ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitin relative has mental illness - what can we do?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NIZAM
Newly Registered

Visitin relative has mental illness - what can we do?

Post by NIZAM » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:15 pm

I wonder if someone can offer some advice. My Aunt who is 57 single , came to visit me and my family in 2007. She was given a 6 months visa. Once she arrived she became ill with a form of dementia and we applied to for an extension to her visa to enable us to get her private medical treatment as she had no other family in Pakistan to care for her. All her family are settled in the UK.The Home office refused the request.

We were advised by lawyers that as soon as she is fit enough she would have to leave the UK. Since then she has been looked after by her pensioner brother and the rest of the family who have been paying for her private treatment/medication and hoping she would get well enough to travel.

However her mental condition has got progressively worse and now she needs 24 hour care. Doctors have confirmed that her dementia will not get any better. There is no one back home to look after her.

What is my Aunts legal status. If my uncle applied for leave to stay for her on compassionate grounds now, what do you think her chances are?
What can he do? Please help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 01, 2010 3:10 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.