ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application of COS and current work permit holder

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yummychouchou
Newly Registered

Application of COS and current work permit holder

Post by Yummychouchou » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Hello,

I have my work permit since beggining of 2007 and I could not work for almost 6 months for my pregnancy and mental distress from unfortunate miscarriage during the period of Aug till end Dec 2008.

Therefore my salary was stopped and did not reach to the annual amount as opposed to the numbers I was supposed to earn and sateted on my work permit application.

My company had applied to COS and they have spoken with lawyer and advised to terminate my visa due to a violation of the immigration law. We had to make a cancellation of our COS application because of the advice however recently we were appointed for a meeting by HO in a couple months time and my company is panicking now.

Furtunately after obtained their COS they want to bring me back here again in a couple years by applying my new work permit.

When I got this job I had to sign on a contract stating not to work in the same industry for at least 3 years when I leave my company, so I can not find another job or transfer.

Would you think my company will need to terninate my visa once to protect themselves in this situation?? Most of my friends think I should not worry about this but lawyers have more accuracy of advice to us..

I would really appreciate it if anyone can have an idea and let me have your comment..

Thank you.