ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Processing Time (Karachi VAC)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Hey guys my status just changed today:

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same.

Now i will go tomorrow to collect now..

Plz pray for me..all of u..i need it..

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:22 pm

Iqraa wrote:Hey guys my status just changed today:

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same.

Congrats!!!
Finally some good news...
Dont panic, you have already got it, I wish you all the LUCK!!

regards,

Ali
all is well that ends well

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:16 pm

ali_hsn wrote:

Congrats!!!

regards,

Ali

Hi Ali,

Thanks and im constantly praying for u n ifti as well..urs will be near soon inshAllah..but lisn the real time is to come tomorrow..i hav so many fears yet im happy that atleast the day has come..ok one more thing..i hav a feeling that this might be the result of a step i took yesterday..i dont sit at rest u know till things happen :) ..yesterday fedex told me that if u want u can fex ISB BCH Visa Section directly and they respond for sure.

I had both their fax numbers of visa section and this is the fax i sent yesterday from my offic and only today i got response:

Dear Sir,

This is with reference to my application for a Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa submitted on 25 Feb 2010 through Karachi VAC. Please note that it’s been above two months now since I have received no response from our local VAC. My concern is that on calling Abu Dhabi, I have been told several times that my application was processed and dispatched to Pakistan on 12 April 2010. In this regard, I have even received an email from their side. Please find it below:

Monday, April 26, 2010 8:51 PM

From: "visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk" <visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk>

To: iqrazafar@yahoo.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we have processed your application in Abu Dhabi and if you still did not hear from the VAC regarding the collection of your decision please do get in touch in order to collect the same.

You can monitor the progress of your application by checking the Gerry's website at: www.ukvacpk.com.

Regards

Visa Correspondence Team

British Embassy, Abu Dhabi

Information related to my application is as follows:

Applicant’s passport number: ACXXXXXXX

Tracking Num: GRY-PK-04-XXXX

Online tracking number for application given by Gerry’s FedEx: KHI/250210/XXXXXX

Applicants date of birth:

Applicants name: Iqra Zafar

I will appreciate if I be kindly informed and briefed about my passport and its collection. I have been advised by FedEx KHI VAC to directly write to you in order to discuss the matter.

Best Regards,

Iqra Zafar

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Iqraa wrote:
ali_hsn wrote:

Congrats!!!

regards,

Ali

Hi Ali,

Thanks and im constantly praying for u n ifti as well..urs will be near soon inshAllah..but lisn the real time is to come tomorrow..i hav so many fears yet im happy that atleast the day has come..ok one more thing..i hav a feeling that this might be the result of a step i took yesterday..i dont sit at rest u know till things happen :) ..yesterday fedex told me that if u want u can fex ISB BCH Visa Section directly and they respond for sure.

I had both their fax numbers of visa section and this is the fax i sent yesterday from my offic and only today i got response:

Dear Sir,

This is with reference to my application for a Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa submitted on 25 Feb 2010 through Karachi VAC. Please note that it’s been above two months now since I have received no response from our local VAC. My concern is that on calling Abu Dhabi, I have been told several times that my application was processed and dispatched to Pakistan on 12 April 2010. In this regard, I have even received an email from their side. Please find it below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we have processed your application in Abu Dhabi and if you still did not hear from the VAC regarding the collection of your decision please do get in touch in order to collect the same.

You can monitor the progress of your application by checking the Gerry's website at: www.ukvacpk.com.

Regards

Visa Correspondence Team

Online tracking number for application given by Gerry’s FedEx: KHI/250210/XXXXXX

I will appreciate if I be kindly informed and briefed about my passport and its collection. I have been advised by FedEx KHI VAC to directly write to you in order to discuss the matter.

Best Regards,

Iqra Zafar
Hi Iqra,

InshAllah you will get the visa tomorrow. Can you please give me the fax number for Isb Visa section, I thought I'll give it a go.

My prayers are with you and your husband!

Good Luck and do let us know once you recieve it.

regards,
Ali

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:15 pm

ali_hsn wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
ali_hsn wrote:

Congrats!!!

regards,

Ali

Hi Ali,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards

Visa Correspondence Team

Best Regards,

Iqra Zafar
Hi Iqra,

InshAllah you will get the visa tomorrow. Can you please give me the fax number for Isb Visa section, I thought I'll give it a go.

My prayers are with you and your husband!

Good Luck and do let us know once you recieve it.

regards,
Ali

Sure ali,,i wont be going out of touch so easily :)

Here you go. I had sent fax on all of these:

00 92 51 2206069 (Visa Section)
00 92 51 2279355 (Visa Section)
0092 51 2279356 (Visa Section)

smartchallenger
Newly Registered

Post by smartchallenger » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Hello all,

thx for sharing ur experiences... it really help for ppl like me who don't knw much abt Tier 1 (General) dependant and can easily be misguided by anyone...

I have been living in UK for around 4 years... came as a student then switched to PSW and now got Tier 1 (General) last month.... I am planning to call over my wife from Karachi and for this purpose I have consulted immigration offier who told me that i also need to submit my mobile bill which shows my communication with my wife.. we normally use prepay cards to call backhome so how can i give any evidence of my communication with my wife .... and one more question, do I need to get all my documents attested from Pakistan embassy based in London before submitting my wife's application ???

HSMPSEQUENCE

Post by HSMPSEQUENCE » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:16 pm

Hello Iqraa,

Please could you advise the outcome of your application.

Best Wishes & Praying,
S

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi Ali, Iqraa,

Its really bad news from my side. My family's visa refused due to following reasons.

1) Bank statement have logo, stamp but doesn't have officer's signature.
2) My HSMP letter is fake and my family's application may be declined for next 10 years.

I don't know yaar what to do next. Applying new application may be automatically refused for next 10 years if the hsmp letter would be false. So I have only one way which is to appeal against the decision.

Today I have given a call to home office and asked them to verify my HSMP letter because EC officer mentioned that it is not genuine and he has retained my original letter as well. They said I can confirm that we have sent HSMP letter to you and also asked him to please confirm address and date of issue which are all correct and its there in their record as well.

At this time I am thinking to pack my bag and go home for family.

Best of luck others.
:cry:

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi ifti,

I am sorry to know that your family's visa has been refused. I can understand how difficult is it to be away from your family for so long.

According to their guidelines at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf , following conditions must be met for bank statements;

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:

the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
the account number
the date of the statement;
the financial institution’s name and logo; and
the amount of money available.

And then below it says;

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

Where does it say that the statement should have the signatures as well ?

Go for administration review and send them the printed copy of this. I am sure your case will be accepted. Secondly, administration review does not take longer unlike Appeal.

Best of luck Brother.

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:08 pm

AANWAR wrote:Hi ifti,

I am sorry to know that your family's visa has been refused. I can understand how difficult is it to be away from your family for so long.

According to their guidelines at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf , following conditions must be met for bank statements;

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:

the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
the account number
the date of the statement;
the financial institution’s name and logo; and
the amount of money available.

And then below it says;

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

Where does it say that the statement should have the signatures as well ?

Go for administration review and send them the printed copy of this. I am sure your case will be accepted. Secondly, administration review does not take longer unlike Appeal.

Best of luck Brother.

I have read somewhere that administration review is for Tier 1 main applicant and not for dependents. This is what mentioned on their site

What is Administrative Review?

If we refuse an application for entry clearance under the points-based system and you think that an error has been made, you can ask us to check our decision. This is known as an Administrative Review. The review will, for example, look at whether your claimed points were correctly assessed.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#21400091
Please note that a decision to refuse any dependant’s application for entry clearance as the spouse / partner / child of a points-based system migrant attracts a limited or full right of appeal as opposed to an Administrative review. This is because an Administrative review is used to assess whether points have been correctly awarded and your dependants are not applying under the points system.

My girl is now 9 months old and she don't know her father. :cry:

Please advice how to appeal.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:28 pm

ifti12 wrote:Hi Ali, Iqraa,

Its really bad news from my side. My family's visa refused due to following reasons.

2) My HSMP letter is fake and my family's application may be declined for next 10 years.

I don't know yaar what to do next. Applying new application may be automatically refused for next 10 years if the hsmp letter would be false. So I have only one way which is to appeal against the decision.

Today I have given a call to home office and asked them to verify my HSMP letter because EC officer mentioned that it is not genuine and he has retained my original letter as well. They said I can confirm that we have sent HSMP letter to you and also asked him to please confirm address and date of issue which are all correct and its there in their record as well.

Best of luck others.
Hi Ifti,

I am sorry for the bad news yaar. Looks like these immigration officers are dumb or they dont have a proper system in place to differ the genuine applicants from the fraud ones.
I believe you should start by putting down a cover letter and listing all the documents you have to support your case
Bank statements - now that the time has passed you should have the original documents. Take the reference of the website and print it out to support the face that it needs no signature.
HSMP - As far as I am concerned, you dont send the original letter now that they have retained it, the only thing you have is the letter that comes with HSMP approval. State in your letter that you have also attached the copy of your passport with the HSMP approved visa stamp.

In the end there is only so much that they can do, I believe they are looking for a reason to refuse visas these days. Since your case is quite strong, dont panic and start with these. See what else you can produce to support your case, I think the ENTRY stamps on your passport also support your cae.

Best of Luck ifti and have faith!
regards,
Ali

edit: Admin review is only for Tier1 Migrants for dependants you have to appeal. The officer would have given you the right to appeal. Read the letter carefully or it would be better if you post it here i.e. what are the case officer's exact words.

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:01 pm

ali_hsn wrote:

Best of luck others.
Hi Ifti,

I am sorry for the bad news yaar. Looks like these immigration officers are dumb or they dont have a proper system in place to differ the genuine applicants from the fraud ones.
I believe you should start by putting down a cover letter and listing all the documents you have to support your case
Bank statements - now that the time has passed you should have the original documents. Take the reference of the website and print it out to support the face that it needs no signature.
HSMP - As far as I am concerned, you dont send the original letter now that they have retained it, the only thing you have is the letter that comes with HSMP approval. State in your letter that you have also attached the copy of your passport with the HSMP approved visa stamp.

Ali,
So you are saying I should not send the HSMP original letter. Yaar but I have read on following links and almost everyone submitted their original letter.

http://www.theskillsite.com/uk-immigrat ... t-visa.htm
www.spammer.com/uk-discussion-f ... ndent-visa

Secondly today during call to home office I have asked that if my letter is geniun and have a record with you then why they are saying its fake then he said because your letter was valid for 6 months and its expired now. That's why they are saying its not geniun. I don't understand yaar.
He was saying that you should apply visa for your family's EC within 6 months as well using this letter. Bhai is there any such rule exists? Because I think you can apply EC for your family at any time before expiring your visa. Right?

:?

In the end there is only so much that they can do, I believe they are looking for a reason to refuse visas these days. Since your case is quite strong, dont panic and start with these. See what else you can produce to support your case, I think the ENTRY stamps on your passport also support your cae.

regards,
Ali

edit: Admin review is only for Tier1 Migrants for dependants you have to appeal. The officer would have given you the right to appeal. Read the letter carefully or it would be better if you post it here i.e. what are the case officer's exact words.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:26 pm

ifti12 wrote:
ali_hsn wrote:

Best of luck others.
Hi Ifti,

Ali,
So you are saying I should not send the HSMP original letter. Yaar but I have read on following links and almost everyone submitted their original letter.

http://www.theskillsite.com/uk-immigrat ... t-visa.htm
www.spammer.com/uk-discussion-f ... ndent-visa

Secondly today during call to home office I have asked that if my letter is geniun and have a record with you then why they are saying its fake then he said because your letter was valid for 6 months and its expired now. That's why they are saying its not geniun. I don't understand yaar.
He was saying that you should apply visa for your family's EC within 6 months as well using this letter. Bhai is there any such rule exists? Because I think you can apply EC for your family at any time before expiring your visa. Right?

:?

regards,
Ali

These guys are a bunch of joke to be honest, If you eneterd UK under the HSMP scheme then you come under the transitional arrangements and your dependants also apply under the HSMP dependant scheme.

Anyways, as far as I am concerned you should not have sent the original HSMP letter for your dependants, only a copy would have done the job. It is your own personal choice but there are these immigration lawyers in London that I know of, you can get some advice from them. I went to them when I applied for my Tier 1. Here is the number : 020 7480 5999. Only ask for an appointment with David. They charge £100 for advice only, not the case... David is retired immigration magistrate.

Then again this is my part, I wish you all the best!

regards,
Ali

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:19 pm

Dear Ifti and Ali,

Firstly Ifti, its really sad to hear about your rejection..I have no words to express sorrow coz i can imagine ur feelings v well as i had passed thru the same almost..As far as letter is concerned, my husband had submitted original Tier 1 letter and not the copy. I really dont understand how did they come up with this fake letter thing? This is simply an appeal case and im sure wid a good lawyer, ul easily win the case. Administrative review as far as i know is not for dependents.

Anyways, my visa got approved mashAllah. And the point to notice is that the issue date is 12th April i.e. the exact date that Abu Dhabi lady used to tell me that ur application was processed on 12th and dispatched on 13th to Pakistan. So they basically kept my application till 29th as they dont really know what it means to us to remain so far from our spouse's. Ali, i really recommend u to fax them the way i did and im sure the next day they l wake up and send u ur passport as well. I am vvv relieved now and am leaving on 21st of May for London inshAllah.

Ali whats ur update so far?

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:22 pm

HSMPSEQUENCE wrote:

Hello Iqraa,

Please could you advise the outcome of your application.

Best Wishes & Praying,
S
Visa approved:

Applied on : 25th Feb
Visa stamped on: 12th April
Passport dispatched to Isb BHC: 13th april
Passport received on: 29th April

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Iqraa wrote:Dear Ifti and Ali,

Firstly Ifti, its really sad to hear about your rejection..I have no words to express sorrow coz i can imagine ur feelings v well as i had passed thru the same almost..As far as letter is concerned, my husband had submitted original Tier 1 letter and not the copy. I really dont understand how did they come up with this fake letter thing? This is simply an appeal case and im sure wid a good lawyer, ul easily win the case. Administrative review as far as i know is not for dependents.

Anyways, my visa got approved mashAllah. And the point to notice is that the issue date is 12th April i.e. the exact date that Abu Dhabi lady used to tell me that ur application was processed on 12th and dispatched on 13th to Pakistan. So they basically kept my application till 29th as they dont really know what it means to us to remain so far from our spouse's. Ali, i really recommend u to fax them the way i did and im sure the next day they l wake up and send u ur passport as well. I am vvv relieved now and am leaving on 21st of May for London inshAllah.

Congrats Iqraa, May Allah give you lots of happiness in your life. Yes Ali try to fax them as it may not harm your result. My prayers are with you dear. Best of luck.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi Iqra,

My hearty Congrats on recieving the visa. Finally you will be able to join your husband here in UK. It is really sad and frustating what happened to Ifti, I hope he gets this sorted soon.

When my wife filed her application, I sent her a copy of my workpermit (prv I was on WP) and the copy of passport with the Tier 1 stamp. I have mentioned my reference numbers in the cover letter and that is it. It states no where in the guidance notes that you need to submit the originals, if they reject my wife's visa for not sending the originals I'll be furious.

I am sending them a fax tomorrow, we shall se what they come up with then... No real update to be honest and I am bit concerned after Ifti's story. May Allah help us all... Please pray for Ifti and me.

kind regards,
Ali.

edit: I spend most of my day on these forums and checking the status now, it is hard to concentrate at work... :?

uma103
Newly Registered

Post by uma103 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:24 pm

Best of luck others.
Really sorry to know that.. anyway it not to worry about and appeal against the decision as her represantive which you can do it from here aswell. dont forget writing a detailed covering letter with it , explaining everything and you can also submitt further evidence like original bank statements etc etc . thay are pretty quick as i filed it last week and got letter back in few days confirming that thay have forwarded the appeal with all supporting docs to Abudhabi which is a max 11 week process after that (As per letter) which is almost as same as a new application.

Dnt get panic or dishearted and use your right to appeal as its worth trying it .. remember the old HSMP's ?? when there all criterias were changed and rather than re-applying thay appealed and than got away with it very well ,,, otherwise we all would have been in an immigration musical chair :-)

Anyway i was stranded due to volcanic ash distruption but finally going pakistan tomorrow :D :D :D and wont be able to answer any further questions but all the details are here

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/appeals/aplprocedures

wish you all the good and best of luck..

HSMPSEQUENCE

Post by HSMPSEQUENCE » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:46 am

Hello Iqraa,

Masha Allah I am very happy for you. Best wishes for the future.

Ifti- hope everything works out good for you soon.

Dear All,

I have a question: I have only sent the certified photocopies of my TIER 1 GENERAL MIGRANT ID card to Pakistan. I dont have a HSMP letter as it was taken by homeoffice when they provided us ID cards.

Please could someone ( speciaaly seniors) advise if I need to do something. I am submitting next week, please help!

Thanks,
S

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:44 am

ali_hsn wrote:

Hi Iqra,

My hearty Congrats on recieving the visa. Finally you will be able to join your husband here in UK. It is really sad and frustating what happened to Ifti, I hope he gets this sorted soon.

When my wife filed her application, I sent her a copy of my workpermit (prv I was on WP) and the copy of passport with the Tier 1 stamp. I have mentioned my reference numbers in the cover letter and that is it. It states no where in the guidance notes that you need to submit the originals, if they reject my wife's visa for not sending the originals I'll be furious.

I am sending them a fax tomorrow, we shall se what they come up with then... No real update to be honest and I am bit concerned after Ifti's story. May Allah help us all... Please pray for Ifti and me.

kind regards,
Ali.

edit: I spend most of my day on these forums and checking the status now, it is hard to concentrate at work... :?
Ali,

Keep me informed of ur status. I have a feeling that urs shud come sumtimes near. My personal observation, that cases which r simple take lesser time..so plz get after them..i used to call fedex 10 times a day plus do send the fax on the numbers i gave u..

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Iqraa wrote: Ali,

Keep me informed of ur status. I have a feeling that urs shud come sumtimes near. My personal observation, that cases which r simple take lesser time..so plz get after them..i used to call fedex 10 times a day plus do send the fax on the numbers i gave u..
Hi Ifti & Iqraa,

I have sent the faxes today, but have not heard back yet. Will call AbuDhabi on Monday and see what they have to say. Fingers crossed!
Ifti any update on your plan to file a appeal yet?

regards,
Ali

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 pm

ali_hsn wrote:

Hi Ifti & Iqraa,

I have sent the faxes today, but have not heard back yet. Will call AbuDhabi on Monday and see what they have to say. Fingers crossed!

regards,
Ali
Btw Ali, Abu Dhabi resumes on sunday..their weekend is fri/sat so i used to call them on sunday. But lisn hey its no use calling them anymore..that lady was almost a good friend by the end, she said if ur appl has been dispatched from here then its no use at all to call us..u shud bug ur local VAC...i think this fax thing works and ul receive response coming week inshAllah...dont expect them to respond by email/fax.they dont..but they do respond by sending passport :) atleast in my exp i think this worked.

InshAllah everything is going to be fine..all my prayers r wid u n ur wife..dont worry at all and have faith..things will turn out to be good for u..

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:25 pm

ali_hsn wrote:

Hi Ifti & Iqraa,

regards,
Ali
My prayers are with you. InshaAllah you will hear soon good news. Yaar I have talked some solicitor and going to appeal next week with some solid grounds. Let's see what happen but now I will live away from family again for say next 6 months atlest. You know this appeal process this completely free and means in the queue at lowest level. So you can imagine if they are not responding you after paying 700 pounds then only God knows how long it will take without paying any money that's why people prefer to apply new application but in my case it will cost me 2200 pounds so that's why appealing and that's the only way to prove this feke kind of thing to geniun.

Take care.

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

ali_hsn wrote:

Hi Ifti & Iqraa,

regards,
Ali

Hi Ali,

Ur out of touch. Please let me know if there has been any update since the last time u posted the fax..im still praying for u..n worried..plz update..

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Tue May 04, 2010 10:39 am

Iqraa wrote:
Hi Ali,

Ur out of touch. Please let me know if there has been any update since the last time u posted the fax..im still praying for u..n worried..plz update..
Hi Ifti & Iqra,

Sorry I was out of touch because of the bank holiday on monday. Anyways I have some good news and some bad news... Finally after 3 months of waiting the status changed on the website yesterday. It was yesterday in the evening, therefore my wife had to collect her passport today.
Good News : She has got the visa, Alhumdullilah! 12/04/2010 -> 26/11/2012 (took them a month just to get the passport back!)
Bad News : She will be joining me soon... more expenses, etc

lol! Sorry for the bad joke. Thankyou for your support guys, I'll stay on the forum and try my best to help people to the best of my knowledge. Now our prayers are with you Ifti. I wish you all the luck bro, InshAllah you'll get there just have faith.
My wife will be joining me at the end of this month InshAllah.

regards,
Ali