ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

js03022006
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa

Post by js03022006 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi,

I have few queries mentioned below, please could you respond.

1. My (Main applicant) passport will get expired on 5th December 2010 and I am planning to apply dependent visa for my wife. Will it be an issue in processing the dependent visa as I have only 7 months validity (while applying the visa) in my passport?

2. If I renew my passport, whether visa stamping has to be done even in the new passport or is it ok to have only in the old passport for travelling to UK?

Thanks in adv

js

ali_hsn

Re: Dependent Visa

Post by ali_hsn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:41 pm

js03022006 wrote:Hi,

I have few queries mentioned below, please could you respond.

1. My (Main applicant) passport will get expired on 5th December 2010 and I am planning to apply dependent visa for my wife. Will it be an issue in processing the dependent visa as I have only 7 months validity (while applying the visa) in my passport?
As far as I can tell there should be no issues.

2. If I renew my passport, whether visa stamping has to be done even in the new passport or is it ok to have only in the old passport for travelling to UK?
No visa transfer to new passport. Your old passport is attached to the new one, with new one bearing a stamp that the previous passport has your residency permit on it.

Thanks in adv

js
I hope this answers your questions

regards,
all is well that ends well

js03022006
Newly Registered

Post by js03022006 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:52 pm

Thanks for your response.

No visa transfer to new passport. Your old passport is attached to the new one, with new one bearing a stamp that the previous passport has your residency permit on it.

--- To get the stamping in the new passport what should be done from my side and how many days will it take?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:52 pm

js03022006 wrote:Thanks for your response.

--- To get the stamping in the new passport what should be done from my side and how many days will it take?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while ... -passport/

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:14 pm

js03022006 wrote:Thanks for your response.

Nothing! It is done by your embassy where you apply for the new passport. Once you get it they will attach with your old one.
all is well that ends well