ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 dependant..joint account..fixed deposit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jasb1327
BANNED

tier 1 dependant..joint account..fixed deposit

Post by jasb1327 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi every1 !!
dependant visa maintenance query
Just wanted to know if thers any1 whos got the dependant visa by showing either
1. Joint account with their mum/dad but not wid their spouse
2. Fixed deposit account
Also I am Renting a house but not thru agency..its thru landlord directly..I have got Council Tax and utility bills on my name..do i need a letter from landlord??
:?:
thanx

dima
Member of Standing

Re: tier 1 dependant..joint account..fixed deposit

Post by dima » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:29 pm

jasb1327 wrote:Hi every1 !!
2. Fixed deposit account
Also I am Renting a house but not thru agency..its thru landlord directly..I have got Council Tax and utility bills on my name..do i need a letter from landlord??
thanx
1. IMO, its not accepted..I suggest you to see few of the threads started by others to follow the same. :idea:
2.FDs should be OK , as long as you get a letter from the bank saying that the cash can be withdrwan from the FD at any point of time.
3. I suggest, to be on the safer side , take a letter from the Landlord OR the Tenency agreement.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:45 pm

2. Fixed deposit account
thanx
Hi ,

" Your joint account must be with your spouse " ... this is the best i have searched and asked so many people and clearly shows your name .. dont take risk and open a fresh account in your dependent name ...

2. Fixed deposit account

You have to arrange following papers from the bank as they are really ....hard in this matter

a) FD is in the form that you can " take out money all the time " .. it's important

b) Bank statement for FD and it will really nice if you can go and take out some money from it .. with this transaction , EC officer will be relaxed that you have FD from which you can get money out 24/7

c) Your balance for 3 months

You need a proof of residence and land lord is ..well! good source :)

Thanks
ALI

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:00 pm

dima wrote:
2. Fixed deposit account
thanx
1. IMO, its not accepted..I suggest you to see few of the threads started by others to follow the same. :idea:
2.FDs should be OK , as long as you get a letter from the bank saying that the cash can be withdrwan from the FD at any point of time.
3. I suggest, to be on the safer side , take a letter from the Landlord OR the Tenency agreement.
:?: :?: :?:
funny thing..I emailed UKBA at their public enqiry office in UK
This is wat i wrote
Dear Sir/Madam
I am here in UK under tier 1 general migrant scheme. My wife who is in India wants to apply for visa as my dependant.
For her maintenance funds requirements we wish to show joint accounts but the accounts we have are on
1. My (main applicant) name and my mothers name
2. Her (family member) name and her mothers name.
I request you to please clarify if these account will be accepted for her visa purposes or not?

yours thankfully
Jaswinder.

and here is the reply

Dear Jaswinder,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

Please note as per the guidelines of UKBA website, if you wish to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, you must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual. In addition to that a written consent from the joint a/c holder is also required.

Warm Regards

UK Helpdesk

Helpline no – 080-40084008
Now were do we stand?? lol