ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Canceling An Appointment Count Against You?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

natalious13
Newly Registered

Does Canceling An Appointment Count Against You?

Post by natalious13 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

Hi,
I had an appointment for ILR on April 28 but had to cancel it due to medical emergency 2 days before the appointment. I made a new appointment for May 28 and was told not to cancel again as this would count against my application and that "all phone calls are recorded". Now the thing is I have all my paperwork and would like to get it sorted asap. Is it worth checking to see if they have any last-minute openings or will this really count against me??
Thank you.

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:51 am

NO I did cancel mine and then rebooked. I had appointment on 17 apr cancelled it and took another at 24th apr. I got my ILR on same day. But make sure you cancel your first one as There is someone on this board who did not cancel and he got in troubles ..... They said their is another live application hence they have to do more checks or something...

Hope this helps.

raja_no_1

Post by raja_no_1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:31 pm

I did not bother cancelling as I had 2 appointments in 2 different places..still got my ILR.

ILR2101
Newly Registered

How did you cancel you appointment

Post by ILR2101 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Dear Friend,

Please let me know how did you cancel your appointment? I have an appointment on 7th July which I want to defer. I called Home Office, but even after 30-40 mins, couldn't get to talk to anyone.
Also, I couldn't find anything on their online system to cancel the appointment.

Please help!