checked". Whatever that means :roll: They are now declining to put a guarantee on turn around time for passport applications even those made by passport express.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:03 pm

I know the feeling 9jeirean....You just want to schedule that holiday...ahahahahahahaha.

I hope they send your passport in 2 years time....ahahahahah, just kidding.

Nana

9jeirean wrote:
Heinrich wrote:
Bayern Munchen wrote:

Cheers.
Also sent mine via passport express. It was registered on the passport office tracking system on 9th April. Only this morning, the status of my application changed to "application is now being checked". Whatever that means :roll: They are now declining to put a guarantee on turn around time for passport applications even those made by passport express.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:51 pm

@ Nana: lol. I know right. If only there was no recession. I would had a grand tour. I just want to put a closure to this whole carry on. The incompetence of the system is becoming too annoying.

nanette wrote:I know the feeling 9jeirean....You just want to schedule that holiday...ahahahahahahaha.

I hope they send your passport in 2 years time....ahahahahah, just kidding.

Nana

9jeirean wrote:
Heinrich wrote:
Bayern Munchen wrote: Thanks pal.Lady in post office(I used passport express) sad to expect passport in about 15 -20 working days( 10 working days in application form),obviously cause there is still a backlog after famous strike actions.Let U know as soon as I receive it.All the best.
:lol: :lol:
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

mad

Post by mad » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:24 pm

SapMan wrote:
Bayern Munchen wrote:Just an update:Applied november 2006
Approval 23/03/2010
Declaration 7/04/2010
Paperwork sent 7/042010
Certificate 26/04/2010
Waiting for passport.
Best of luck to everyone.
Congratulations!!
Your certificate, came rather faster than usual.
I sent my declaration in on the 18th March, and I'm yet to receive the certificate..though I did wrote to them 2weeks later, to change my correspondence address to my Dublin office. May be it was already sent then .

Sapman. It's taking unusually long for you. I wonder if your address has changed? I think it's no harm if you drop them a line.
My permanent house address, is 3hrs away from Dublin, and I'm only at that house, 1 weekend a month..

crown

Post by crown » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:56 pm

9jeirean wrote:Congrats to you and your wife Crown. Hope you get there soon yourself. :wink:
Thanks Smalltime and 9jeirean
Regards
Crown

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:02 am

My solicitor got my naturalisation certificate today. I am due to receive it in due course. I just wanted to know what things would I require to get a passport? Can you guys who have done it before me explain the process to me stepwise kindly?

Kind regards and good luck to ye all.

SapMan
Newly Registered

Post by SapMan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:04 am

mad wrote:
SapMan wrote:
Approval 23/03/2010
Declaration 7/04/2010
Paperwork sent 7/042010
Certificate 26/04/2010
Waiting for passport.
Congratulations!!
I sent my declaration in on the 18th March, and I'm yet to receive the certificate..though I did wrote to them 2weeks later, to change my correspondence address to my Dublin office. May be it was already sent then .

Sapman. It's taking unusually long for you. I wonder if your address has changed? I think it's no harm if you drop them a line.
My permanent house address, is 3hrs away from Dublin, and I'm only at that house, 1 weekend a month..
Hi Mad,
I agree, I would be at my house in the North, this bank holiday weekend.
There is most likely a PostOffice slip waiting for me, I would see, what I can sort out from there. The house is empty, so there won't be anyone to sign for it, that's why I ask for it, to be send to my place of work in Citywest

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:17 am

mad wrote:My solicitor got my naturalisation certificate today. I am due to receive it in due course. I just wanted to know what things would I require to get a passport? Can you guys who have done it before me explain the process to me stepwise kindly?

Congratulations again Mad :)

Although I haven't applied for passport, here's the link that might help:

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=254
What documents should be enclosed

* Complete all sections of the application form correctly and legibly. Don’t forget to enter your signature in the signaturebox on the left hand side of this section.
* Enclose two recently taken passport photographs .
* Have the witness section of the application form and one photograph signed by a Garda Síochána, for applications made in Ireland, or by a member of one of the categories listed on the form for applications made abroad.
* Enclose Proof of Citizenship, if this is your first passport application, or your most recently issued passport in the case of renewal applications. Photocopies are not acceptable.
* Enclose the appropriate fee.
Proof of Citizenship If a naturalised Irish Citizen:
the citizenship certificate issued by the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform and your long form birth certificate.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:26 am

SapMan wrote:
mad wrote:
SapMan wrote:
Approval 23/03/2010
Declaration 7/04/2010
Paperwork sent 7/042010
Certificate 26/04/2010
Waiting for passport.
Congratulations!!

Hi Mad,
I agree, I would be at my house in the North, this bank holiday weekend.
There is most likely a PostOffice slip waiting for me, I would see, what I can sort out from there. The house is empty, so there won't be anyone to sign for it, that's why I ask for it, to be send to my place of work in Citywest
Hi!

I suggest you do so pronto because the post office only waits for 10 days and then sends it back to the sender.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:28 am

asrpb wrote:
mad wrote:My solicitor got my naturalisation certificate today. I am due to receive it in due course. I just wanted to know what things would I require to get a passport? Can you guys who have done it before me explain the process to me stepwise kindly?

Congratulations again Mad :)

Thank you so much asprb. I appreciate it. Cheers.

* Complete all sections of the application form correctly and legibly. Don’t forget to enter your signature in the signaturebox on the left hand side of this section.
* Have the witness section of the application form and one photograph signed by a Garda Síochána, for applications made in Ireland, or by a member of one of the categories listed on the form for applications made abroad.
* Enclose Proof of Citizenship, if this is your first passport application, or your most recently issued passport in the case of renewal applications. Photocopies are not acceptable.
the citizenship certificate issued by the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform and your long form birth certificate.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 am

My next question is that I urgently need to have my qualifications recognised by a regulatory body in The UK. They would only grant me registration if my qualifications are Irish and I am an Irish citizen. Therefore there is great urgency for me to get a passport. How can I get a passport the quickest?

Can I go to the passport office with an airline ticket and get it sorted quicker? Is there any other way?

Thanks.

SapMan
Newly Registered

Post by SapMan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:41 am

mad wrote:My next question is that I urgently need to have my qualifications recognised by a regulatory body in The UK. They would only grant me registration if my qualifications are Irish and I am an Irish citizen. Therefore there is great urgency for me to get a passport. How can I get a passport the quickest?

Can I go to the passport office with an airline ticket and get it sorted quicker? Is there any other way?

Thanks.

Mad, so how long did it take, for your naturalisation cert. to arrive ?

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:03 pm

asrpb Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:17 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mad wrote:
My solicitor got my naturalisation certificate today. I am due to receive it in due course. I just wanted to know what things would I require to get a passport? Can you guys who have done it before me explain the process to me stepwise kindly?

Congratulations again Mad

Quote:

Quote:

can a birth affidavitt be submitted instead of the long form birth certificate or what else are the options if once doesnt have a birth certificate

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi All

Just a quick update.

Today I received a letter from DoJ saying
We are waiting for documentation form an outside agency in order to finalise the processing of your application.
Applications are opened in chronological order but the processing time is dependent on receipt of documentation form outside agencies.
From my understanding they must be waiting on Garda report as I did send my SW report last month when they requested for additional documents.

Would be grateful if someone can share their experience when they received, same sort of reply from DoJ.

Wonder how long would it take for outside agencies (Garda) to come back with results to DoJ especially when you never broke any law :?:

SapMan
Newly Registered

Post by SapMan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:37 pm

How long, did it take to arrive ?

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:57 pm

asrpb wrote:Hi All

Just a quick update.

We are waiting for documentation form an outside agency in order to finalise the processing of your application.
Applications are opened in chronological order but the processing time is dependent on receipt of documentation form outside agencies.
From my understanding they must be waiting on Garda report as I did send my SW report last month when they requested for additional documents.

Would be grateful if someone can share their experience when they received, same sort of reply from DoJ.

Wonder how long would it take for outside agencies (Garda) to come back with results to DoJ especially when you never broke any law :?:
It might take up to 2-6 months for Garda report mine took 6 months for both but I forwarded the SW report.

Just be careful no drink driving, update car insurance,tax,nct if driving. basically keep away from trouble as they will be grounds for refusal. no SW as well.

I suggest you ring them or write them after 2 months if no news from them.

you probably will get it this year though because we are only 2 months apart from application.

good luck
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:20 pm

smalltime wrote:
asrpb wrote:Hi All

Just a quick update.

It might take up to 2-6 months for Garda report mine took 6 months for both but I forwarded the SW report.

Just be careful no drink driving, update car insurance,tax,nct if driving. basically keep away from trouble as they will be grounds for refusal. no SW as well.

I suggest you ring them or write them after 2 months if no news from them.

you probably will get it this year though because we are only 2 months apart from application.

good luck
Thanks smalltime. I'll be just happy if I don't have to wait till 2011 :)

Bayern Munchen
Newly Registered

Post by Bayern Munchen » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:56 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Wonder how long would it take for outside agencies (Garda) to come back with results to DoJ especially when you never broke any law

Hi there!For me personally it took nearly 15 months(but have to say,I was amongst the "luckiest" group of 2006 applicants),but don't think its going to take too long in your case.In average ,should be no more than 8months.But again,who knows for sure.Best of luck to U.

Bayern Munchen
Newly Registered

Post by Bayern Munchen » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi to everyone! Just very small thing forgot to tell.For all those,who are worried about penalty points:When I applied,I had 4,then during 3,5 years period I got another 4(so,8 in total,all for speeding,never anything serious,all fines paid,no hassle).Then 6 were cleared over 3 years,so I want to think/sure,that its all about not to go to court,or really serious stuff,which could affect the decision.Well,I think we all know by know.I hope my experience could help to reduce stress.Cheers.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:33 pm

Guys it took two weeks to arrive exactly. Can someone tell me if I need the original long form birth cert? Or a copy would do? What sort of information to they need on that?

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:16 pm

mad wrote:Guys it took two weeks to arrive exactly. Can someone tell me if I need the original long form birth cert? Or a copy would do? What sort of information to they need on that?
congratulations, MAD,
Did they send you back yours original GNIB card.?I have not received MINE.Please let me know.
regards

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:24 pm

Bayern Munchen wrote:Hi to everyone! Just very small thing forgot to tell.For all those,who are worried about penalty points:When I applied,I had 4,then during 3,5 years period I got another 4(so,8 in total,all for speeding,never anything serious,all fines paid,no hassle).Then 6 were cleared over 3 years,so I want to think/sure,that its all about not to go to court,or really serious stuff,which could affect the decision.Well,I think we all know by know.I hope my experience could help to reduce stress.Cheers.
are you a F1 driver hahaha :lol:

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:30 pm

mad wrote:My next question is that I urgently need to have my qualifications recognised by a regulatory body in The UK. They would only grant me registration if my qualifications are Irish and I am an Irish citizen. Therefore there is great urgency for me to get a passport. How can I get a passport the quickest?

Thanks.
MAD if you are going to UK and you are already have your Nat Cert I think you are ok just to show that to immigration because of Ireland Uk agreement.

just show a drivers license is enough but bring your Nat cert with you as well.