ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application and financial status

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tekaweni

Naturalisation application and financial status

Post by tekaweni » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:48 am

I will shortly be applying for naturalisation based on 5 years (4 yrs work permit + 1 with ILR).

When I applied for ILR I needed to show bank statements, but for naturalisation I dont. My question is - is my bank balance when applying for naturalisation likely to affect the outcome, assuming all things regarding Inland Revenue are ok, and I've been employed the whole time etc? I ask because I have a 2k overdraft and dont want to delay my application while I clear it, if its not going to matter anyway.

I suspect it isnt important as they pretty much gave me access to public funds when I got ILR, but thought I'd drop it in here. Anyone haver any ideas or thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:04 pm

Your financial situation is not relevant to your naturalisation application unless you have failed to pay taxes or have been declared bankrupt. In fact it is not even necessary to be employed at the time of application.

Furthermore, the reason for showing your bank statement when applying for ILR is not to show an absolute amount, but merely to show that you have a regular income and do not rely on public funds. When I applied for ILR I showed them a bank statement with something like £50 or £70 in my current account. It wasn't a problem at all.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:59 pm

Bank statements are just enough to validate your current address.
For naturalization, trascations doesnt matter at all.

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:11 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'm booked to go to the Newcastle NCS next Thursday to submit my application. There arent any in Scotland so it's a couple of hours travel to the nearest, but from what I've read here about using the NCS it'll still be worth it.

I guess I dont need to get hold of an actual paper form ie I can just download and print the .pdf copy off the Home Office's web site - they dont mind if its black and white do they?

Cheers
Kim

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:48 am

I guess I dont need to get hold of an actual paper form ie I can just download and print the .pdf copy off the Home Office's web site - they dont mind if its black and white do they?
No problem you using a print of a form downloaded from the internet. That is why IND provide that facility ... to save them printing and then sending out forms they have produced.
John