ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:33 pm

mad here is the link

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=253

Passports are required for travel to all countries except the United Kingdom. (However, you should note that some airlines now require photo-ID for flights to the UK). With the exception of travel to the U.K., Irish citizens require a valid passport for travel to all other destinations in the E.U.
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

Bayern Munchen
Newly Registered

Post by Bayern Munchen » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:40 pm

smalltime
Member of Standing

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munchen wrote:
Hi to everyone! Just very small thing forgot to tell.For all those,who are worried about penalty points:When I applied,I had 4,then during 3,5 years period I got another 4(so,8 in total,all for speeding,never anything serious,all fines paid,no hassle).Then 6 were cleared over 3 years,so I want to think/sure,that its all about not to go to court,or really serious stuff,which could affect the decision.Well,I think we all know by know.I hope my experience could help to reduce stress.Cheers.

are you a F1 driver hahaha

I would like to,mate! :D All of them i got by speeding at work,go-go-go scenario,you know...Be safe.All the best.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Thanks ye all. I don't need the passport for travel because my previous passport has a tier1 visa on it for uk but I need to register with my professional registration authority. They won't give me full status unless I am an Irish national. They only accept passport or identity cards. Therefore, i am anxious to get a passport quickly. Moreover, I don't have my long form birth cert. My solicitor submitted the original to INIS when I applied so that's why I m facing trouble. It will take my dad approx. 1 week to have it sent over through DHL but I wonder if I can get away with a copy of the birth cert? Furthermore, how can 1 get the passport in person?

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 pm

@ Gandhai. Please do not worry. You do not need GNIB card now. Nobody gets the GNIB card after they become a national. That's the whole point my friend. Enjoy. Just get a passport and travel someplace.

goonie76
Newly Registered

Post by goonie76 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Folks,

I am looking for a advice, i have recieved SW payment in May 2003 for two weeks since then i haven't claimed from SW, will this have any impact on the citizenship decision (Applied in August '2008)

Thanks

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:18 pm

mad wrote:@ Gandhai. Please do not worry. You do not need GNIB card now. Nobody gets the GNIB card after they become a national. That's the whole point my friend. Enjoy. Just get a passport and travel someplace.
Mad Nobody is answering my question. Did you get your GNIB card back? My point is that they have not written that they are going to retain my GNIB card. It may have legal consequences because I don't have any evidence in writting that my GNIB card has been retained by INIS. Please comment on this subject. Much appreciated. Everybody is euphoric and in the heat of the moment nobody is paying any attention to my question.

Thanks
Gandhai

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:29 pm

Gandhai wrote:
mad wrote:@ Gandhai. Please do not worry. You do not need GNIB card now. Nobody gets the GNIB card after they become a national. That's the whole point my friend. Enjoy. Just get a passport and travel someplace.
Mad Nobody is answering my question. Did you get your GNIB card back? My point is that they have not written that they are going to retain my GNIB card. It may have legal consequences because I don't have any evidence in writting that my GNIB card has been retained by INIS. Please comment on this subject. Much appreciated. Everybody is euphoric and in the heat of the moment nobody is paying any attention to my question.

Thanks
Gandhai
Gandhai. I think a lot of people answered your question :) No I did not get my GNIB card at all. Nobody gets their GNIB card once they get naturalised. You do not require your GNIB card :) SO please do not be concerned. I didnt get it. Nobody else gets it. 9gerian, smalltime, nanette, munchen bayern nobody got their GNIB cards. Let me assure you.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Gandhai wrote:

Thanks
Gandhai
Gandhai, I think they have mentioned that they would retain the GNIB card once your naturalisation certificate arrives. So I think you have nothing to worry about. Just get euphoric like the rest of us :)

The purpose of GNIB card is to show that you are an alien who is legally resident in the state. Now once you have been granted citizenship you are no longer an alien. Therefore, for you to have both citizenship and GNIB card does not make any sense.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:33 pm

goonie76 wrote:Folks,

I am looking for a advice, i have recieved SW payment in May 2003 for two weeks since then i haven't claimed from SW, will this have any impact on the citizenship decision (Applied in August '2008)

Thanks
I do not think so. I think its OK to claim social welfare for a very brief period of time. But I cannot be too sure. Other people may enlighten you further regarding the same.

goonie76
Newly Registered

Post by goonie76 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks mad. I was just worried if INIS decides to reject my application based on access to SW payments.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:45 pm

goonie76 wrote:Thanks mad. I was just worried if INIS decides to reject my application based on access to SW payments.
You are welcome. I would like to rephrase that somewhat. I think that if you claimed social benefits for only a small period of time such as two weeks because of a genuine reason then you may be alright. But I would suggest that you explain this to the DOJ and explain why you had to claim social welfare benefits. Perhaps you lost your job for two weeks or were sick or something but quickly got back on your feet. I think nanette is very knowledgeable and if you browse through previous posts and check her posts. I think she said something similar a long time ago.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:24 pm

goonie76 wrote:Folks,

Thanks
I think it should not matter, 2 weeks is short. I knew someone lost her job in 2008 claimed SW got job again 2009 got approved end of 2009
she applied 2006.

as long as INIS see you genuinely lost your job and are looking for a job you have a chance.

but 2 weeks should not matter.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:15 am

@@Mad,

while you wait for your Cert, ask your dad to get you for original birth cert.
Also write to INIS to send you your original birth cert. They'll make a copy of themselves and give you the original.

If your birth cert is Not in English, it must be translated in English (it cost 45 euros to do via these companies that translate docs).

Failure to provide Original and translated Birth Cert, will only delay your passport processing.

I am enjoying mine this weekend. I can't wait.

Nana

mad wrote:Guys it took two weeks to arrive exactly. Can someone tell me if I need the original long form birth cert? Or a copy would do? What sort of information to they need on that?

mad

Post by mad » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:02 am

nanette wrote:@@Mad,

Also write to INIS to send you your original birth cert. They'll make a copy of themselves and give you the original.

If your birth cert is Not in English, it must be translated in English (it cost 45 euros to do via these companies that translate docs).

Failure to provide Original and translated Birth Cert, will only delay your passport processing.

Nana

mad wrote:Guys it took two weeks to arrive exactly. Can someone tell me if I need the original long form birth cert? Or a copy would do? What sort of information to they need on that?

Cheers Nanette. My dad just sent one through Fed Ex. God love him. He says it would take 3 working days to get to me. Nana Can I get the passport directly at the office in an urgent fashion?

mad

Post by mad » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi Guys,

Just want to know how can one get the citizenship certificate in English? Would one have to pay a fee? If one has to pay a fee how much would that be?

Kind regards,

Mad
Last edited by mad on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:01 pm

mad wrote:Hi Guys,

Just want to know how can one get the citizenship certificate in English? Would one have to pay a fee? If one has to pay a fee how much would that be?

Kind regards,
Dear mad,

are you mad? :)

cert should be in Enlish.
Last edited by smalltime on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mad

Post by mad » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi smalltime,

Nope. The cert. is in Irish.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:45 pm

mad wrote:Hi smalltime,

You can make a request in writing to INIS to have a copy of the cert in English. I don't know if you'll have to pay a fee though.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:39 pm

aha you are a doctor..are you?

I didnt know its in Irish, why do you need it in English?

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:50 pm

nanette wrote:@@Mad,

Nana

Hi Nanette im planning for around the world tour hehehe

mad

Post by mad » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:52 pm

smalltime wrote:

aha you are a doctor..are you?

I didnt know its in Irish, why do you need it in English?
Thanks smalltime. I really appreciate what you did :) Yupp I am. I guess I am gonna write to the INIS and see what they say. I am in no mood to pay another 950 euros for the translation though. :)

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Mon May 03, 2010 1:22 am

Hi all..i m a keen follower of this thread and posting for the first time..
my time line..
Applied March 2007
Confirmation April 2007
Additional doc..like marriage cert oct 2008
No word since then.......
any comments please....

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Mon May 03, 2010 9:34 am

southdubliner wrote:Hi all..i m a keen follower of this thread and posting for the first time..
my time line..
Applied March 2007
Confirmation April 2007
Additional doc..like marriage cert oct 2008
No word since then.......
any comments please....
Southdubliner, now that the phone service is suspended, you keep writing letters to them asking for status. I think the hard-working INIS are 'waiting' on your Social Welfare report which takes 2 days if you get it yourself. A friend of mine who applied in June 2007, was asked for additional docs in Jan 2009 & he received approval in mar 2010 despite various delays. What they didn't tell him to furnish, until they were preparing the file to be sent to Minister, was his birth affidavit. So, you may want to check if they have everything from you..

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Can i ask something. Can we get an idea about the person waiting longest yet. i am waiting from 35 months. southdublinar is waiting from last 37 months. anybody waiting longer than this.

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Tue May 04, 2010 7:45 am

bugu07 wrote:Can i ask something. Can we get an idea about the person waiting longest yet. i am waiting from 35 months. southdublinar is waiting from last 37 months. anybody waiting longer than this.
I GOT APPROVAL AFTER 42 MONTHS ON 12/4/2010