ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement in French?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanji
Newly Registered

Bank Statement in French?

Post by nanji » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:16 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for the HSMP in two weeks time. I am a Pakistani citizen studying in France for my MS for the past one year. To show to HSMP that I can support myself for the first few months till I find the job, I am sending my bank statment of my French bank account here. The problem is that the bank statments here are in french. Will I need to get them translated in English as well?

Also I read on this forum someone had written that around 1500 to 2000 pounds would be enough for living in london for 3 to 4 months. Do I need to justify this through some calculation or references? Also if I have some relative in london which would solve my living problem and thus reduce my expenses, is it worth mentioning in the covering letter? Kindly can anyone clarify or help me in how to prepare such a justification? web-sites, links docs etc. would be most welcome.

Regards,
Nanji

duende
Newly Registered

Post by duende » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:37 am

Hi :)

1 500 - 2000 GBP will be enough for you for the first 2-3 months but if you have any friend or relatives in UK, don't forget to mention it in the Covering Letter- it is important. You could also write the details - name and contacts of your friends there. If you have talked with a rent agency, you could give a letter from them with the promice of them to help you in looking for the appropriate accomodation for you.

Your bank statement should be translated in English.

I have also a question. I read in the forum that there is a possibility to apply online - it is cheaper and easier. Do you know something about that?

nanji
Newly Registered

Translation of Bank Statement?

Post by nanji » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:35 pm

Dear All,

I live in Paris and have my bank account in a french bank. They are refusing to issue any bank statement in English. Can anyone give me any links or advice on how to get it translated in english? Who is considered as an official translator? FYI I am from Pakistan, do I need to send it to Pakistan to get it translated from Alliance Francaise etc.?

Can I myself attach a signed letter with the statement specifying the amount and a little bit of description. Will it work?

Adnan

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:48 pm

nanji wrote:Can I myself attach a signed letter with the statement specifying the amount and a little bit of description. Will it work?
Non cest pas possible. Get the statement certified/ notarised by someone authorised to do such by the French government - check minitel aka yellow pages. I don't believe this will be a major issue though as the primary component of statements are the numbers - the HSMP Team will need to understand the various codes i.e. Credit, Debit, Balance etc.

nanji
Newly Registered

Post by nanji » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:55 pm

Kayalami,
Kayalami wrote:
nanji wrote:Can I myself attach a signed letter with the statement specifying the amount and a little bit of description. Will it work?
Non cest pas possible. Get the statement certified/ notarised by someone authorised to do such by the French government - check minitel aka yellow pages. I don't believe this will be a major issue though as the primary component of statements are the numbers - the HSMP Team will need to understand the various codes i.e. Credit, Debit, Balance etc.
When you say "certified / notarized", does it apply to translated statement or you are talking about the original bank statment in french. Also since you said it is not a major issue, so can I send my original Bank Statement in French which I receive every month from my bank as it is without any fear?

Also since you are saying that "the HSMP Team will need to understand the various codes i.e. Credit, Debit, Balance etc.", how will they understand if I send it in french?

Besides, kindly if you can tell me what is the significance of showing 1500 to 2000 GBP now, as I am assuming that its requirement for EC, right? Since the statement is in Euros do I have to send the conversion rates attached to it. Will a printout from the net and a reference to the exchange website would suffice?

Sorry for being a bit critical, but answers are very important to me.

Cheers,
nanji

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:24 pm

I don't really see where the confusion is:

1. Get your original bank statements translated - this takes care of the language aspect.

2. Get the translations certified/notarised as a true reflection of the originals.

3. Send both the originals and the certified/ notarised translations to the HSMP Team.

4. The bank statements are more relevant in entry clearance application but you still need to show the HSMP Team you will be able to support yourself so send them in as well. All statements sent in must have an accompanying GBP rate - go to a relevant website such as the European Central Bank and get the average monthly conversion rate of Euro to GBP and include it as a reference/print out with our application.