ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Slip OR Salary Certificate/Letter From Employer ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mzeeshan

Salary Slip OR Salary Certificate/Letter From Employer ?

Post by mzeeshan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi, Gurus

I wana thank you all to help the newbies like me and many others on this great forum.

I am planning to apply on 30-April-2010... but I have a small question which is ..

I dont have salary slips and my employer is unable to provide me the salary slips due to some issues with the third party auditors.. :( But i can arrange the salary certificate/letter from my employer stating my Net/Gross and date of transfer for claimed 12 months. Would that be enough or Salary slips are compulsary ?

Senior member/gurus... plz help any links or references would be of great help..
Regards
M.Z

Applied = 14-May-2010 at 9:45 AM
Location = British Embassy Copenhagen Denmark.
Got Tier 1 G on 01-June-2010.
Validity June-2010 - June-2012

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Salary Slip OR Salary Certificate/Letter From Employer ?

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:54 pm

mzeeshan wrote:Hi, Gurus

I wana thank you all to help the newbies like me and many others on this great forum.

I am planning to apply on 30-April-2010... but I have a small question which is ..

I dont have salary slips and my employer is unable to provide me the salary slips due to some issues with the third party auditors.. :( But i can arrange the salary certificate/letter from my employer stating my Net/Gross and date of transfer for claimed 12 months. Would that be enough or Salary slips are compulsary ?

Senior member/gurus... plz help any links or references would be of great help..
Letter is fine when you dont have the payslips.

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi Aruni,

Thanks alot for such a quick response... I just wana confirm somethng that

I am applying for the first time and outside UK. Being an outsider do i need salary slips or Salary certificate/letter from employer is fine in this case as well. ?

Plz comment....

Thanks again..
Regards
M.Z

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:59 pm

mzeeshan wrote:Hi Aruni,

Thanks alot for such a quick response... I just wana confirm somethng that

I am applying for the first time and outside UK. Being an outsider do i need salary slips or Salary certificate/letter from employer is fine in this case as well. ?

Plz comment....

Thanks again..
If you dont have payslips then a letter from your employer detailing your gross and net salary is fine even when applying from out of the UK.

Check for templates here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:13 am

agree with Aruni. Payslips and Employer letter are considered from the same source. any one of them is fine. Make sure net amount in the letter corroborates with net amount in the bank statement.

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks everyone...

I asked my employer to write that letter for me but he asked me back that... in which currency he should mention my Net and Gross amount? Actually i am on work permit and working here in copenhagen denmark. So the currency here is Danish Krona. So i was also wondering that what should be currency of the Net and Gross amount in the letter Pounds or Krona ?

Thanks..
Regards
M.Z

demur123

Re: Salary Slip OR Salary Certificate/Letter From Employer ?

Post by demur123 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Ask your employer to mention each month salary for e.g May 2000$ .. etc and with that you can show your bank statement as proof. remember the amount in that letter should reflect with your bank statement. Secondly the letter should be on the letterhead of ur company with signature and signed. cheers

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:11 pm

If you receive salary in Krone you write Krone and if you get it in Pounds then write pound. Danish Krone is not a problem, you will submit exchange rates with pound sterling from oanda website, at the time of your application.

mzeeshan wrote:Thanks everyone...

I asked my employer to write that letter for me but he asked me back that... in which currency he should mention my Net and Gross amount? Actually i am on work permit and working here in copenhagen denmark. So the currency here is Danish Krona. So i was also wondering that what should be currency of the Net and Gross amount in the letter Pounds or Krona ?

Thanks..

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks alot fellowz...

I have some more points to clear out...

1. I am claiming 12 months i.e April 2009 to March 2010. There are alot of variations in my NET salary amount due to my salary raise, and due to some changes in tax rules, unpaid holidays and also 2 salaries in 1 month i.e i got salary for Dec-2009 in Jan-2010 along with Jan-2010 salary combined. That was done to get the benefit of new tax rules here in Denmark for year 2010.

So do i need my employer to mention the reasons for all these variations or simply some wording with the table showing NET/Gross and transfer date would be fine ?

Plz shed some light on this point as well..

Thanks again for your help...
Regards
M.Z

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 am

mzeeshan wrote:Thanks alot fellowz...

1. I am claiming 12 months i.e April 2009 to March 2010. There are alot of variations in my NET salary amount due to my salary raise, and due to some changes in tax rules, unpaid holidays and also 2 salaries in 1 month i.e i got salary for Dec-2009 in Jan-2010 along with Jan-2010 salary combined. That was done to get the benefit of new tax rules here in Denmark for year 2010.

So do i need my employer to mention the reasons for all these variations or simply some wording with the table showing NET/Gross and transfer date would be fine ?

That would be absolutely fine as long as the two sources (letter from your employer and your bank statements) completely corroborate each other. If they DO NOT, then you MUST ask your employer to mention the reason for this mismatch. Otherwise keep it simple. Hope that helps.

drdheer
United Kingdom

Post by drdheer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:20 am

mvent00 wrote:

That would be absolutely fine as long as the two sources (letter from your employer and your bank statements) completely corroborate each other. If they DO NOT, then you MUST ask your employer to mention the reason for this mismatch. Otherwise keep it simple. Hope that helps.

Donts worry about mismatch. My friend had all 12 months different net salaries and he got it. But it should correspond with bank statements. You may explain in cover letter but he did not write anything. It may put doubt on Case worker. Its upto you.Put Danish krone currency only as it shows into your bank statement. Then convert it as advised in previous posts.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:44 am

Variations in the payslips are absolutely fine as rightly suggested by other members.