ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Order of documents for settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

allovera
Newly Registered

Order of documents for settlement visa

Post by allovera » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:52 am

Hi,

I'm British and my husband is South Korean and we will soon be applying for his settlement visa.

According to the UK Border agency here in Korea, we have to submit our documents with their table of contents which can be downloaded off their site.

This is the order:
Application form
Visa fee
Photograph
Current passport and previous passports of applicant
Marriage certificate
Full copy of sponsor's passport
Evidence of employment for sponsor in UK
Certificate of income for sponsor in UK
Bank details for last 6 months of sponsor in UK
Evidence of relationship
Evidence of accommodation in the UK
Household register (Korean gov. document)
Family registration certificate (Korean gov. document)

This is stated at the end of the table of contents:
"The applicant has confirmed that s/he has no other documents to submit and wishes to go ahead with the application."

Now, our main asset as a couple is our house in Korea which is in my husband's name. It is fully paid for and will add a huge amount of money for our application.
My problem is that as far as we can see, there is no section that I can put the house deeds into, but if they aren't included we look much poorer than we actually are.

How can I add any other documents, like the house deeds, my birth certificate etc., that we want to submit? Should we put them at the end and cross our fingers that they won't cause a problem? Should we submit another folder and give an index for supplementary documents?

Also, does anyone know if the ECO's in South Korea accept documents that are in plastic folders, or with staples?

I would appreciate any help, I'm a bit confused with all of this!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:24 am

Why do you want to send a copy of your husband property details in South Korea with his application. Its unlikely to make any difference to his application.

His property in his own country does not benefit his application to join you in UK unless he sells it and bring that money over to the UK with him to live on.

The ECO is more interested in how YOU are going to support , maintain and accommodate him on his arrival to the UK without recourse to public funds.

There is no requirment to send your birth certificate at all.

allovera
Newly Registered

Post by allovera » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:29 am

We have lived together in Korea for two years now (been together for 8years in total), that house is our first marital house, it's just in my husband's name. We will be selling the house if and when our application is successful.
The cost of housing is always skyrocketing in Korea, especially Seoul, that we don't want to run the risk of not having any house. Plus, I am going to Britain first to get a job and rent a house in the UK, my husband needs to live in our home until we get the visa.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:43 am

Ok then, make this clear in your sponsorship letter and declaration

You can attach copies of title deeds with application by just adding it at the bottom of the contents list.

I still strongly advise that you lay more emphasis on the documents that you as the sponsor are going to provide. These will decide whether your husband visa is granted or not.
:wink:

allovera
Newly Registered

Post by allovera » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 am

Ofcourse, the state of things in the UK, my job, house, finances are more important I understand that but it is a huge chunk of our finances as a couple.

The document provided by the Korean visa agency is an Adobe read only file, so I can't ammend it and add it on to the end of the list. Also, there is no 'place' in the list of contents for me to file my sponsor's letter in. I was thinking about putting that in the Evidence of relationship section, does that sound right to you?

Thanks for helping me by the way.. I need all the help I can get!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 pm

You are going to have to print that form off anyway to sign it and hand it as part of your application. Just add this bit on the bottom of it by handwritting it in.

In the application form where it states do you wish add or say anything further, write in their that you will be using the money from the sale of the property in Korea to help out with fiannaces in teh Uk once your husband has been granted the visa.

That way they are aware of it.

allovera
Newly Registered

Post by allovera » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks Batleykhan :) You've been a great help!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:19 pm

allovera wrote:Thanks Batleykhan :) You've been a great help!
You are welcome. That is why we are here.We try and do our best to help out as much as we can.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :D