ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

University Fees for holders of a Stamp 4EUFam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kabuki
United States of America

University Fees for holders of a Stamp 4EUFam

Post by kabuki » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:41 am

HI! I was wondering if anyone knows anything about university fees for those in Ireland on a stamp 4EUFam. I know in NL if you reside there as the partner of a Dutch citizen or an EU citzen and are on a partner visa through Dutch or EU law that you pay home fees. Is this the same in Ireland. I've been applying to various programs and am currently awaiting the decision of my EU1 application. If it's approved, will I be charged home fees? My partner has been in Ireland for over 12 years. I have lived here for 2 year, but 1.5 year of it was on a stamp 1a, which they consider a student.

If I qualify for home fees based on the EU1, will I need that before I apply or before I start the course. My current stamp 4 runs out at the beginning of Aug, so I should hopefully know the outcome by the end of July.

Cheers.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:06 pm

The fees you pay must be equal to those paid by an Irish citizen, in accordance with Article 24 of Directive 2004/38/EC.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Ben wrote:The fees you pay must be equal to those paid by an Irish citizen, in accordance with Article 24 of Directive 2004/38/EC.
Cheers. I appreciate it. I was thinking that was the case, but I wasn't sure.

Will I have to have the stamp approved prior to applying to prior to enrollments? Does anyone know this?

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:42 pm

As a spouse of an EU national, you and your partner are entitled to the same tax breaks as an Irish citizen. Dont forget to apply for them.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:44 pm

kabuki wrote:Will I have to have the stamp approved prior to applying to prior to enrollments? Does anyone know this?
EC law says no.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks. Those regulations are long and can be very confusing. It's hard to find exactly what you're looking for.

I'm here as the unmarried partner of an EU national. We are not married, so the tax laws don't apply.