ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr over 18 dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hippo
Newly Registered

ilr over 18 dependent

Post by hippo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:06 pm

hi!!
I entered uk when i was 15 as a minor dependent. My dad will be eligible, for ILR in may and i will be applying with him, on a seperate SET O form as his dependent, since i am over 18 now.
I am not really sure, what evidence i need to show to the immigration officers.
Thank you :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:13 pm

Firstly a question to you. Have you passed the Life in the UK Citizenship test?
John

hippo
Newly Registered

Post by hippo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:28 pm

John wrote:Firstly a question to you. Have you passed the Life in the UK Citizenship test?
I dont need to, as i am the dependent of HSMP visa holder according to hsmp review (HSMP visas before 7 nov 2006)..thats what the UKBA phone advisor said.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:40 pm

1.Yes, you dont need LIUK test but suggest carry a copy of the HSMP JR document as this is not known by all case workers.
2.You need to show your 3 months bank statements , evidence of what you do and where you live; your father needs to write a support letter as well. Carry your birth certificate as well.
Best Regards

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:58 am

John wrote:Firstly a question to you. Have you passed the Life in the UK?
As a side remark, a WP or HSMP (non-JR) dependant child over 18 is also exempt from KOL test, once being given the stay in the UK before 18. (No questions with HSMP JR, of course).

hippo
Newly Registered

Post by hippo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:13 pm

gidoc wrote:1.Yes, you dont need LIUK test but suggest carry a copy of the HSMP JR document as this is not known by all case workers.
2.You need to show your 3 months bank statements , evidence of what you do and where you live; your father needs to write a support letter as well. Carry your birth certificate as well.
Best Regards
thanks! I will be carrying my passport, which will have the entry clearance and the residence permit visa on it. I will have the HSMP document and the birth certificate like you said.
I dont have a bank account as i have never worked before, so i obvs can't show that.
As for where i live, i am assuming things like my NHS card, my NI number letter would suffice?
My dad will be going with me, so he can show all the documents and everything, does he still need to write a support letter?

I am slightly stuck on how i would prove, that i am a FT student as i am currently on a gap year. I could take make A level certificates and uni offer letters, a copy of my ucas application wherein i have written that i am on a gap year...will these be enough?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:45 pm

My dad will be going with me, so he can show all the documents and everything
Please confirm that your Dad is mainly there to make his own ILR application. That is, you are making your application at the same time as he and the rest of the family?

That being the case, Dad will hand over all the applications together, and all the supporting evidence together.

As regards your gap year, I am not sure that matters at all. The main point is that you are still dependant on your parents.
John

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:00 am

John, I agree with what you say but my son was asked for both
1.proof of what he is doing
2.bank statements
Fortunately I could get his statements from a nearby HSBC or we would have not been dealt with that day.
They want proof if over 18 can sustain themselves as after ILR they will be under no restrictions but it will depend on the case worker as well.

hippo, If you have a NI card carry that.Carry your gap year docs as well.

Best Regards

hippo
Newly Registered

Post by hippo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

John wrote:
My dad will be going with me, so he can show all the documents and everything
Please confirm that your Dad is mainly there to make his own ILR application. That is, you are making your application at the same time as he and the rest of the family?

That being the case, Dad will hand over all the applications together, and all the supporting evidence together.

As regards your gap year, I am not sure that matters at all. The main point is that you are still dependant on your parents.
yes, he is making his ILR on the same day. Hopefully it will be ok then.

hippo
Newly Registered

Post by hippo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:12 pm

gidoc wrote:John, I agree with what you say but my son was asked for both
1.proof of what he is doing
2.bank statements
Fortunately I could get his statements from a nearby HSBC or we would have not been dealt with that day.
They want proof if over 18 can sustain themselves as after ILR they will be under no restrictions but it will depend on the case worker as well.

hippo, If you have a NI card carry that.Carry your gap year docs as well.

Best Regards
Thanks:) I do have my NI card, so i will deffo carry that.

rahulsharma
Newly Registered

ILR OVER 18

Post by rahulsharma » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:10 am

HI HIPPO
Try to carry these documents in support of cohabitant
-NHS letter ( which you already have )
-you can take an evidence form your college which course were you enrolled in and what was your address during which year .
- You can call the council and ask them to send a poll card which you must be having now
- you can give a witness statement like

I,.......... do hereby state the following :
1. I am in the UK and currently have limited leave to remain under Tier 1 (Dependant ) category which is valid until .....
3. My NI number is ...... and I have never worked while in United Kingdom. I confirm that I am not leading an independent life and am fully dependant on my parents.
4. I confirm that both my parents are present and settled in the United Kingdom.
5. I confirm that I am unmarried, not a civil partner and have not formed an independent family unit.
6. I confirm that I am having complete financial and emotional dependence upon my parents.
7. I confirm that I can, and will, be accommodated adequately by my parents, without recourse to public funds.
8. I confirm that I do not have any unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

I confirm that the information contained in this witness statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.

Signature of Witness

Place : Dated :
- Your father can also call the local council to do a property inspection where you live right now and you should attach that property inspection report alongwith Land registry documents ( in case your father owns the property ) or a Tenancy agreement.
- try to carry as many letter or evidence you have living at the same property
Further i dont think so you are required to have a bank account in your name .
I have recently applied and granted ILR alongwith my over 18 son so any question is welcome.
Good Luck

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:57 am

I think you missed noting that the last post in the topic is 2 years old.

Useful information nevertheless, so will help anyone in similar circumstances.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!