ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online/telephone Appointment Booking - ILR Premium

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BeHonest

Online/telephone Appointment Booking - ILR Premium

Post by BeHonest » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:19 pm

I could not find any thread which provide collective information.
Mod/Admin - Please remove it if we have one already.

If not discussed,is it possible to make it as sticky? ...so that we all can benefit from the details.

Type : SET(O) Excluding Long residency - Family group
Online status : Week 21-June-2010 is shown. But no appointments available in any PEO.
Date & Time of successful appointment made: update later if I succeed.
PEO : update later if I succeed.
Immigration Enquiry Bureau call centre / Online : Later

Others who had succeeded already/waiting to book an appointment please share your details.
Last edited by BeHonest on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:18 am

When you say Family appointment, What do you mean by it?
Is it that you want your family to go with you to the office to get the visa?
If you book an online appointment with just your name shown, Can't you take your dependant documents/passports with you to apply to their ILR aswell even if they dont come along with you?

shs213

Post by shs213 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:20 am

hsmp_victory wrote:
If you book an online appointment with just your name shown, Can't you take your dependant documents/passports with you to apply to their ILR aswell even if they dont come along with you?
if you book with only your name that's a sole application. A family application is where you have dependants on your visas. You need to book a family appointment if you have dependants regardless of wthr you want to take your family or not.

To answer the original question, I should be booking an appointment. going by the past experience of the people online doenst work unless you try at 5.30 or something. they seem to release appoinments at a certaintime of the day...

the effective option is to call at 8.59, be on hold till 9am then book over the phone...

vks

Re: Online/telephone Appointment Booking - ILR Premium

Post by vks » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:28 am

BeHonest wrote:I searched this topic and could not find any thread which provide collective information.

If not discussed,is it possible to make it sticky? ...so that we all can benefit from the details.

Type : SET(O) - Family
Online status : Week 21-June-2010 is shown. But no appointments available in any PEO.

Others who had succeeded already/waiting to book an appointment please share your details.
Booking an appointment online is one of the toughest part, as per my experience. I started looking for them a month before and gave up, before choosing to post. In my case, it is trivial, as that was my extension application. But I know the pain.

So my suggestion would be to have plan B in place.
Regards,
vks

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:11 am

shs213 wrote:
hsmp_victory wrote:
if you book with only your name that's a sole application. A family application is where you have dependants on your visas. You need to book a family appointment if you have dependants regardless of wthr you want to take your family or not.
WHS
shs213 wrote: To answer the original question, I should be booking an appointment. going by the past experience of the people online doenst work unless you try at 5.30 or something. they seem to release appoinments at a certaintime of the day...

the effective option is to call at 8.59, be on hold till 9am then book over the phone...
Phone booking - Plan B.
Solicitor -Plan C.
Postal Plan D.

I am trying to find out from successful/Lucky ones, the date/time of their booking.

I googled but could not find out anywhere AFAIK the RECORDed details of lucky ones.
Last edited by BeHonest on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeHonest

Re: Online/telephone Appointment Booking - ILR Premium

Post by BeHonest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:26 am

vks wrote:
BeHonest wrote:I searched this topic and could not find any thread which provide collective information.

If not discussed,is it possible to make it sticky? ...so that we all can benefit from the details.

Type : SET(O) - Family

Booking an appointment online is one of the toughest part, as per my experience. I started looking for them a month before and gave up, before choosing to post. In my case, it is trivial, as that was my extension application. But I know the pain.

So my suggestion would be to have plan B in place.
Even though the week commencing is shown in the the dropdown list, I suspect if we need it by Friday, it won't be released on Monday.(I am not talking about near future date...the one that was shown at the last)

When the HO is not ready to state the details(When - How many weeks in advance and exact time of release) on the website,
If we get atleast 15 to 20 (greedy or optimist?) lucky one' success stories
esp SET(O) - Family group, it will help every one. - Even SET(O) Single is comparatively easier to book it seems.

IEB says "we have no idea of Online booking slots release date and time. 6 weeks in advance
by phonebooking. Online will be earlier than that"

EARLIER is NOT the reply I want from HO. I want WHEN.. But what to do....

Frustrating.
Last edited by BeHonest on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

nellis83
Newly Registered

Post by nellis83 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:35 am

BeHonest wrote: Phone booking - Plan B.
Solicitor -Plan C.
Postal Plan D.
Submitting a postal isn't the end of the world....surely you'd rather do that than pay yet more money to get a solicitor? Wish more people would do this rather than encourage the practice of solicitors block booking appointments with the Premium Service.

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am

nellis83 wrote:
Solicitor -Plan C.
Postal Plan D.
Submitting a postal isn't the end of the world....surely you'd rather do that than pay yet more money to get a solicitor? Wish more people would do this rather than encourage the practice of solicitors block booking appointments with the Premium Service.
Given the uncertainty around us, it is better to spend some money.

Block booking by Solicitors(Representatives) is a different route. Nothing to do with phone and online booking by us. They have a different quota for every category.

nellis83
Newly Registered

Post by nellis83 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 am

BeHonest wrote:
nellis83 wrote:
Solicitor -Plan C.
Postal Plan D.

Block booking by Solicitors(Representatives) is a different route. Nothing to do with phone and online booking by us. They have a different quota for every category.
Oh really? Never knew that...assumed they poached all our appointments!

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:10 am

nellis83 wrote:
BeHonest wrote:
nellis83 wrote:
Solicitor -Plan C.
Postal Plan D.

Oh really? Never knew that...assumed they poached all our appointments!
That's why they could get an appointment even the week before the due date, when we struggle to get one 6 weeks before. :(
Their qualification get them the slots at zero cost and sell at a higher rate.
:-)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... n/sameday/
Last edited by BeHonest on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:53 pm

I think if u look for appointment for bigger center like croydon you have a better chance. When I booked for mine only croydon was available smaller center like cardiff you have to be very luck to get hold off.

Anyways I was able to book appointment at crydon two time. I had to cancel first one and rebook it. I think i looked at appointments during day time

anyways good luck.

derekldn
Newly Registered

Post by derekldn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:07 pm

My recent experience is that although you can see appointment days two months ahead, they only release slots within about 6 weeks time. In my case, I wanted to book an appointment for 28th May. I checked the website quite frequently in April, and slots finally became available in the afternoon 19 April. This is my observation anyway.

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Thank you for all the valuable inputs.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 pm

My experience over several months is that online appointment are easy when you know how and when they appear, it was the easiest part of my getting ILR. On phone it is more difficult and there is endless waiting before you get connected to a person.
There is a method in how they appear, I have posted this several times here. Please search.
best regards

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks for the reply. Looking at all your posts now.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:27 am

Hi, just an info...

I called HO now to book an appointment for week commencing 21 June, they only had appointments for the week commen 9th June over the phone...

However online you can book for w/c 21/06 but the system says no appointments available...

I called at 9.10 - was on hold for 5 mins listening to recordings and eventually got through. She asked me when i complete my 5 years and she calculated the qualifying date.

Thought this would be helpful for someone...

the number to call, 0870 606 7766

Good Luck!!

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:46 am

I am sorry I forgot to mention that earlier.

As soon as I saw 21 June week on the internet and no appointments available response, I called IES on Monday.Same with me. Spent few minutes to listen to all the recorded messages then spoke to a gentleman who said that the appointments were available until 7th June( 26th April status) So it should be 9th June today.

Wish you Good Luck Shs213!

pubmania
Newly Registered

Post by pubmania » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:03 pm

I have been checking for booking an Online apmt.
I have seen two slots available for 08-06-2010, at Liverpool and Glasgow.
Birmingham's been booked just 30 mins back.
Thought of sharing this info,if in case someone wants 8th June for ILR(Set O) excluding long residency Family Group.

Regards,
Sam