ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance' visa help needed.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Fiance' visa help needed.

Post by navalaviator » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:41 am

HI,

I and my fiancee got engaged in the UK in april last year when i was on the student visa but we couldnt marry as my student visa was due to expire in may 09 so i left the UK before the expiry of my leave and came back to pak and applied for the fiance' visa in july 09 and was refused in oct 09 and received decesion in nov 09 i.e after 5 months.The reason for refusal was just the lack of savings in my fiancees account and every thing else was fine and we decide to not to appeal against the decision and now we have sorted out the financial reason and about to reapply the fiance' visa.
I was searching for the fiance' visa and came across a website http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/fiance and i read about the intervening devotionso i just need to know that does it really apply to my situation as i and my fiancee have been engaged for exactly one year and she couldnt visit pak to fullfill this intervening devotion requirement??? and now we intend to reapply the fiance' visa so am bit confused about the intervening devotion that does it apply to my fiance' visa or it just applies to the spouse visa applicants where sponsor and applicant have lived away for some time after marriage and they have to show that there marriage is subsisting.

PS.We could provide the itemised bills to show the communication between us during this one year and pics of our engagement ceremony.

I am so confused coz of this intervening devotion requirement as it is not one of the reasons of paragraph 290 to qualify for the fiance' visa.

It further states that the relationship is subsisting and ongoing what does it exactly mean in the context of fiance' visa ? http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/fiance/

I would really appreciate any guidance.

Thanks
Last edited by navalaviator on Sun May 02, 2010 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:50 am

Requirements for leave to enter the United Kingdom as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner (i.e. with a view to marriage or civil partnership and permanent settlement in the United Kingdom)
290. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner are that:

(i) the applicant is seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom for marriage or civil partnership to a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement; and

(ii) the parties to the proposed marriage or civil partnership have met; and

(iii) each of the parties intends to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse or civil partner after the marriage or civil partnership ; and

(iv) adequate maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds will be available for the applicant until the date of the marriage or civil partnership ; and

(v) there will, after the marriage or civil partnership, be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively; and

(vi) the parties will be able after the marriage or civil partnership to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds; and

(vii) the applicant holds a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... vilpartne/

It doesnt state any where to fullfill the requirement of subsisting relationship(But we are in constant contact over the phone) as we are supposed to get married first and this what the fiance' visa is all about :roll:

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:33 am

intervening devotion means proof of contact if there have been no visits to see each other. If you've been apart for more than 3 months then you will need to show this.
I tell it like it is.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:22 am

ElenaW wrote:intervening devotion means proof of contact if there have been no visits to see each other. If you've been apart for more than 3 months then you will need to show this.
Thanks for the reply.Allright so if we provide the itemised paper billing spread over a period of one year so will it suffice the intervening devotion or evidence of contact?
Is it a right move to apply the fiance' visa in my situation?

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:48 pm

Seems as if NO one is interested to reply :x

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Maybe other people have something to do other than wait for your questions- like a life.
People devote their time willingly and are not at someones beck and call :roll:

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:30 pm

navalaviator, it's a bit much to criticise the participants of this board for not replying to your latest post within 2 1/2 hours. That, and the fact that you specify who you want to reply in your first post, puts people off replying.

I don't think any visa application suffers from too much supporting evidence. Providing your telephone bills, IMHO, would support point (iii), that you intend to live together permanently - if you had been engaged since April 2009 but not been in contact for over a year, who would believe that the relationship is genuine and lasting?

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:59 pm

mochyn wrote:Maybe other people have something to do other than wait for your questions- like a life.
People devote their time willingly and are not at someones beck and call :roll:
Well mate i know that people are not suppose to answer my queries as they are not bound to do so or they are not obliged to answer.

I am upset with my personal circumstances and was looking for some different views and opinions about my query and so what if i posted some thing like "seems as if no one is interested to reply" instead of teaching me morals you could have ignored and could have contributed some thing constructive and usefull!

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:23 pm

stmellon wrote:navalaviator, it's a bit much to criticise the participants of this board for not replying to your latest post within 2 1/2 hours. That, and the fact that you specify who you want to reply in your first post, puts people off replying.

I don't think any visa application suffers from too much supporting evidence. Providing your telephone bills, IMHO, would support point (iii), that you intend to live together permanently - if you had been engaged since April 2009 but not been in contact for over a year, who would believe that the relationship is genuine and lasting?
Thanks for reply.

So it means that by providing phone bills it would satisfy that we have been in contact during all of this time and intend to live togather permanently.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 02, 2010 7:33 am

I think it comes down to this. "Evidence of contact" can only help an application for a settlement-class visa, such as a fiancée visa.
John

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sun May 02, 2010 6:25 pm

John wrote:I think it comes down to this. "Evidence of contact" can only help an application for a settlement-class visa, such as a fiancée visa.
Thanks for the reply.