ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Accounts

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mahdi

Joint Accounts

Post by mahdi » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I have got a Joint account with my mum Can I use it for my Tier 1 application? I have read in the forum that you can only have a Joint account only with the dependent?

is that right ?

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: Joint Accounts

Post by pkumar » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Yes.
I know one person who got rejected since other applicant was not his wife/dependent.
Again, wait for senior member's for input as well.

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi, did u apply with this joint account ??? what was the decision ?

I am in a similar situation!

please help .

mahdi wrote:Hi Guys,

I have got a Joint account with my mum Can I use it for my Tier 1 application? I have read in the forum that you can only have a Joint account only with the dependent?

is that right ?

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:37 pm

Please read this point 85 from "Points Based System (Dependant) - Policy Guidance"-

85. If the applicant wishes to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, he/she, the main applicant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is legally present in the United Kingdom, must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual(s).

Hence I believe that only dependant children can have there parents as a joint account holder, not the main applicant.

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:18 pm

That can be agreed upon ... but the policy guidance does not state that the joint account should be with your partner. The link that you have referred is for a dependent applicant and I am the applying for tier 1 (General)

I think I should take a chance as it will need 3 more months to apply to get the funds in my personal account. & I think the rules will change again and the Bachelors Degree holders again will not be eligible. Also the Salary multipliers are going to change and then I wont be eligible. No idea about when its gonna happen ... So I think I am gonna take a chance ..

Any views ?

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:51 pm

s4salil wrote:Hi, did u apply with this joint account ??? what was the decision ?

please help .

is that right ?

any progress/News on this matter........joint accounts with ur mum/dad for dependant visa are they acceptable?

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:55 am

jasb1327 wrote:
s4salil wrote:Hi, did u apply with this joint account ??? what was the decision ?

please help .

is that right ?

any progress/News on this matter........joint accounts with ur mum/dad for dependant visa are they acceptable?

Hi,

The rule says , if joint account is presented as a proof , it must clearly carry your name but as you known there are some tricky things .. my friend gets rejected because he submitted photos for marriage alone ??? it should be in a group ( correct ) ... so my advice will be don't go for it .... take out the money and open a fresh account and than apply .. yes! time is running and rules will be changed again after " GENERAL ELECTION "

Thanks

sivaprasad_ece

Post by sivaprasad_ece » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi

I have applied for Tier1 Dependant visa for my Wife.
and i have shown maintanence funds in a Joint account with me and my Father.I have also given an NOC letter from my Father.

VFS People accepted it . I am not sure if its okey.

Hoping for the best .

Regards,
Siva

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:18 am

Please let me know when you get a decision.

BTW, I am not applyng for a dependant visa but I am the main applicant!

I am going to apply with the joint account.
I have mentioned in the cover letter the point 211 of the policy guidance that clearly specifies, if joint account is used, I should be named along with the other individual!
sivaprasad_ece wrote:Hi

I have applied for Tier1 Dependant visa for my Wife.
and i have shown maintanence funds in a Joint account with me and my Father.I have also given an NOC letter from my Father.

VFS People accepted it . I am not sure if its okey.

Hoping for the best .

Regards,
Siva

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:26 am

I didnt really get what you are trying to say!

I am applying as a main applicant and its stated in the policy guidance that a joint account is valid.
aliq09 wrote:
Hi,

The rule says , if joint account is presented as a proof , it must clearly carry your name but as you known there are some tricky things .. my friend gets rejected because he submitted photos for marriage alone ??? it should be in a group ( correct ) ... so my advice will be don't go for it .... take out the money and open a fresh account and than apply .. yes! time is running and rules will be changed again after " GENERAL ELECTION "

Thanks

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Sat May 01, 2010 3:30 pm

is that right ?
You cant have your account with your mum ... only with your spouse
Thanks

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Wed May 05, 2010 7:17 am

aliq09 wrote:

is that right ?
Thanks
Plz dnt give wrong info unless ur 100%sure about it...now firstly I got my tier-1 last yr in june n i showed my savings account with my grandmother (her name was 1st in the passbook) without any NOC and got my tier-1 visa...secondly jst recently I emailed UKBA/VFS in north india asking if joint accs with mum/dad n not with spouse for dependant visas wer acceptable and they said yes they are acceptable but we have to provide a consent letter from other holder saying applicant can use the monies in account or simply they can use the account.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Wed May 05, 2010 7:59 am

jasb1327 wrote:
aliq09 wrote:

is that right ?
Thanks
Plz dnt give wrong info unless ur 100%sure about it...now firstly I got my tier-1 last yr in june n i showed my savings account with my grandmother (her name was 1st in the passbook) without any NOC and got my tier-1 visa...secondly jst recently I emailed UKBA/VFS in north india asking if joint accs with mum/dad n not with spouse for dependant visas wer acceptable and they said yes they are acceptable but we have to provide a consent letter from other holder saying applicant can use the monies in account or simply they can use the account.

Hi ,

Kindly send all of us the copy of the letter you receive from UKBA person narrating exactly that joint account with Mom and dad has no problem .. you can also search the board and see the similar post and it's clearly written it's not acceptable .. It will be good guide for us .. and do not say like this you are wrong .. we are here to help each other if you have proof ( email) send to all of us ... Thanks
Thanks

Ali

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Tue May 18, 2010 9:52 am

guys ... got the visa ... there is no problem with the joint account with dad hurrayyyyyyyy

cheers
s4salil wrote:I didnt really get what you are trying to say!

I am applying as a main applicant and its stated in the policy guidance that a joint account is valid.
aliq09 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:52 pm

aliq09 wrote:
jasb1327 wrote:
aliq09 wrote:

is that right ?
Thanks

Hi ,

Kindly send all of us the copy of the letter you receive from UKBA person narrating exactly that joint account with Mom and dad has no problem .. you can also search the board and see the similar post and it's clearly written it's not acceptable .. It will be good guide for us .. and do not say like this you are wrong .. we are here to help each other if you have proof ( email) send to all of us ... Thanks

i have pasted my email from UKBA/VFS north india helpline in my other post...u can search it as tier 1 'dependant joint account'