ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exnteding marriage visa advice needed please??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amr-zoka
Newly Registered

Exnteding marriage visa advice needed please??

Post by amr-zoka » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has been in simular situation as me and my husband and could offer some advice?....well here goes......

My husband is egyptian he was granted a visa to come here and marry me in uk, i think in egypt its called a marriage visa but fiance visa here, it was a 6 month visa and we needed to show at the end of it we were married and he could apply for " FLRM" visa to extend his stay here for 2 years, we sent all the paperwork off and everything needed to apply for his next visa and they received it all by 26/1/10 his visa was due to run out 27/1/10. We received a letter 28/1/10 saying that it had ben passed to caseworkers and will be dealt with but not heard anything since, its just really annoying coz we didnt realise it was going to take 14 weeks, i know that there is they guideines say 4-14 weeks but i have tried calling them and they just say we need to wait for a letter to have his biometrics done then it will take a further 1 week to make a decision, to me it just seems so annoying as my husband cant work at the moment so only myself is bringing in money to our home and all he wants to do is provide for me like any normal man would do. He is worried it will be rejected coz its taken this long and im trying to reassure him it will be fine but its scary coz the visa is a big part of our future together. He is 23 and im 25 and have only just been married 5 months. Has anyone had this sort of thing happen, i just dont know who to ask for advice ive never had to deal with visas before sorry of this message is really long and i seem to be moaning i just dont know what i need to do. The 14 weeks is finished on monday surely i can really moan at them for it taking long cant i???

I would really apreciate any advice or suggestions on what i can do to try and get things sorted out.

Thanks alot take care
Claire

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 pm

Call up UKBA and demand to know the application status and reason(s) for delay, now that the 14 weeks (service standard) timeline is coming to an end.

regards

amr-zoka
Newly Registered

Post by amr-zoka » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:54 pm

thanks for that i will do