ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

246a and spouses under 21

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Oops - HRY2005 your concern is appreciated! but I wouldn't want to give the impression I was seeking advice on my own account in this thread - I find this forum is a good place to think through ideas in a non-professional context (as well as offering my opinions when I do have some expertise)...

I've been wondering about para 246/248 because the marriage visa age is in the news and it seems it might help some people in that context.

Lynnuk, your case references are interesting but can you just post the links maybe as that last one was very hard on the eyes! :shock:

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Kitty wrote:Oops - HRY2005 your concern is appreciated! but I wouldn't want to give the impression I was seeking advice on my own account in this thread - I find this forum is a good place to think through ideas in a non-professional context (as well as offering my opinions when I do have some expertise)...

I've been wondering about para 246/248 because the marriage visa age is in the news and it seems it might help some people in that context.

Lynnuk, your case references are interesting but can you just post the links maybe as that last one was very hard on the eyes! :shock:
l

Is there any way I can attach file?

Sorry can not see sign anywhere.
These are my personal views only please.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Just the address of the relevant webpage. I think you posted the bailii link to the last case: that would be enough on its own.

:)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Lynnuk wrote:
Kitty wrote:Oops - HRY2005 your concern is appreciated! but I wouldn't want to give the impression I was seeking advice on my own account in this thread - I find this forum is a good place to think through ideas in a non-professional context (as well as offering my opinions when I do have some expertise)...

l

Is there any way I can attach file?

Sorry can not see sign anywhere.
Maybe the proxy u r using forbids it?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi

Yes you can search from Bailli we site.

Good Luck
These are my personal views only please.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:47 am

I thought I would revive this thread to add some further information.

For an out-of-country application using paragraph 246 of the Rules, it is not clear frmo the UK Visas website what form should be used.

I sent an enquiry and received the following responses:
Thank you for you enquiry.

Form VAF1A should be used...

... Type of application = select "(General) Long Term Visitor Visa (1 Year)" (this ensures that the correct fee - the local currency equivalent of £230 [w.e.f. 5/4/10] is collected).
I sent another enquiry asking about the suitability for VAF1A for visas where the applicant would have the right to work (because the form specifically says "if you intend to work in the UK you should not use this form". The reply I got was:
Employment is permitted in this category, but VAF1A is still appropriate as it is a Special visit Visa. If the applicant wishes to take up employment in the UK I suggest he or she clarifies this in the "Additional Information" Section of the VAF.

As the permitted period of stay is 12 months in this category, applicants have the right of appeal if refused.
Hope this is of some help to people :)[/quote]

Anjam23
BANNED

Post by Anjam23 » Sat May 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Kitty wrote:I thought I would revive this thread to add some further information.

For an out-of-country application using paragraph 246 of the Rules, it is not clear frmo the UK Visas website what form should be used.

I sent an enquiry and received the following responses:
Thank you for you enquiry.

Form VAF1A should be used...

... Type of application = select "(General) Long Term Visitor Visa (1 Year)" (this ensures that the correct fee - the local currency equivalent of £230 [w.e.f. 5/4/10] is collected).
I sent another enquiry asking about the suitability for VAF1A for visas where the applicant would have the right to work (because the form specifically says "if you intend to work in the UK you should not use this form". The reply I got was:
Employment is permitted in this category, but VAF1A is still appropriate as it is a Special visit Visa. If the applicant wishes to take up employment in the UK I suggest he or she clarifies this in the "Additional Information" Section of the VAF.

As the permitted period of stay is 12 months in this category, applicants have the right of appeal if refused.
Hope this is of some help to people :)
[/quote]

Thanks for detailed information.

Form is Vaf1 General and you would write in other category Person exercising access rights to his son.

Regard