ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non compliance of Article 3 of Directive for Family Members

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:47 pm

And who said love and faith couldn't move mountains??? Well done you!

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:59 pm

You finally made it ! Thats a brilliant news ! Congratulations and all the best !
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

kadsac

Post by kadsac » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Great stuff. really happy for you. x

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:17 am

A bitter sweet moment for me.
Disappointment that such a great story had come to an end.
It was the first post I looked at every day because you had such faith and perseverance and that your trials and tribulations gave many people hope to overcome obstacles.You knew you were right and stuck to your guns

Finally it was great to hear that you were successful, and I hope you and Rashid have a great life together

TracyCK

Post by TracyCK » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:23 am

Thank you everyone for all the supportive comments. :lol:

I can hardly believe that I am now planning to collect Rachid from the airport in 12 hours time! I have just spoken to him and he has his passport with EEA Permit endorsed and is on his way to catch his flight. (Ok, I told him he needed to be there about 2 hours earlier than he really does because I just don't want anything more to go wrong! lol)

I will post when he is here with us tomorrow. :shock:
Husband issued with an EEA FP via Surinder Singh and various complications :)
Original thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=45808
Second thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=309363

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:09 am

Congratulations.......I know the feeling...so happy for you

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:53 am

Many congratulations to you and Rachid, Tracy. Alhamdulillah.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 pm

TracyCK,

Hope everything went smoothly at the airport and you are all enjoying a quiet happy arrival!

And a acknowledgments to your husband too. It takes a lot to be patient as your spouse is fighting through this stuff.

A couple of thoughts:

(1) If you are both staying in the Uk for a while, your husband should apply for a Residence Card. Once you send off for it, you can immediately request back your passports while the application continues to be processed. Processing often takes 6 months.

(2) With an EEA family permit, your husband can work and open a bank account immediately, if so desired.

(3) I am not sure what it actual means, but it may be worth "depositing" your marriage certificate with the GRO. See Registering an overseas marriage or civil partnership I suspect it is easier dealing with the Spanish if this is done.

(3) Be warned that the Spanish embassy visa section in London can be very full of themselves. You may or may not have to deal with them. Suggesting you will get Solvit involved should help.

TracyCK

Post by TracyCK » Fri May 07, 2010 10:20 am

Sorry for the delay in posting! We have been really busy getting things settled and sorted and were without internet for a few days.

Rachid arrived at Gatwick and managed to find his way to the Immigration desk. They managed to figure out that he spoke spanish and found an officer to speak with him and also had the note that I had written with my mobile number. I was called and questioned about our relationship etc and Rachid was sent through relatively quickly.

Once we have a few things sorted out here, we will apply for his residency but will definitely ask for passports back right away as we will be probably want to travel to Spain in the couple of months and maybe even France also since we are close by for day trips.

All in all, we are very happy. Rachid has some adjusting to do - he is finding England very cold and is still in shock that he is even here with us, but he is very motivated to learn the language, find work and has had a nice welcome from my friends and family that have so far met him. It is so good to just be together and know that at least that part of the battle is finally done!
Husband issued with an EEA FP via Surinder Singh and various complications :)
Original thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=45808
Second thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=309363

freshprince

Post by freshprince » Mon May 10, 2010 10:51 am

Very compelling saga that made the likes of me pop in now and again to kep abreast with the situation.Your fighting spirit is awesome and you thoroughly deserve your success.Good luck to you and yours!