ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MARRIED BUT VISIT VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blacknura
Newly Registered

MARRIED BUT VISIT VISA

Post by blacknura » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi everyone

Have posted few threads.. got replies..thanks to all
new thread...
Married to british..gonna apply for settlement visa in september after her 1st month pay...

meanwhile i am planning to apply for a visitor visa so that i could attend her graduation on Jun 20th and celebrate our Birthday's Jun 22 & Jun 24

what category i should apply?
will i be succesful or they might refuse by saying that i should apply for settlement?
i was refused before when i applied for IGS/PSW extension...so overstayed but came out of UK on my own after i received the passport..will it play any role in my visit visa?
if my visitor visa refused will it play any part in my future settlement visa?

letter from my wife/her family saying that they want me there for the graduation and celebration will help us anyway?
and a letter from us statiing the reason of the visit and our plan of applying the settlement visa after her 1month pay?

replies and suggestions from all will help me

thanking you in advance

really want to be there for graduation...so help me with replies

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Not advisable to apply for visitor visa which is most likely going to end in a refusal and it will have serious implication for your settlement,

Suggest you spend time geting papers ready for spouse :roll:

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi
Just read this, and a bit worried now, as We have just applied for a Spouse visa, but had 2 visit Visa applications refused a year ago...will these refusals really have a serious impact on the Spouse Visa application?

blacknura
Newly Registered

Post by blacknura » Sat May 01, 2010 7:04 pm

thanks
but most of peoples/OISC says that settlement will be a different application irrespectives of refusals or bans?

is that means no chance of getting a family visit visa?

blacknura
Newly Registered

Post by blacknura » Thu May 06, 2010 2:11 pm

any suggestion?

will it be successful...

or

no chance of success????????

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu May 06, 2010 3:06 pm

It's irrespective to bans or refusals provided that there was no deception used. However, it's harder and takes longer to get a spousal visa if there were any bans, overstays, refusals.

So as others have suggested in your situation it's probably best to apply for a spousal.
I tell it like it is.