ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa as newlyweds

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hongkongpheuy12
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa as newlyweds

Post by hongkongpheuy12 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:02 am

Hi all.

Spent lots of time reading through this site and am asking for a bit of advice.

Im a UK male (24), currently living in Japan on a cultural visa (not able to work due to visa restrictions). My girlfriend in Japanese (30). We have been together for over 1 year and are planning on getting married in June (im waiting for my notice of marriage to clear).

We intend on living in the UK. I am unemployed and do not have a job to go to. I have around 3000 in savings am informed by several recruitment agents that we should not find it difficult to find work. Also my parents are allowing us to live in their home rent free until we are grounded.

My question is, that as newly weds, i.e starting the application a few days after the marriage, will this prove a problem when applying for the uk spousal visa?

Also, can some one please clear up the Entry Clearance for me. I seem to be confused about it. My wife will be apply for a spousal settlement visa, but does this count as entry clearance or do we have to apply for that as well.

thank you in advance for you help.

regards

Karl

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:37 am

No applying as newlyweds will not cause you any problems.

Yes a spousal visa is entry clearance.
I tell it like it is.

hongkongpheuy12
Newly Registered

Post by hongkongpheuy12 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks very much for the quick reply.

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:51 pm

This would have been better posted under your earlier thread, rather than opening a new thread for a related question 8)

hongkongpheuy12
Newly Registered

Post by hongkongpheuy12 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Thanks for the information stmellon. Sorry about the mistake. I have never used website forums before.

I was wondering...

I know there is no pre-determined amount that is required for a sponsor to be able to support his wife on moving to the UK.

However, I have read a few messages of people being unsure about finances. They talk about having 250,000gbp 30,000gbp in the bank. I have about 3,000gbp in savings, however i am employable (even though i dont have a degree) and we will be staying at my parents house rent free as previously stated.

would you say that this is sufficient, or does it have to be in the 10's of thousands?

thanks again for all your help

regards

karl