ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Electronic bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

umeshl
Newly Registered

Electronic bank statements

Post by umeshl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:04 pm

I have opted for "Go Paperless" in Bank statements and I do not receive any paper statements. I have the electronic statements in my account online.

I can print them from online and get stamp on each page of the statement from nearest bank office here for the 12 months for the previous earnings. Should this suffice the requirement or are there any hidden clauses for this to be accepted?

Any help from the members of the board is highly appreciated!! Thanks!!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Electronic bank statements

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:16 pm

umeshl wrote:I have opted for "Go Paperless" in Bank statements and I do not receive any paper statements. I have the electronic statements in my account online.

I can print them from online and get stamp on each page of the statement from nearest bank office here for the 12 months for the previous earnings. Should this suffice the requirement or are there any hidden clauses for this to be accepted?

Any help from the members of the board is highly appreciated!! Thanks!!
Order the statements from the bank and you will receive the statements in 5-7 days by post. The statements you get by post are treated as originals they are the best option.

umeshl
Newly Registered

Re: Electronic bank statements

Post by umeshl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 pm

I tried ordering statements some time last year for different purpose. They only provide the duplicate statements and they are not on company paper (not even color printouts). They are just A4 normal paper as if we are printing it here. I called the customer care today, and they say that they will be providing the duplicate statement which is just the print out. It would not have the company hologram present on it. She also refused to stamp it which means that I need to get it stamped over here only in the nearest branch.
Can you please let me know if that is acceptable by the embassy?

umeshl
Newly Registered

Post by umeshl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Is it not a very good advice to have the electronic statements printed (in color) and have a stamp from the nearest branch office?

umeshl
Newly Registered

Post by umeshl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Any comments/feedback please...

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:15 pm

umeshl wrote:Is it not a very good advice to have the electronic statements printed (in color) and have a stamp from the nearest branch office?
i really wont suggest any plain paper with a stamp and sign !!
they insist on ORIGINAL STATIONARY - n that insists a BANK LOGO on the paper.

i m sure if you go to your bank branch and ask for statement on bank stationary they will provide it

with which bank do you hold your account ? other people might have faced same thing they shall help.

umeshl
Newly Registered

Post by umeshl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:36 pm

muditmalhotra wrote:
umeshl wrote:Is it not a very good advice to have the electronic statements printed (in color) and have a stamp from the nearest branch office?

i m sure if you go to your bank branch and ask for statement on bank stationary they will provide it

with which bank do you hold your account ? other people might have faced same thing they shall help.
I hold the account with Bank of America in US. They do not provide statement in the branch office. They do provide the transaction history; but only for the current month.

The Tier1 guidance document says that we can have the online statements printed out and have a stamp on it. Would that not work?

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:49 pm

umeshl wrote:
muditmalhotra wrote:

I hold the account with Bank of America in US. They do not provide statement in the branch office. They do provide the transaction history; but only for the current month.

The Tier1 guidance document says that we can have the online statements printed out and have a stamp on it. Would that not work?
its better you ask ppl who had account with bank of America, how did they manage
also you can try getting a letter saying that these printouts bearing stamp and sign are genuine, and this letter should be on letter head

maidy

bank statement

Post by maidy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi...what bank u r dealing with..... if its HSBC they will not stamp ur printouts at all. They dont verify statements. so if it is hsbc, the only best option is to order by post.
if it is some other bank then YES take the printouts and get them stamped by the bank, H.O permits to do so.
Good Luck
Maddy